Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's only been 1 week since i put in my order for the Huracan EVO... actually not even that long. Those who had to wait for their special order, how do you fill the time? I find myself watching all the videos, reading up all the reviews, just obsessing. Mid-July feels like an eternity from now!

(not sure if this was the right place to post this, sorry in advance!)

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,883 Posts
Mine took over 7 months and after I placed it I just tried to forget about it, but that is not easy. I didn't really start going nuts till it was down to about 4 weeks out, then I started buying things for it. I bought lots of little gadgets and carbon fiber pieces, clean the garage and stuff like that. This forum was a huge help. It always to have others sharing the same excitement. Mid July is right around the corner.

·
Registered
2021 Huracan Evo RWD Spyder (ordered, April 2021 delivery)
177 Posts
I wasted a week stalking all the PS5 restocks until I finally got one at Target... Watched a lot of YouTube car videos...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Congratulations. I agree with Russ in that my patience seemed to change in different phases. Similar to you, I was so excited a week or so out, but eventually I came back down to Earth. The worst period for me was the last 4 - 6 weeks. At that point, the car was fabricated and was literally inching its way to me.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,095 Posts
Patience is a virtue........I know that sounds like BS to me as well. :rolleyes: I wasn't willing to wait 5 to 7 months so what I did, I heard the Charlotte Dealership was getting three 2021 EVOs in December so I called early November and they sent me the Spec sheets and I picked the one I wanted. Said EVO arrived at the dealership in December and the rest is history. So my wait was a little over a month.
If you are going to do a PPF I would ferret out a good installer and avoid the dealership installer. It's axiomatic that dealership installers do a subpar job but, then again, they make up for it by overcharging.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input here, at least now I have something to keep me busy. Looking for the insurance for my scenario - I live in a condo I own in SF. Apparently a lot of these specialty insurance companies require "four private walls + lock and key" around my new vehicle. We have a private parking structure underneath our building, as do most places in SF where dedicated parking comes at a premium. Any thoughts or advice here? I find it odd that there isn't an option for those of us that live in a city and likely have the same type of parking type.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,095 Posts
Have you tried looking for a garage space to rent that is both reasonably close to your condo and reasonably priced. Though, reasonably priced and SF don't go together all that well. My wife and I lived in SF for 4 years in the early 80s.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you tried looking for a garage space to rent that is both reasonably close to your condo and reasonably priced. Though, reasonably priced and SF don't go together all that well. My wife lived in SF for 4 years in the early 80s.
While there are plenty of spots to rent, they're all the same as what I currently have. I haven't yet seen many options that are "4 walls with lock and key", unless perhaps I rent someone's single car garage? But that's not really ideal considering I have my own parking downstairs, which is most definitely more secure considering my building + area I live in. But I suppose I should keep an open mind.

Alternatively - I can keep it at my GF parents house in Los Gatos, but that's even less ideal for all the reasons you can think.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,883 Posts
While there are plenty of spots to rent, they're all the same as what I currently have. I haven't yet seen many options that are "4 walls with lock and key", unless perhaps I rent someone's single car garage? But that's not really ideal considering I have my own parking downstairs, which is most definitely more secure considering my building + area I live in. But I suppose I should keep an open mind.

Alternatively - I can keep it at my GF parents house in Los Gatos, but that's even less ideal for all the reasons you can think.
I couldn't stand not having my car at my home where I live. You need to find an insurance company that will take care of you and treat you fairly given you parking conditions. You don't want you car at a remote location. Sometimes you just like to look at it, but it needs to be where you are. If you haven't already give State Farm a shot. Good luck

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,095 Posts
@scriptgeeky, agree, option B is not just less desirable but, in fact, completely undesirable. That could go sideways quite easily..........

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I peek in my garage and say goodnight to my H before turning on the alarm and going to sleep. It's a habit.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Congrats. Time willl slooow doooowwnnn. Tic toc

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,095 Posts
I wonder if there is a vaccine for the dreaded Lamborghini anticipation......if not something needs to be done otherwise we will lose to many good people.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
It gets better after a few cars.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts