Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tesla surpassed a market value of $1 trillion on Monday, making it the fifth such firm to reach the milestone.

Previously only Apple, Microsoft, Amazon and Google-owner Alphabet have reached a $1tn valuation.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
WELP, wishing I hadn’t sold my Tesla stock at 650/share a few months ago. Just looked and it’s valued at over 1,000/share now… gulp
Tesla's making waves in the stock market. Don't worry it will keep on rising if you ever decide to get them again. I predicted Holly Holm will KO Ronda Rousey and she did.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Tesla hits a trillion dollars for an order of 100,000 of cars which is 1% of toyota's yearly output. I don't think I've seen a stock make less sense than Tesla or a car more overhyped.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Tesla hits a trillion dollars for an order of 100,000 of cars which is 1% of toyota's yearly output. I don't think I've seen a stock make less sense than Tesla or a car more overhyped.
I agree with you 100%. Tesla stock value has never made sense to me. Just Goggled their global market share and it was 0.8% for 2020. US market share for 2020 was an around 2%. They are worth more than the top 5 manufacturers put together. Infographic: Tesla's Market Cap Dwarfs Automobile Giants

Someone might argue those stats a bit, but you get the point. Tiny company making 3 models and they are worth more than twice their closest competitor.

A few years ago they almost filed for bankruptcy because they not could complete cars fast enough to pay their debts and buy materials. Elon Musk says Tesla was 'about a month' from bankruptcy during Model 3 ramp

I hear they are involved in all sorts of electric infrastructure ventures, but still. You would think they were the only company capable of building an electric car and that they patented the battery.

People absolutely love their Teslas, but WTF......

·
Registered
183 Posts
I agree with you 100%. Tesla stock value has never made sense to me. Just Goggled their global market share and it was 0.8% for 2020. US market share for 2020 was an around 2%. They are worth more than the top 5 manufacturers put together. Infographic: Tesla's Market Cap Dwarfs Automobile Giants

Someone might argue those stats a bit, but you get the point. Tiny company making 3 models and they are worth more than twice their closest competitor.

A few years ago they almost filed for bankruptcy because they not could complete cars fast enough to pay their debts and buy materials. Elon Musk says Tesla was 'about a month' from bankruptcy during Model 3 ramp

I hear they are involved in all sorts of electric infrastructure ventures, but still. You would think they were the only company capable of building an electric car and that they patented the battery.

I enjoy the car but the quality is absolutely terrible. The plaid has incredible specs, but I can't justify spending 6 figures on a vehicle that has the build quality of a fiat. Tesla has gone a lot more mainstream, but the supporters are insane. It's basically a cult.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Things are looking up, Tesla opened a new Gigafactory in Berlin this month. Tesla is a revolutionary company like Apple.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Afk49, You are the first person I have heard complain of build quality. Really surprised by that. Most owners I know seem to think they are the best thing in the world.

Billionaires, Musk threw a 9000 person rave and you think things are looking up? Cult activities if you ask me! Don't drink the Kool-aide if you go to a Tesla event ;)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Afk49, You are the first person I have heard complain of build quality. Really surprised by that. Most owners I know seem to think they are the best thing in the world.

Billionaires, Musk threw a 9000 person rave and you think things are looking up? Cult activities if you ask me! Don't drink the Kool-aide if you go to a Tesla event ;)
Surprised that I am the first you heard complain or surprised about the complaint itself? Tesla's build issues are pretty well documented.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Things are looking up, Tesla opened a new Gigafactory in Berlin this month. Tesla is a revolutionary company like Apple.
I personally disagree. This isn't a computer situation where we basically only have windows or mac OS as choices for our operating system (with apple essentially having a monopoly on computers with mac OS). Tesla really brought EVs to the forefront and made them mainstream, but with the shift to EVs occurring so quickly, other manufacturers will match and surpass them sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I personally disagree. This isn't a computer situation where we basically only have windows or mac OS as choices for our operating system (with apple essentially having a monopoly on computers with mac OS). Tesla really brought EVs to the forefront and made them mainstream, but with the shift to EVs occurring so quickly, other manufacturers will match and surpass them sooner rather than later.
Mac OS doesn't have a monopoly. The market share is:
PlatformShare
Windows87.56%
Mac OS9.54%

·
Registered
183 Posts
Mac OS doesn't have a monopoly. The market share is:
PlatformShare
Windows87.56%
Mac OS9.54%
A monopoly on computers with mac os operating system. Not a monopoly on the operating system market in general.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Surprised that I am the first you heard complain or surprised about the complaint itself? Tesla's build issues are pretty well documented.
The few people I know who have them are absolutely fanatical about how great they are. I did not know there were build issues. The way people talk, the fact they have issues surprises me. I am not a Tesla fan, so I never looked into their quality.

Why on earth is that company valued so high?.....

·
Registered
183 Posts
Isn’t that like saying GM has a monopoly on the Chevrolet market? I’m lost.
This would be if there were only 2 companies that built engines and one of them can be found in a multitude of manufacturers, meanwhile the other engine is only found in cars made by the engine company, if that makes sense.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The few people I know who have them are absolutely fanatical about how great they are. I did not know there were build issues. The way people talk, the fact they have issues surprises me. I am not a Tesla fan, so I never looked into their quality.

Why on earth is that company valued so high?.....
I bought my model 3 performance back in 2019 and have had a grocery list worth of issues. Door trim misaligned, pillars misaligned, paint peeling, steering column installed incorrectly, faulty oil pump, incorrectly installed side view mirror, faulty window seals, headlights misaligned, 12v battery failure, etc. The build issues are well documented, but many tesla fanatics blow them all off. The tesla forums are probably the funniest thing I've seen. People will ask about issues they have with the car and forum members will accuse them of lying about their issues in order to "hurt the brand." It's quite disturbing.

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
This would be if there were only 2 companies that built engines and one of them can be found in a multitude of manufacturers, meanwhile the other engine is only found in cars made by the engine company, if that makes sense.
I see the angle. I'd prefer to be the former rather than the latter.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts