Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter #1
Effective 10 March the mask mandate in Texas will be lifted and business will be allowed to operate at full capacity. I think the wife and I will still be cautious but we are exhausted by the oppressive restrictions to date. Fortunately, the wife and I have received both vaccine doses but it probably would be prudent to continue to wear a mask if you have pre-existing conditions especially if you have not received the vaccine yet.
Opinions?

Reactions: 1Turbo and REKIII

Premium Member
To each their own. This is what I wear.

Reactions: Lambo2018 and DXM31

Registered
I think this is awesome news, I think it should go country-wide.
Note, there isn't anything in there that says you CANT wear masks. If you still feel unsafe, then you are free to stay home, wear masks, social distance etc.
It's been my opinion from the beginning that this is how it should be. But I'm the a-hole if I say this. ;)

Registered
Countrywide would be awesome but of course we have to play the political game. Similar to the one the governor of Cali has been doing.

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter #6
Reactions: REKIII

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter #7
I think this is awesome news, I think it should go country-wide.
Note, there isn't anything in there that says you CANT wear masks. If you still feel unsafe, then you are free to stay home, wear masks, social distance etc.
It's been my opinion from the beginning that this is how it should be. But I'm the a-hole if I say this. ;)
Thanks and great points. I think it would still be appropriate for people to proceed with some degree of caution especially for those that have not received the vaccine. Though, I may be an a-hole as well because I prefer mask use not to be government mandated.

Countrywide would be awesome but of course we have to play the political game. Similar to the one the governor of Cali has been doing.
Not to be prejudice but I feel politicians are "Children of a Lesser God". Many would sell their mother for a few more votes..........or even one more vote.

Reactions: REKIII

Registered
Thanks and great points. I think it would still be appropriate for people to proceed with some degree of caution especially for those that have not received the vaccine. Though, I may be an a-hole as well because I prefer mask use not to be government mandated.
YES YES 100% YES!!!! That is all any of us are saying, wear a mask as much as you want, I allow any of my employees to work from home so they feel as safe as they need to be, but let us make our own choices. Don't force this crap onto us. Take care of yourself to the level you feel you need to, don't wait for the government to force me to take care of you.

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter #9
YES YES 100% YES!!!! That is all any of us are saying, wear a mask as much as you want, I allow any of my employees to work from home so they feel as safe as they need to be, but let us make our own choices. Don't force this crap onto us. Take care of yourself to the level you feel you need to, don't wait for the government to force me to take care of you.
Well said my friend!

Reactions: Russk

Premium Member
Politicians, our fearless public servants. So many possible solutions to our most pressing political corruption issues...

Term limits, limit politician and staff salaries to the national average wage, provide the same benefits that the rest of us receive (medicare, medicaid, etc) instead of their premium pension and healthcare programs, restrict their ability to profit from their public responsibilities (blind trusts for their personal assets during their "service" period), Would it be insensitive to just call it their period?

How has it become that the most powerful private citizens, including CEOs of the largest and most successful companies in the world, cower in front of these public servants?

Years ago business owners were fearful of the Mafia coming in and shaking them down. Now, our government has assumed that role.

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
So I guess we will all see how this plays out for Texas, and if it works then let's hope others follow. I am all for choice not mandates.

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter #12
Funny, how is it that politicians become multi millionaires on a government salary? Just lucky I guess.:rolleyes:

Registered
Funny, how is it that politicians become multi millionaires on a government salary? Just lucky I guess.:rolleyes:
Like a certain president that went into the white house w/ a decent amount of money but walked out a multi millionaire?? Funny how those things work out. We all know I'm not referring to President Trump that man was already set. 馃槻

Agreed Gents... when Government tells you wear a mask and look out for the other people. Yet they're not saying a peep at smoking, drinking, drugs (heroin...etc)... No.... instead they push it and well in San Fran they have areas for distributing needles to assist the ones needing to get that "fix". Best part distribute this on OUR TAX DOLLAR!

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter #14
@toymr2trd, don't get me started on SF the wife and I lived there for a while in the early 80s and absolutely loved it but now it is out of control. Ever since we left we would go back a couple of times every year and noticed a downward spiral........sad because it was a gem of city. With the advent of Prop 47 any theft less than $950 is a misdemeanor.........shoplifters haven and heaven.

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter #16
It is your choice to wear a face mask whenever you go outside.
Absolutely correct, in fact, even though my wife and I have been vaccinated we will be selective regarding when we go without a mask over the next couple of months. Hopefully the vaccine will provide some protection for the newly mutated variants of the virus.

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter #17
After the car show today my wife went out to eat, and we went to downtown Austin to several department stores. At the restaurant they are going to continue to require masks and the same is the case with Nordstroms and Neiman Marcus. At our local HEB they are not going to require masks for the shoppers but they state it's strongly encouraged. It appears that many business will continue to require masks but at least it won't be a crime. In one county in Texas the fine is $1000......ouch!

Registered
My FORMER home State is INSANE 馃が I wouldn't live there for FREE. I predict they will Lose a HR seat post Census. In 2010 they did NOT gain a Seat for the 1st time Ever 馃ぃ
Look @ Boise/Eagle Idaho. The Hottest RE Market in the US. My Brother moved there 2 Months ago and Loves it. A true "RED" State I plan on visiting in June/July. May purchase a Summer retreat Home there.

Registered
Effective 10 March the mask mandate in Texas will be lifted and business will be allowed to operate at full capacity. I think the wife and I will still be cautious but we are exhausted by the oppressive restrictions to date. Fortunately, the wife and I have received both vaccine doses but it probably would be prudent to continue to wear a mask if you have pre-existing conditions especially if you have not received the vaccine yet.
Opinions?

Don't Mess with Texas 馃槑

Registered
Politicians, our fearless public servants. So many possible solutions to our most pressing political corruption issues...

Term limits, limit politician and staff salaries to the national average wage, provide the same benefits that the rest of us receive (medicare, medicaid, etc) instead of their premium pension and healthcare programs, restrict their ability to profit from their public responsibilities (blind trusts for their personal assets during their "service" period), Would it be insensitive to just call it their period?

How has it become that the most powerful private citizens, including CEOs of the largest and most successful companies in the world, cower in front of these public servants?

Years ago business owners were fearful of the Mafia coming in and shaking them down. Now, our government has assumed that role.
The House had a Vote on Term Limits when WE took it back from the DIMS. Contract With America. Guess which Party overwhelmingly Voted NO !

1 - 20 of 26 Posts