Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Thinking of upgrading my entertainment system and came across this on Alibaba...

Has anyone had experience with it? It seems to replace the climate control module and other switches altogether...

Secretly hoping someone will buy one and report back :censored:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I’ve already got something similar in... was wanting to know about these units which seem to replace half the instrument cluster in the centre console...
Did you see the picture?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yeah, I’ve already got something similar in... was wanting to know about these units which seem to replace half the instrument cluster in the centre console...
Did you see the picture?
Where in Aus are you?

Yes. These units aren't new. You can find them on Aliexpress for most major luxury car models.

There was a recent thread discussing these too.

On the Maserati forum I frequent, someone installed one - they decided not to review it because, I suspect, it's not good enough quality - mainly to do with the surround not matching the OEM trim in colour/style.

Personally, I wouldn't do this to my Gallardo for the following reasons:

1. The small screen on the go-to Chinese unit does as much as this taller screen, mainly due to width restrictions on the bigger screen.

2. The row of chrome switches will have to be removed - one of the best interior design elements in the Gallardo - and it's questionable if this screen would replicate the functions of those buttons - fuel cap, windows, lights, etc.... if not, what do you do then?

3. The AC functionality is harder to operate with touchscreens. Physical buttons are much easier - can be operated without looking. And I am not sure if every function is fully supported - like the automatic selection of vents and activation of seat warmers.

4. The brightness of a big screen might be an issue at night - I prefer ambience, not a light globe right next to me in the dark...

5. The top part of that setup doesn't look like it fits well. It sticks out. All the product photos on these are photoshopped I think so it's very hard to judge this. They all show the same Bentleigh picture no matter what model car they are purporting to fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts