Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Nice write up and good to see you using it.

With regards the trickle charger, I had to wire it direct to the battery as if you are planning on using the battery isolator during the winter months, the trickle charger won't charge the battery. This I think is unique to Lamborghini as my other cars work fine if isolating!

Tips - Don't reverse without a banksman and tell her to watch those nails on the leatherwork! :)

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
Congratulations and Great write up! I think you would comfortably be placed under the heading of Lamborghini enthusiast. I am sure the forums technically savvy members will chime in with advice and suggestions. Enjoy and Best of Luck!

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I had decided I wanted to try a V12 Lamborghini , in manual
I had done a deal on a manual Murci (pre LP with kit on), but then it fell through, which I was happy about after realising I wanted roadster really, because I loved the open top life in the Atom

View attachment 298335

SO I was left hunting for a Murci Roadster manual, or Diablo - I wanted Diablo really, as I figured older is cooler?! and I wanted the hard top and not the cloth on the Murci.

Again, like with the Gallardo it seems, I was luckily enough to be in the right place at the right time with the Diablo Roaster, happened to be able to grab it when it popped up.
It was first sold by Appreciating Classics: A Beautiful UK Lamborghini Diablo Roadster VT - Very Low Mileage! then it went to Redline, which I think some people here will recognise it from
View attachment 298336

The car was a one owner vehicle, the power of the internet shows me pictures of his house after he passed

View attachment 298337

Also that he had a place in Monaco too
View attachment 298338

I wonder if the car was kept over there, or here - I have the email and address for his Wife, who sold the car, would it be too weird to reach out to her for some more information on the vehicle?

Anyway, as soon as the car got delivered , it was straight off to Goodwood Festival Of Speed, 90s convoy!
View attachment 298339

View attachment 298340

Old vs new
View attachment 298341

I've spent the past couple hours reading through the forum posts here, very helpful information, looking forward to being a more active member.
I have a feeling I'll be needing the technical help section more than with the previous models!

I don't want to mess with the car, or anything I do change I will at least keep the originals.

I want to change the gearknob to a metal one like my Gallardo

View attachment 298342

Can this style just be unscrewed & a 6.0 or SV one simply replace it?
Same with the steering wheel, prefer the 6.0 look.

The exhaust pipes on mine come out of the car horizontally, I've seen the earlier cars I think where they come up out of the bumper at 45degrees, is that something I can change?
Mine are corroded anyway inside the tips, I have the sports exhaust with the air powered valves, any complications with just blocking off that pipe? Car would be louder at the lower throttle points? (That's how I seem to think it's controlled anyway.)

Reversing cam would be good, I'm ashamed to admit I have already touched a post in the centre of a parking spot I didn't see.
A flip out single din andriod unit with google maps seems a good option, unless peeople have other suggestions?

Any general things I should be doing / not doing with the car? Owners real life tips greatly received.

Trickle charger installation for winter? Straight onto the battery in the arch somehow, or do people wire in an extension lead to the engine bay?

Passenger window not closing fully on door close with the roof on, regulator adjustment / lubrication?

Hoping to keep the car a long time, and in the condition it has been its whole life by the looks of it.
Going in next week to the bodyshop to get the couple little scratches sorted, and wheels re glosses as some slight lacquer peel, and new original tyres fitted

Thanks a lot
The best way to reach out to the widow/wife is to write a hand written note, with a photo of you and your relatives around the vehicle. Ask her politely the questions related to the car and perhaps contacts of people that touched the car(mechanics, etc).

awesome car!

good luck!

·
Registered
Diablo SV 1997
61 Posts
Nice one Matt, what a great car. Just replied back to your PM. I know a ex-Lambo tech (who probably knows your car) and he has some brand new tailpipes.

·
Registered
1994 Diablo VT
111 Posts
That could be very interesting, would that be the ones that exit horizontally, or at 45degrees?

Yes that is correct, what does that tell me?

Looking around for tyres at the moment, with the fronts being unavailable from Pirelli, and Michelin not making a matched set, I'm wondering what route to take..
I had the same problem. Ended up going with the mismatched Michelins as that was pretty much the only choice at the time.

Todd

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nice! Since you've actually owned and driven all of those - how would you compare the diablo in terms of rawness and excitement when driving? I've heard a lot of good things about the performante and am tempted to get one at some point...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice one- nice car! National kit car show this weekend 28th and 29th August, Stoneleigh Warwickshire if you fancy a day out? Would be nice to see a real Diablo amoungst the replicas that will be there all weekend.......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.