Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks just got my car wrapped with a matt finish and would love to know what everyone routine from start to finish to clean her? Considering mine is a wrap I would imagine you all with the OEM with heaps more expensive matt would have the best experience on how to keep the look for hopefully years to come. Thanks you all for any advice!

Some pics of my Evo RWD wrap

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Grille

Wheel Tire Grille Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
156 Posts
I can only speak to caring for matte paint.
1) specialty soaps for matte paint only. Standard ones tend to have wax or gloss additives which are obviously going to cause a problem for matte finish.
2) goodbye wax and polishes. And of equal importance pitch any microfiber towels that were used with them, because wax doesn’t wash out well
3) spotting after washing. Not a huge issue when you could just touch up with a final touch spray polish… but matte cars require a very gentle but thorough drying to remove all water before it can spot. So wash in the shade if possible to give yourself some extra dry time. Use an air blower to get most of the water off without touching surface and out of crevices. And be mindful of your water source. Ideally filtered water, but definitely no salt/soft water (for homes with water softeners), it leaves a more visible residue on matte paint.
4) Be gentle. Do not karate kid (think hand circles wax on wax off) your car when washing or drying. A soap gun will help eliminate a lot of the need to rub the car down.
5) tire shine… that spray stuff is like glitter… gets everywhere. Use the gel version on a tire sponge and wipe it on. Will keep you from getting stray spots on your fenders.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
^^ Great write up. Only thing I do different is I never swipe or use any kind of circular motion when drying. I always "blot" dry the car with an XL micro fiber towel. This way I feel I'm avoiding any small micro type scratches by keeping swiped/circular towel friction to a minimum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts