Lamborghini Talk banner
41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
He said he will get 3 allocations per month at the is dealer and they build these cars in blocks of 5 . I think If my biggest question is, are people getting allocation now on that or do we need to wait for them to give the go ahead on the tecnica models .

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
What happens to all of us who gave a deposit then? 23 of us … I understand first 10 will get it but what about us with our deposit we gave…
Basically the dealer will make up some crap and try to put your deposit towards another car or refund your money.

There's no way a dealer especially a tiny dealer like Calgary should be taking a $20k deposit and putting you at the 20th+ spot. And there's no way this guy would know how many allocations they're receiving because allocations haven't been released yet. I know a few people dealing with Calgary who are still waiting for their STO's and they provided a deposit back in 2020 so honestly I would take every thing this guy says with a massive grain of salt.

Like I said in my earlier post, it's your money and if you think you have a chance for allocation by all means keep your $20k deposit in place. But if I were in your shoes and I provided a $20k deposit I would demand to be in the top 5 or take your money back.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
He said he will get 3 allocations per month at the is dealer and they build these cars in blocks of 5 . I think If my biggest question is, are people getting allocation now on that or do we need to wait for them to give the go ahead on the tecnica models .
This dealer could receive 3 allocations say in Jan and they might not receive another batch of allocations until April. It's not 3 allocations per month.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Basically the dealer will make up some crap and try to put your deposit towards another car or refund your money.

There's no way a dealer especially a tiny dealer like Calgary should be taking a $20k deposit and putting you at the 20th+ spot. And there's no way this guy would know how many allocations they're receiving because allocations haven't been released yet. I know a few people dealing with Calgary who are still waiting for their STO's and they provided a deposit back in 2020 so honestly I would take every thing this guy says with a massive grain of salt.

Like I said in my earlier post, it's your money and if you think you have a chance for allocation by all means keep your $20k deposit in place. But if I were in your shoes and I provided a $20k deposit I would demand to be in the top 5 or take your money back.
How can I go about to get my deposit back on this … I don’t want to wait two years still @ the end of the line .

·
Registered
2022 H EVO RWD on order
2,191 Posts
My SA said they were getting one allocation per month which sounded reasonable for a dealer like Atlanta. Well, as I mentioned, he forgot August was the shutdown and then in November they didn’t get one. No way your dealer will be averaging 3 per month on a forward going basis. And even at 2 per month, which I’d doubt, your 11-12 months from allocation plus 6 months for build and delivery. I’d have my mind set on 18-24 months and expect the latter.

·
Registered
24 Posts

I have no idea how I would go back in and ask for my money back but they weren’t super clear with me about this process .. and I’m surprised he’s taking peoples deposits if 10 would be the most they would get.. so I’ll see what happens When I go in. I paid on my visa as well.Pretty annoyed now . This cleared up a lot of my questions on a few posts.. wish the dealer was this open about how this works

·
Registered
24 Posts
My SA said they were getting one allocation per month which sounded reasonable for a dealer like Atlanta. Well, as I mentioned, he forgot August was the shutdown and then in November they didn’t get one. No way your dealer will be averaging 3 per month on a forward going basis. And even at 2 per month, which I’d doubt, your 11-12 months from allocation plus 6 months for build and delivery. I’d have my mind set on 18-24 months and expect the latter.
I’m okay with waiting 18 months for this car don’t feel it’s right to make someone wait 24 + months left in the dark on this .. ahhh first time buying a Lamborghini.. so much Learner from this site! 😅

·
Registered
2022 H EVO RWD on order
2,191 Posts
I’m okay with waiting 18 months for this car don’t feel it’s right to make someone wait 24 + months left in the dark on this .. ahhh first time buying a Lamborghini.. so much Learner from this site! 😅
The one thing that you could have going for you is buyers dropping off due to length of time, crappy economics, etc. I was able to move up one month due to restriction of sport seats late in 2021. I was flexible so it bumped me up.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Demand for supercars in Canada will fall as rates go up, RE plunges and the luxury tax kicks in.

Did you sign anything when you provided the deposit? What I would do is ask for the deposit back but tell your SA to call you if any allocations pop up. The Calgary dealership has really changed since the new ownership and I can't believe the BS they're peddling.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Contrary to what is being stated here, if you're just starting your relationship with the dealer and you really want the car, it's in your best interest to put the full deposit down. It's refundable up until you confirm your spec/order after receiving an allocation.

I also deal with Calgary Lamborghini (Grand Touring) and when I placed my order for an EVO RWD, I was told I was "sixth on the list" at the time of signing (w/ 30k deposit). I have no idea what happened to those ahead of me, but I received my allocation within 2 months and the car started production early May (confirmed via LOOM screenshot). They were honest and confident about getting me an RWD from the get go, but not an EVO as I was back and forth between the two. Total wait time since placing deposit has been 5 months so far.

Obviously, things are quite different with the Tecnica the last variation and waitlist being quite large, but I can assure you the dealership / SA is not doing anything funny and will not leave you in the dark. They know SEVERAL people will drop off that list and are just sitting on the spots for the flex.

Wanna buy an EVO RWD instead? 999k CAD .. 🤣

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Contrary to what is being stated here, if you're just starting your relationship with the dealer and you really want the car, it's in your best interest to put the full deposit down. It's refundable up until you confirm your spec/order after receiving an allocation.

I also deal with Calgary Lamborghini (Grand Touring) and when I placed my order for an EVO RWD, I was told I was "sixth on the list" at the time of signing (w/ 30k deposit). I have no idea what happened to those ahead of me, but I received my allocation within 2 months and the car started production early May (confirmed via LOOM screenshot). They were honest and confident about getting me an RWD from the get go, but not an EVO as I was back and forth between the two. Total wait time since placing deposit has been 5 months so far.

Obviously, things are quite different with the Tecnica the last variation and waitlist being quite large, but I can assure you the dealership / SA is not doing anything funny and will not leave you in the dark. They know SEVERAL people will drop off that list and are just sitting on the spots for the flex.

Wanna buy an EVO RWD instead? 999k CAD .. 🤣
Miguel, is that you? 😂

And big difference when you're 6th on the list and 20th on the list for a car that will be much more limited than the EVO. Miguel is feeding this guy BS, calling the factory to confirm allocation? I mean seriously is this the crap SA's are pushing on new customers now?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,062 Posts
I have no idea how I would go back in and ask for my money back but they weren’t super clear with me about this process .. and I’m surprised he’s taking peoples deposits if 10 would be the most they would get.. so I’ll see what happens When I go in. I paid on my visa as well.Pretty annoyed now . This cleared up a lot of my questions on a few posts.. wish the dealer was this open about how this works
You have simply changed your mind, the wait is just too long.

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
but I can assure you the dealership / SA is not doing anything funny and will not leave you in the dark.
Not doing anything funny? Well I guess lying isn't funny. Saying they called Lamborghini and told him they said they will get him a car and telling him they get 3 allocations a month? I would not trust a dealer that lies like this

Reactions: Vitveet

·
Registered
350 Posts
Not doing anything funny? Well I guess lying isn't funny. Saying they called Lamborghini and told him they said they will get him a car and telling him they get 3 allocations a month? I would not trust a dealer that lies like this
Calgary will normally get 15-20 H's a year, of all variants... Maybe a few more but nothing major. Dealer sounds very shady to me also. When I spoke to them about purchasing one they wouldn't give me anything in writing about a expected month just words over the phone saying june/July allocation.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Miguel, is that you? 😂

And big difference when you're 6th on the list and 20th on the list for a car that will be much more limited than the EVO. Miguel is feeding this guy BS, calling the factory to confirm allocation? I mean seriously is this the crap SA's are pushing on new customers now?
HA, sadly, my job is far less glamorous than selling Lambo's.

I was simply sharing my experience with the same dealer and the transparency I received during my purchase experience. 30k is a big deal for me too and I wouldn't have put it down at 6 on the list if they had not made me feel comfortable doing so. I did do my due diligence by talking to other purchasers beforehand of course. The supercar community here is small and you don't have to go far to get the info you need.

Someone educate me though - why does a dealer "calling lambo" sound so far fetched? Surely dealers have some sort of connection to the brand beyond that of a customer ... ?

·
Registered
2022 H EVO RWD on order
2,191 Posts

I was simply sharing my experience with the same dealer and the transparency I received during my purchase experience. 30k is a big deal for me too and I wouldn't have put it down at 6 on the list if they had not made me feel comfortable doing so. I did do my due diligence by talking to other purchasers beforehand of course. The supercar community here is small and you don't have to go far to get the info you need.

Someone educate me though - why does a dealer "calling lambo" sound so far fetched? Surely dealers have some sort of connection to the brand beyond that of a customer ... ?
My SA was calling Lambo about actual allocations that were hitting at the time. But to @Huracaan ‘s point why would an SA be calling Lambo to ask about getting a 23rd allocation that may or may not exist 12-24 months from now on a model that hasn’t even hit the road yet. That sounds like someone is lying through their teeth!

·
Registered
3,539 Posts

Dealers should know by now how many slots (cars) they've received for the Tecnica, it's in LOOM. And allocations are not slots, allocation is just a confirmed build slot associated with the corresponding slot.

Why Miguel, who btw is the sales manager, would claim to call the factory to confirm an allocation or even a slot is beyond me. And the fact he asked for a $20k deposit and slot this guy at #23 is even more bizarre especially when there's customers in Canada giving only $10k deposits for the AV replacement.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,062 Posts
Dealers should know by now how many slots (cars) they've received for the Tecnica, it's in LOOM. And allocations are not slots, allocation is just a confirmed build slot associated with the corresponding slot.

Why Miguel, who btw is the sales manager, would claim to call the factory to confirm an allocation or even a slot is beyond me. And the fact he asked for a $20k deposit and slot this guy at #23 is even more bizarre especially when there's customers in Canada giving only $10k deposits for the AV replacement.
The whole thing sounds screwy to me. I gave a $5k deposit and nothing more due until I get an actual allocation. That is fairly typical.

Reactions: Huracaan
41 - 60 of 88 Posts