Lamborghini Talk banner
61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Dealers should know by now how many slots (cars) they've received for the Tecnica, it's in LOOM. And allocations are not slots, allocation is just a confirmed build slot associated with the corresponding slot.

Why Miguel, who btw is the sales manager, would claim to call the factory to confirm an allocation or even a slot is beyond me. And the fact he asked for a $20k deposit and slot this guy at #23 is even more bizarre especially when there's customers in Canada giving only $10k deposits for the AV replacement.
I called it before they're getting a big wish list together when economic slow down happens in Canada they'll still have some buyers on it still after people drop out and they'll say "we secured an extra allocation just for you" or "you're not 7th on the list rather then 23rd".

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
I called it before they're getting a big wish list together when economic slow down happens in Canada they'll still have some buyers on it still after people drop out and they'll say "we secured an extra allocation just for you" or "you're not 7th on the list rather then 23rd".
Wish list fee should be $5k max. Hopefully the OP shows Miguel this thread, I doubt he cares but the guy deserves to be called out for feeding the OP BS and taking $20k.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Demand for supercars in Canada will fall as rates go up, RE plunges and the luxury tax kicks in.

Did you sign anything when you provided the deposit? What I would do is ask for the deposit back but tell your SA to call you if any allocations pop up. The Calgary dealership has really changed since the new ownership and I can't believe the BS they're peddling.
Demand for supercars in Canada will fall as rates go up, RE plunges and the luxury tax kicks in.

Did you sign anything when you provided the deposit? What I would do is ask for the deposit back but tell your SA to call you if any allocations pop up. The Calgary dealership has really changed since the new ownership and I can't believe the BS they're peddling.
whats re? Luxury tax will I believe kick in this September. I did sign one paper it was my build sheet. I can’t seem to upload it on here to show you guys it .
thanks for guidance though guys!
Contrary to what is being stated here, if you're just starting your relationship with the dealer and you really want the car, it's in your best interest to put the full deposit down. It's refundable up until you confirm your spec/order after receiving an allocation.

I also deal with Calgary Lamborghini (Grand Touring) and when I placed my order for an EVO RWD, I was told I was "sixth on the list" at the time of signing (w/ 30k deposit). I have no idea what happened to those ahead of me, but I received my allocation within 2 months and the car started production early May (confirmed via LOOM screenshot). They were honest and confident about getting me an RWD from the get go, but not an EVO as I was back and forth between the two. Total wait time since placing deposit has been 5 months so far.

Obviously, things are quite different with the Tecnica the last variation and waitlist being quite large, but I can assure you the dealership / SA is not doing anything funny and will not leave you in the dark. They know SEVERAL people will drop off that list and are just sitting on the spots for the flex.

Wanna buy an EVO RWD instead? 999k CAD .. 🤣
haha appreciate the reply !

·
Registered
24 Posts
My SA was calling Lambo about actual allocations that were hitting at the time. But to @Huracaan ‘s point why would an SA be calling Lambo to ask about getting a 23rd allocation that may or may not exist 12-24 months from now on a model that hasn’t even hit the road yet. That sounds like someone is lying through their teeth!
to clarify it was a manger who called Lambo not the sales advisor

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got a wonderful reply now by email in texts sales advisor , it does make me feel much better about my deposit. 20k is worth waiting for still if I get my car . No issues there for me

“To clarify your concern with regards to the delivery timeframe of your Tecnica, and as Miguel shared, we are confident that your allocation should deliver late fall/early winter 2023, with the outside target being 18 months. We do not enjoy disappointing our clients at any step so we try to be as realistic and transparent as we can when it comes to delivery expectations. Trust that as we receive updates, you will receive them as well.
So this is the email .
I hope having this in writing makes you more comfortable with our commitment to you. If you have any other questions or concerns, please reach out again.

Enjoy the rest of your day!”
I feel a lot better with my deposit

·
Registered
24 Posts
Miguel, is that you? 😂

And big difference when you're 6th on the list and 20th on the list for a car that will be much more limited than the EVO. Miguel is feeding this guy BS, calling the factory to confirm allocation? I mean seriously is this the crap SA's are pushing on new customers now?
Please check my last post I got a reply in email with a explanation ,

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
I got a wonderful reply now by email in texts sales advisor , it does make me feel much better about my deposit. 20k is worth waiting for still if I get my car . No issues there for me

“To clarify your concern with regards to the delivery timeframe of your Tecnica, and as Miguel shared, we are confident that your allocation should deliver late fall/early winter 2023, with the outside target being 18 months. We do not enjoy disappointing our clients at any step so we try to be as realistic and transparent as we can when it comes to delivery expectations. Trust that as we receive updates, you will receive them as well.
So this is the email .
I hope having this in writing makes you more comfortable with our commitment to you. If you have any other questions or concerns, please reach out again.

Enjoy the rest of your day!”
I feel a lot better with my deposit
If you feel like you're guaranteed a slot by all means keep your $20k in place but I'm still skeptical and they should only be asking for $5k. I would also ask for a LOOM screenshot (see below) which should have your name listed beside the the slot (order#) assigned to you if they're claiming your car will be delivered next year.

Font Gadget Display device Technology Electronic device

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Just for reference, I paid a 10K deposit, 5-10K is reasonable. I'm sure the dealer has way more orders than can be fulfilled at this point, anticipating orders be dropped as time goes on. I'm content staying on the list.

Slope Font Screenshot Rectangle Technology

·
Registered
50 Posts
Not doing anything funny? Well I guess lying isn't funny. Saying they called Lamborghini and told him they said they will get him a car and telling him they get 3 allocations a month? I would not trust a dealer that lies like this
Lol, exactly. If it was that easy, EVERY dealership/SA's would pick up the phone and make that call, lol! They are definitely being dishonest with you. I'd say 20-24 months is more like it for you. And I hear the Tecnica will be 2023 & 2024 only. Them getting 20-25 Tecnicas in 2 years )on a limited production car at that) is slim to none. But again, if you drop out, you definitely won't get the car, haha! So make your decision wisely!

V.

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
Please check my last post I got a reply in email with a explanation ,
That email means nothing. What would bother me is why did they lie to you? No way they called Lamborghini and get told they will make you a car and no way they know they will get 3 allocations a month. My dealership is pretty big and were lucky getting 1 sometimes two a month in the last year. Were even a month or two they got none

·
Registered
24 Posts
That email means nothing. What would bother me is why did they lie to you? No way they called Lamborghini and get told they will make you a car and no way they know they will get 3 allocations a month. My dealership is pretty big and were lucky getting 1 sometimes two a month in the last year. Were even a month or two they got none
😂

Sounds like me. I always offer to put more as deposit if they allow CC to be used. I was able to do $50K a few years back but now capped at $10K.
I put 20k on CC lol 🤓

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
I put 20k on CC lol 🤓
They maxed me at 5%. I'm pretty happy that I put down $35k, now when I pick up my $340k car between that and my trade in I need to come up with very little. And that $35k would of been sitting in an account making a measly 0.5%, thankfully am seeing a nice uptick in CD rates now. Go inflation!

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
I was at the TO launch event that Canada will receive around 75 cars which means Calgary will get anywhere from 15-20.

Btw, Miguel was at the launch as well so he should have updated info.

·
Registered
24 Posts
@Huracaan i got my loom validation.
I got it in writing I will be guaranteed a car.
also signed by Miguel , very confident he will perform. All huracan models are going to be the tecnica only for 2023 and 2024 maybe a few sto’s but the production line will be pushed and allocations will be easier to get. For anyone who is following the post, just a update from my Lamborghini Dealer.

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
What is Loom validation? Unless it has a build month or order submitted it means nothing. But seems they are increasing production so hopefully it works out for you

Reactions: Tony_tecnica

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
@Huracaan i got my loom validation.
I got it in writing I will be guaranteed a car.
also signed by Miguel , very confident he will perform. All huracan models are going to be the tecnica only for 2023 and 2024 maybe a few sto’s but the production line will be pushed and allocations will be easier to get. For anyone who is following the post, just a update from my Lamborghini Dealer.
Canadian dealers did receive allocation info at the Tecnica unveiling so he might have received his allocations which is why he's confirmed your order. Good luck and keep us posted.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts