Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have made a deposit for a Tecnica recently. Looks like dealer stopped taking deposits since then, so it will long time before an allocation will become available and probably for me Q4 of 23 delivery or longer I'd expect. I do have an order number and discussed msrp with dealer, but until order is pulled, delivered and paid for I assume nothing.

That said, I am thinking about picking up something else in the mean time. Obviously now is not a good time to buy, and with high demand and low supply, I do not expect prices to come down much if any at all, unless some major recession happens, just my uneducated opinion.

Personally leaning towards a Performante, spec'd close to what I would have, but for 50K over. Have not paid close attention to price history of the perf, but I'd assume this is probably 80K higher than what it would have been before this started. Additionally the perf would be 70-80K more than the Tecnica I spec'd at msrp. Part of me says wait for the allocation for the Tecnica, but since it could be 2 years from now, would like to enjoy something in the mean time without taking too big of a loss the the Tecnica does become available.

I am fortunate to have several other cars to enjoy and the perf would replace my R8 Competition. So do I need it, no, but I am sure the ownership experience would be so much better than the R8. Difference between the R8 and the perf would be 250K after it is all said and done.

Also, this would be my first Lamborghini. What is every doing in the mean time if you don't currently have an Evo or other varient?

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you have the funds to do it I say go for it. Yes the market is crazy right now but who knows when and if it will come down. 2 years is a long time. I am waiting on an STO but in ZERO rush as I have my 580-2 UGR spyder to keep me occupied for now.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Performante arguably a better car IMO (AWD, appearance, etc). Would be somewhat less exciting for you when the Tecinca arrives, already having a Performante. Nothing beats that first new Lamborghini experience. I’m kind of in the same boat, I could get an Aventador of some sort while waiting for my Av hybrid. I currently have Huracan and Urus, but I’ll wait in anticipation, making the Av hybrid that much sweeter.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The perf just looks so good. It will be a long wait, first world problems! I do agree it would be less exciting when the Tecnica arrives, and personally I enjoy RWD more.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,069 Posts
Performante arguably a better car IMO (AWD, appearance, etc). Would be somewhat less exciting for you when the Tecinca arrives, already having a Performante. Nothing beats that first new Lamborghini experience. I’m kind of in the same boat, I could get an Aventador of some sort while waiting for my Av hybrid. I currently have Huracan and Urus, but I’ll wait in anticipation, making the Av hybrid that much sweeter.
If I had a HP I would have zero interest in getting a Tecnica.

Reactions: fabo

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,705 Posts
The perf just looks so good. It will be a long wait, first world problems! I do agree it would be less exciting when the Tecnica arrives, and personally I enjoy RWD more.

View attachment 312727
Wow, that looks incredible. How many miles and any interior pictures?

·
Registered
165 Posts
How much are they asking for the Perf?

·
Registered
26 Posts
For what it's worth, I traded my 2018 Perf (Blu Nethuns coupe, $330k sticker, 11k miles) in January 2021 for 240k :cautious:
Crazy to see how much they've skyrocketed since then. It really was the best all around supercar.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,705 Posts
For what it's worth, I traded my 2018 Perf (Blu Nethuns coupe, $330k sticker, 11k miles) in January 2021 for 240k :cautious:
Well, don't feel to bad very few of us saw this now wildly inflated market coming.

Reactions: S.R

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Crazy to see how much they've skyrocketed since then. It really was the best all around supercar.

I bought my Perf (viola Pasifea) for $379k, sold it when pandemic hit for $279k, ouch. But, later that month I bought an Urus $25k under MSRP for $235k but sold it last November for $299k, so not all that bad. Got the '22 EVO RWD for 3% under MSRP.

The perf is the only car I truly regret selling.

Reactions: Lamborghinifam

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,705 Posts
The perf is the only car I truly regret selling.
I hear that quite often but the Performante predated my interest in the Lamborghini brand. It would have been nice to buy one new and personally spec it.

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
I hear that quite often but the Performante predated my interest in the Lamborghini brand. It would have been nice to buy one new and personally spec it.
I had tons of fun with my spec. My head wasn't on straight when I decided to sell.

I almost landed green with stitching and calipers
Wheel Tire Cloud Car Land vehicle
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Purple

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Grille

but finally made the build a little more conservative ...

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,705 Posts
^^Very sharp! I guess we all regret letting go of one sports car or another but, the way I look at, these cars are experiences not marriages. :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: tfenton02
1 - 20 of 95 Posts