Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Starts in Great Britain, Stops All Over The World
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This week We were looking back at some old EBC Brake photos and brochures from 'days gone by' which then got us talking about the first vehicles we all owned (some of these can be seen in our new 'Taking a Break' YouTube series Taking a Brake with the EBC Team | Episode 1: Group CEO, James Hallett - YouTube

So, the question We have is what was the first vehicle you owned and what was so special or, not so special about it?
Was there anything 'quirky' about it? Did it have a name? Did you do any special upgrades to it?

We would love to see photos of your first vehicle and will be sending some free EBC goodies (Cap, Mug, Pen, Lanyard, you know the sort of things!) to a randomly selected forum user.

Get searching for those old photos in those attics/lofts/garages/under parent's beds or just on your phone or computer if you are from the younger generation.

We can't wait to see what you all used to drive, and I am sure occasionally push!

My first car was a Renault GT Turbo Raider with the colour coded wheels. No real modifications to be done so kept it standard, which in those days was more than enough. I wish I still had it as it would have made me a small fortune......

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,388 Posts
My first was a 1939 Packard. Wish I still had it.

Reactions: EBC Brakes UK

·
Registered
2017 Lamborghini Huracan LP 580-2
84 Posts
My first car was a 1993 Dodge Intrepid sedan. I tinted the windows and spent all my money on audio systems and colored LEDs under the seats. Dad and I got so good at swapping out the transmission that by the time we installed the fourth one we did it in under four hours in the driveway, I then drove it around the block to make sure it would drive, and proceeded to sell it the very next day :p [the transmission pic below is for transmission #2 which took two days to swap out].

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My first car was a 1993 Dodge Intrepid sedan. I tinted the windows and spent all my money on audio systems and colored LEDs under the seats. Dad and I got so good at swapping out the transmission that by the time we installed the fourth one we did it in under four hours in the driveway, I then drove it around the block to make sure it would drive, and proceeded to sell it the very next day :p [the transmission pic below is for transmission #2 which took two days to swap out].

View attachment 294346

View attachment 294347
Great story and photos, We love a photo showing people's older cars being worked on. If you fancy a couple of free gifts for that, send a PM with your address.

·
Registered
580 Posts
My first car was a hand me down, that I shared with my brother.

it was a 1979 VW Rabbit. Complete rust bucket. No brakes. Rode the ebrake going to college everyday. When ever it rained, our feet would get wet from the gapping holes in the floor.

similar to this car, but rusted out. What a chick magnet!

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My first car was a hand me down, that I shared with my brother.

it was a 1979 VW Rabbit. Complete rust bucket. No brakes. Rode the ebrake going to college everyday. When ever it rained, our feet would get wet from the gapping holes in the floor.

similar to this car, but rusted out. What a chick magnet!

View attachment 294386
What a machine...:cool:

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to those who have participated, It's great to hear your memories.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts