Lamborghini Talk banner
61 - 80 of 139 Posts

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Exactly it is really a matter of demand rather than parts supply. yeah well that does contribute but it does not affect.

if you usually order 500 infotainment system for 500 cars in a quarter but the demand is 2000 in a quarter of course you will run into an issue of supplying parts. your usual supplier perhaps can't even produce that much, even if they exclusivly do production for you. most suppliers won't hire or even invest into a boarder production line because most of them are coming from lockdown and think the demand won't be that high going forward so why invest in something that takes from immediate profit and that might not be sustainable income.

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
In regards to producing as many cars as possible, that’s not what Andrea Baldi told me 🤷🏻

·
Registered
9 Posts
Even the Ferrari 296 is supposedly 'sold out' with dealers no longer accepting new names or deposits. Demand remains unusually high for new exotic cars. We can expect the same to happen with the Huracan and Aventador replacement.
However, when you factor in that dealers had been taking orders for 13 months (Jun 2021-Jul 2022) with essentially ZERO production/deliveries (just a handful to meet EU new car registration requirements to avoid certain EU regulations), the initial order books were closed, they will eventually re-open as I believe the 296 will be in production until at least 2027-2028

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think a lot of the demand can be explained by the feedback loop of inflation - people buy now thinking it'll be worth more later; whether that's to flip or keep with minimal depreciation, the result is the same. However a demand bubble pops when the market becomes saturated; looking at the 100+ EVO RWDs on sale online from 2.5 years of supposedly supply-chain constrained production, it feels like a painful lesson is about to be learned for people who think a Huracan is a financial asset. No question in my mind that plenty of Technicas will find their way to the used market and in combination with the EVO and performante, there will be a lot of slow-moving, barely used inventory.
Could be, but, once the Huracan replacement is confirmed to not be a V10 that might all change, especially if it is hybrid which is very likely...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Could be, but, once the Huracan replacement is confirmed to not be a V10 that might all change, especially if it is hybrid which is very likely...
Yes, I can't really say what will happen with certainty over the next 6 months, nevermind a couple years out. That said, prior to COVID, people were saying the 458 / 48 prices were converging as the last N/A would be more desirable but if anything, the delta between the two widened and the 488 is like 30-40k higher right now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, I can't really say what will happen with certainty over the next 6 months, nevermind a couple years out. That said, prior to COVID, people were saying the 458 / 48 prices were converging as the last N/A would be more desirable but if anything, the delta between the two widened and the 488 is like 30-40k higher right now.
The 458 on its own is quite a bit higher than a couple years ago. The 488 was on the decline, but, with the F8 being the absolute end of the era car (pre-hybrid), and is not remarkably different than the 488, that has pulled up 488 pricing as it is somewhat seen as being close to an F8 in many ways and F8s, about half as many on the market compared to the 488, are selling for a substantial price. The Huracans (and Aventadors) are end of the era cars, successors are hybrid. If Lamborghini has issues with the hybrid system (besides extra weight), it will certainly impact prior models in a positive way, but, like you said, that's not now, wait and see...

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Rosso Mars Huracan STO
17,252 Posts
I was told there might be a final edition H based on the Tecnica similar to the Ultimae.
Oh lord, that's all we need is one more Huracan. I can't wait.............. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Makes sense to restrict Tecnica. STO and Sterrato will have higher MSRPs, and given the difficulty sourcing the optional Carbon Fiber pieces that can drive the Tecnica prices up the margins are likely a lot lower.

If there were a final final final edition, would think it would be based on AWD Spyder as it has highest MSRP, and there hasn't been a "special" Spyder since the Performante.

61 - 80 of 139 Posts