Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My performante has a full mask and I have tried 2 different ceramic coating products, I keep thinking there has to be something better... Anybody have any suggestions?

·
Registered
2018 Huracan LP580-2
50 Posts
I used Feynalb on my 991.2 GT3 and I must say it is by far the best ceramic coating to have tried. I will have it applied to the Huracan this coming Friday weather permitting.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
I used Feynalb on my 991.2 GT3 and I must say it is by far the best ceramic coating to have tried. I will have it applied to the Huracan this coming Friday weather permitting.
You apply it or is it a professional system?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right on! thank you very much, I will definitely look that up online and try it out. I was hoping somebody would reply to my question thanks again 👍

·
Registered
2018 Huracan LP580-2
50 Posts
Right on! thank you very much, I will definitely look that up online and try it out. I was hoping somebody would reply to my question thanks again 👍
If the product can be bought off Amazon or directly from retailers without you being licensed then it is not the quality you want. Mind you there are some very good products out there that can be obtained "off the shelf" and I had tried some but they did not come close to how glossy and how effective Feynlab was.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
I had Authentic Details in Pflugerville apply it and they will be doing this car as well. Great shop and they are very meticulous with the cars.
Authentic details has a good reputation but they are too pricey for my liking. I think they were charging the equivalent of my first born for the ceramic coating.

·
Registered
2018 Huracan LP580-2
50 Posts
Authentic details has a good reputation but they are too pricey for my liking. I think they were charging the equivalent of my first born for the ceramic coating.
There are multiple levels of "coating".

1- Are you coating your paint surface? Then you need some light to heavy paint correction so the coating doesn't enhance and expose some of the light scratches and swirl marks on the paint. A brand new Huracan or F8 for that matter has quite ****ty paint coming from the factory. So the process takes a lot of time and thus cost more.
2- Paint surface that has been paint corrected, this is a much easier process.
3- Fully wrapped car (with PPF) takes the least amount of time as the prep work is minimal.

Also, are you getting a one year coating or their 3-5 year? All those have different prices.

I can tell you this... I would let maybe 2-3 people ever touch the paint on a 250+k car of mine and won't let some discount shop do paint correction on a Lamborghini as I have seen some horror stories from such work.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
^^I look carefully at ROI and I am not spending an exorbitant amount for a car I am only keeping a couple of years. The dealership sure it heck is not going to give me extra on the trade in. I have a very talented PPF guy in Rene from Sunbusters and I don’t have to spend a small fortune.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There are multiple levels of "coating".

1- Are you coating your paint surface? Then you need some light to heavy paint correction so the coating doesn't enhance and expose some of the light scratches and swirl marks on the paint. A brand new Huracan or F8 for that matter has quite ****ty paint coming from the factory. So the process takes a lot of time and thus cost more.
2- Paint surface that has been paint corrected, this is a much easier process.
3- Fully wrapped car (with PPF) takes the least amount of time as the prep work is minimal.

Also, are you getting a one year coating or their 3-5 year? All those have different prices.

I can tell you this... I would let maybe 2-3 people ever touch the paint on a 250+k car of mine and won't let some discount shop do paint correction on a Lamborghini as I have seen some horror stories from such work.
Yeah I hear you on all accounts I wouldn't let anybody touch my car... That would make me a nervous wreck LOL
My Performante has a full mask so I'm looking for something to enhance that rather than the paint. And maybe it's not even a ceramic coating I'm looking for, I just want the best looking results..
I appreciate the schooling on all the different types of coatings though.

·
Registered
2018 Huracan LP580-2
50 Posts
Yeah I hear you on all accounts I wouldn't let anybody touch my car... That would make me a nervous wreck LOL
My Performante has a full mask so I'm looking for something to enhance that rather than the paint. And maybe it's not even a ceramic coating I'm looking for, I just want the best looking results..
I appreciate the schooling on all the different types of coatings though.
you definitely want ceramic coating and one that works well with PPF.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you paid me I wouldn't use those products.
Well crap that makes me feel real good.
Guess I made a mistake on that one, I've washed the car three times since I've used those products so I think there's not much left of it on there like I said it's not bare paint it's a full body mask.. I was looking for a product that best suited that coating.

·
Registered
2018 Huracan LP580-2
50 Posts
^^I look carefully at ROI and I am not spending an exorbitant amount for a car I am only keeping a couple of years. The dealership sure it heck is not going to give me extra on the trade in. I have a very talented PPF guy in Rene from Sunbusters and I don’t have to spend a small fortune.
I get it. I keep my cars about a 14 months average on the high side. I heard great reports about Sun Busters.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
I get it. I keep my cars about a 14 months average on the high side. I heard great reports about Sun Busters.
Rene/Sunbusters is/are outstanding but next time I use them I will have them use the 11mm thickness Suntek Ultra on the front bumper.......that is the weak link in the chain.

Reactions: cantdrvfifty5

·
Registered
2022 H EVO RWD on order
2,199 Posts
Not sure about what 9h or 10h means? I only put one coat I tried two different products.... Mothers CMX ceramic coating and the other one was... Chemical guys hydro slick
To @KABoom ’s point above, if you’re buying it then it won’t be the same as commercial for the most part. You need to have it professionally done and even at that there are various packages (ex. Good, better, best). Go talk to a few local shops. It’s worth the money in my opinion but it does cost some money.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts