Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It must be a Utah thing, because I can't imagine this craziness happens anywhere else, right?!?!

Decided to go fill up my Mercedes GL at about 11 pm last night, at a gas station down the road a few miles from where I live. Dragged my hubby along with me. Return home at about 11:30 pm and we're pulling into the garage when we notice an unfamiliar car parked in front of our house. As we pull into the garage and park the Benz next to the Lambo, I notice a lady strolling INTO OUR GARAGE AS IF THIS IS NORMAL TO DO AT SOMEONE'S HOME THAT YOU DON'T KNOW IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!!!!!

She apologized for parking in front of our house, apparently her car broke down (as she was driving around the neighborhood looking at the pretty homes--I kid you not, that's what she said) and she saw the Lambo and wanted a closer look at it.

Needless-to-say, I'm totally creeped out by this and politely answer her questions as I try to gently nudge her out of our garage. Then she notices the car lift and the 2 911's on the lift and asks how the thing works. She finally leaves and all I could think was: OMG people are crazy and the excitement of seeing a Lambo brings out the crazy in folks!!!

I haven't been covering the car in the garage because I like seeing it, but I just may have to start covering it so as not to attract unwanted attention by people driving by when the garage door is open. Anyone else experience this sort of nuttiness?:eek:

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I love looking at exotic cars as much as the next guy, but strolling into someone's garage at night its absolutely crazy. Way over the line.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
That is so weird I would've dialed 911 right away in the Benz when I saw her! Its illegal to trespass in to some property and private property that is...

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Afterwards, my husband, who appeared pretty calm throughout the whole episode, except for the shovel he grabbed off the tool caddy, said it shook him up too. He acted non too put out so as not to freak me out more:)

I'm telling you folks, we grow them crazy in Utah!

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Well, I don't live in Utah, I live in Belgium, Europe. A quite civilized, prosperous and modern country, we like to think. The particular town I live in has about 40.000 inhabitants, and the crime rate is, well, five years ago a woman stabbed her husband, and he survived. That's about it.
I kid you not :)
Last week however, my wife and two (young) kids had just entered the car still in our garage, were seated, I was about to sit behind the steering wheel. While the garage door was opening, all of a sudden an approximately 30 year old guy, accompanied by two very young children was standing next to me (INSIDE MY GARAGE, the door had just opened) asking for money and food.
Scared the hell out of me. I asked them to wait outside, I quickly filled a bag with canned food, candy, gave him a 10 € note and asked him to never do that again. He looked like he understood, and apologized. Am I now considering to put an electric fence around the property? Yes I am.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,575 Posts
That would creep me out as well, especially at that time of the evening! Weird. I often have to remind myself that there are people out there that think nothing of doing things like that and for them it is no big deal. My wife and I are very private when it comes to our home and people sometimes pull up in front and take photos, I never want to be rude but you can't help but wonder, what if?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I would call the police. I probably would not have been as polite as you. I assure you hubby would not.

If you got any info off her car (license plate or description) I'd make a note. That is very odd behavior and I'd be suspicious.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Honestly, that's my concern too. I had my husband move the security/alarm placard to a more prominent place in front of the house and have sworn to set the house alarm every night. It is somewhat disconcerting though.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Set the house alarm during the day too. We had an incident at 2 in the afternoon recently. Broad daylight! --Good reason to use "stay" mode to have the alarm on even if you're home.

They entered the garage somehow, but the alarm went off before they were able to find keys, etc. Saved our G and probably a lot of stuff. SO worth it. I wonder how we lived without one.

Earlier that week, a car full of 20-yr-olds (approx) had been seen running around our (cul-de-sac) neighborhood...

Oh, and we are replacing our light, airy curtain on the garage window with another one that prevents anyone looking into our garage. I think that's better than covering up the car so you don't get to look at it.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's good advice about using the stay mode during the day. Thank you. I'm glad that everything turned out alright with you and especially glad no one got hurt and property not stollen. This is the downside of owning these cars...one aspect of ownership that I never considered.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
call the police to report the incident. they should do more patrol in the area.

get security cams and set up text alerts in addition to the house alarm. use window locks on all doors and windows.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,575 Posts
I think they were to obvious to be casing the place.
I just ordered some day/night wireless cams for my gates. They feed to my PC..
It will give me a little extra comfort.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I think they were to obvious to be casing the place.
I just ordered some day/night wireless cams for my gates. They feed to my PC..
It will give me a little extra comfort.
My late wife would never consider buying a home -- no matter how nice it was -- if the garage faced the street. She was a neat nut and didn't want any passers by to see what little garage clutter she allowed. I guess that's a good policy if you own a Lambo.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Happens to me all the time..its gotten to the point that as soon as I pull into the garage ive been hitting the remote to shut the door...I know what you mean when someone has been standing there as soon as you open the door..startling!

·
Registered
507 Posts
EYEDOC.....it is time to do a major upgrade of your security system!!!! Please do not take this incident lightly. You have worked too hard and sacrificed too much to be complacent!! The safety of you & your family has been compromised and must be reestablished. Innocent things are not alwyas innocent.

·
Banned
50 Posts
EYEDOC.....it is time to do a major upgrade of your security system!!!! Please do not take this incident lightly. You have worked too hard and sacrificed too much to be complacent!! The safety of you & your family has been compromised and must be reestablished. Innocent things are not alwyas innocent.
I agree... you need to upgrade your security system.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts