Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
HI Glumpy... In my humble perspective all these sound crazy nice, so "sounds better" is completely subjective. Form your own opinion, and don't be too swayed by what others think. Kinda like what's the best color, or do acoustic or electric guitars sound better, it really is up to you. I don't know what exhaust was on my 03 Murci, but it was VERY loud and I loved it.

When you're buying your dream car, I would advise against settling or, unless you're extremely handy, bottom fishing. Of course we all have budget constraints, and you want to be smart about it, but most that are below market are that way for a reason. Maintenance/repair on these things gets pricy in a hurry, and the last thing anyone wants is their dream car turning into a nightmare. Buy the nicest one you can afford, and if a V12 with doors that go up is important, then save a little longer.

We all know how excruciating the hunt can seem at times, but the right car will find you, and when it does, OMG! :)

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
So I've been shopping for a Gallardo for the better part of 6 months. The whole time a bit begrudgingly because ACTUALLY want a Murcielago.

Someone tell me its better to get a gallardo at this price point than it would be to buy this :ROFLMAO:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/...oTempest&utm_medium=TRP&utm_campaign=atempest
I would absolutely purchase the Murci. The doors going up and the bat wings puffing out is something to cherish, not too mention the 12 cylinders.
Also, from an investment perspective, I think the price of Murci’s have bottomed out. Plus, the production numbers are low relative to gallardos.

put in an offer for $5K LESS than what’s being asked. You’ll get it, since you’re not a desperate buyer. Heck I would try to offer$10k less.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,499 Posts
I agree with AngelofMurci. Once you set your sights on a Murci you will never be satisfied with a Gallardo.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
So I've been shopping for a Gallardo for the better part of 6 months. The whole time a bit begrudgingly because ACTUALLY want a Murcielago.

Someone tell me its better to get a gallardo at this price point than it would be to buy this :ROFLMAO:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/...oTempest&utm_medium=TRP&utm_campaign=atempest
as Murciful stated, initial maintenance might be costly if the car isn’t sorted out.
Make sure you get a snap reading of clutch life left, if it needs a new clutch, work that into the negotiated price!

fyi, I did the same thing on my Murci. I did a full engine out service new everything... from egears to clutch to throw out bearings, starter, battery. Cost $14k but that was offset by me lowering the negotiated purchase price.

good luck!

·
Registered
358 Posts
I’d get the murci, only if it’s not a stretch in your budget. From what I’ve seen the Gallardo is hands down less costly to operate. The murcie has a lot more potentially costly maintenance items.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,584 Posts
With the assumption that you can afford either car (+maintenance) then get the car you want otherwise it will cost more in the long run especially if you have to take a loss on the sale of the Gallardo. Though, if you have to resort to creative finance to make it happen........Gallardo all day long.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I wish you luck with your decision.
My two cent comment:

From your opening post, IMO it seems you want a Murcie.
If you get the Gallardo, you will still be looking for a Murcie.

But if you get a Murcie, as other mention, find a well sorted car.
To my eyes, I see too many $40K repair/maintenance/make right posts after a purchase.

Again good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lots of good comments here so I thank you all for that!

It will for sure be a hard decision, as you've all said the doors going up, v12, bat wings, IS actually my childhood dream car. I am just terrified of buying a poorly kept one and ended up underwater. when maybe for the same money I could get a good condition Gallardo.

Ultimately my goal is lambo before 30 (i have a touch under a year left) and if i were to buy a Gallardo I would not see myself keeping it long. Mostly just a "box check" then save longer for later when maybe I buy my "perfect" car. (yellow, manual, murci)

Perhaps it is a dumb goal but i've had the goal since I was 12 and being so close I just have to make it happen.

Ill do what I'm good at and keep researching the murcies. I feel like in the past few month I've become QUITE familiar with gallardos haha. Maybe it is time to do the same for the murcielagos.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,584 Posts
@Glumpy3, many people on this forum could identify with that your dream of owning a Lamborghini but if you intend to go with the Gallardo just a heads up @Itsagoodday is selling a yellow Gallardo Spyder and you may want to talk with him. The car already has had a PPI and has 15K miles on it. Best of luck and happy hunting!
BTW, the hunt is half the fun..........enjoy!

·
Registered
319 Posts
@Lambo2018 Oh i have an eye on it haha. I check to see what gallardos are for sale many times a day. I'd say I know about 95% of all for sale gallardos currently

Car comes off consignment agreement the 10th. I am buying a H today or tomorrow. (just waiting for paperwork and lien release from bank from previous owner) .

If I had an 'easy' deal drop in my lap, I would make someone a very good deal on car.

Good points on my car

-Svc history through Lambo Newport. 15k mile service done.

-stock and unmolested except LOC exhaust (have orig) and sprint booster installed.

-Aftermarket audio w/ Pioneer AVH-4200 installed. Back up cam works. Bluetooth. Car play and andriod auto compatible. Driver replacements and custom sub in passanger foot well. This must have set back previous owner a good bit. For me, having blutooth audio in a car is a must

-Built in radar (not sure brand) Control mod is in sunglass compartment on left of lower console

-Additional hardwire for passport radar (you can see in lower dash). Just need to hook passort up by mirror. Power and control come from panel.

Car needs nothing but to be enjoyed.

LOVE to keep both since I am going to a H coupe. But am not going to keep 2 toys just yet. Maybe after kids go off to school ;)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Besides my sales pitch ;)

I will share some insight. I have a similar quandary that I answered for myself.

For what I was looking to spend on a 610, I could get into an Aventador for not much more. Staying out of the 12's and looking at 13-14-15, there are nice examples in the high 2's.

As much as I LOVE the idea of the AV, I know the difference in "predictable' cost of ownership between the two. For me it was important to not only look at the entry cost, but also what I expect it to cost to own and drive. PLUS what unexpected issues can arise. That made the choice for me and I chose to go 610.

I think the same comparison might be made when looking at potential costs of ownership between the two.

In the end, make the decision that is best for you. Just be comfortable with the 'unexpected' and enjoy!

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,486 Posts
Good thread. You did not mention what your intended purpose of the car is or how they fit you. Those are important. The former point: is this going to be a daily driver? If it is I might lean you toward the Gallardo. If it is more of a weekend and car show car, definitely the Murcialago. The latter point: I assume you have test driven both or at least sat in them long enough to get a sense of how they fit you. good luck.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
@DiabloClyde Its a fun car / Life goal car. My goal since i was about 12 was to own a lambo before 30 (only 9 months left!) lol. I dont know that I intend to keep my first lambo for a long time. almost just a box check.

But to be honest no. I have never sat in a Lamborghini in general :(, But I do intend to test drive and really get a feel for cars once I'm ready to buy. I worry that dealers, sellers, etc wont allow me to drive without financing secured. I am not worried about getting financing for a gallardo, the murcielago would def be a bit of a stretch. I get my bonus in my april pay check so then I will likely be full steam ahead for a purchase.

·
Registered
319 Posts
@DiabloClyde Its a fun car / Life goal car. My goal since i was about 12 was to own a lambo before 30 (only 9 months left!) lol. I dont know that I intend to keep my first lambo for a long time. almost just a box check.

But to be honest no. I have never sat in a Lamborghini in general :(, But I do intend to test drive and really get a feel for cars once I'm ready to buy. I worry that dealers, sellers, etc wont allow me to drive without financing secured. I am not worried about getting financing for a gallardo, the murcielago would def be a bit of a stretch. I get my bonus in my april pay check so then I will likely be full steam ahead for a purchase.
I dont think many dealers let people take out cars without proof of funds. "Test drives" work a little different on the exotic side, since most dealers are not going to be OK with driving the car anywhere close to what it's capabilities are. Very little chance of you getting 'feel' what the car is like to drive, other than a trip around the block and maybe down the highway for a second. Possibly look for an exotic car experience, or rent them for a day before making the decision.

Also, financing a gallardo may not be as 'easy' as a new(er) car. Just making sure you are aware that financing a car over 10 years old is a different set of rules and not as straight-forward. By all means it can be done. Just not as straight-forward.

Personally I bought mine without ever having driven one. Just knew it was what I wanted and was not disappointed.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts