Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wow, that is insane. Like others have said, upgrade your security before they take advantage of breaking into your place. Did you happen to get the plate number of the "broke down" car?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I would still call the police after the fact and report it. Describe what you saw and know. It may help someone in the neighborhood out who wasn't as lucky as you. If someone did that to me, I would hit 'em with a nine iron and dial 911.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree with every one here who said your home was being "cased". Upgrade your security, change the remote codes on your cars for the garage. No "stranger" innocently does what that lady did.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I would still call the police after the fact and report it. Describe what you saw and know. It may help someone in the neighborhood out who wasn't as lucky as you. If someone did that to me, I would hit 'em with a nine iron and dial 911.
Yo Key: Why a 9-iron? A sand wedge has more bounce.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'd call the cops...

If someone stood on my driveway waiting for me politely asking to see the car or ask questions about it, that would be fine. But if they just walk in like it's their own house, then we have a problem.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Fully agreed with everyone here saying that your house was being cased and to upgrade your security system. I live in St. Louis, MO in a more secluded, woody area. About two years back, a friend about 2 miles away was leaving with her family to find a man outside their house claiming to be 'pricing logs' for my friend's husband, who's name he got wrong. My friend asked him to come back later when her husband was home, and he left. The family came back later that day to find their house broken broken into, various electronics missing, etc. They had no alarm system, but did lock their doors.

This goes to show that it can happen anywhere - this house was in a very good, private area. To add to the sense of security that should have been there, Albert Pujols until a few months ago lived one street down in a massive house with his 2 Rolls-Royces and a LP640 Roadster.

Everyone around here boosted their security systems after this and we haven't had any notable problems. Although recently a neighbor found a 'homeless' man sleeping underneath their car hauler who ran away before the cops came. Still have not figured that one out since we are nowhere near the city where most homeless stay.

I hope you get some good security and that nothing happens to you!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thank you everyone for the great advice. We've got a good security system, a dog with a vicious bark (but otherwise harmless, especially if you come bearing food), but I'm considering adding surveillance cameras outside of the home too. These are the things that I had never considered when I purchased the car.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Thank you everyone for the great advice. We've got a good security system, a dog with a vicious bark (but otherwise harmless, especially if you come bearing food), but I'm considering adding surveillance cameras outside of the home too. These are the things that I had never considered when I purchased the car.
It may have less to do with the Lambo and more to do with a nice home with expensive stuff in the garage. A stolen Lambo is a hard thing to move, but "what else in the garage and the house?" and "how easy is it to get to?" would be more my concern.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hope your alarm is connected to your actual garage door (not just the one that leads into the house). Surprised that a lot of people don't do that these days.

·
Registered
173 Posts
We have beggar kids with raggedy clothes who throw themselves on my car hood at almost every red light just to get a few coins.

What the problem is?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Call me paranoid, but this almost looks like a tell-tale sign of a pre-emptive strike of a home invasion. Sure, let's send some innocent young lady that "got lost whilst looking at pretty homes" and "stumbles upon the garage looking for help"...more like "let's take a closer look and see what else these people have" sounds like they are scoping the place out to do who knows what after. Better to be safe then sorry. I would call the Police and file an incident report and give them the description of that lady, time/place etc.

·
Registered
10,242 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
People follow me home all the time. I never go to my house if I see them - I have to drive around and hope they get tired of following me. One day two teens came to the front door and asked my wife it they could see/drive the lambo - I'm guessing they are neighbor kids but we didnt know them. Next day we had the garage wired to the alarm system. Its more secure than the house! Going to add video camera's next. Not as bad as your situation but I have learned you can never be too careful. MOST people are harmless but all it takes is ONE that has bad intentions :(

·
Registered
112 Posts
It's amazing how much activity there is between midnight and 5am in my neighborhood. Every weekend I see junkyard worthy cars creep up and down my street driving about 5mph, clearly scoping out houses. I regrettably turned my garage into a shop and installed those see through bay doors. It instantly drew attention. I ended up installing motion activated spotlights, cameras, and upgraded my security. Even got a curtain, making it hard to see the cars and snap on boxes. I'd recommend a lock box for all exotic owners. It adds a significant delay needed for the cops to show..

21 - 35 of 35 Posts