Lamborghini Talk banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2022 H EVO RWD on order
2,194 Posts
You should be happy that you’re getting the latest model! If it was me, I’d be bummed if I got an Evo right before a new model came out…..
My EVO arrives in a couple of weeks. I was excited. 😢. For me your theory applies more in mass produced cars. I rarely see any Lambos anywhere so I could be given an older H and it would generate the same excitement as a Tecnica.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,660 Posts
Of course, but if it’s a matter of months, I rather get the new one than outgoing one….the latest available model would generally be my choice
Maybe, maybe not. There may be people that prefer the EVO over the Tecnica or vica versa. Plus most people are going to have to wait about a year to get their Tecnica and by that time the bubble probably will have likely burst. ;)
One other thing, the Tecnica is very nice but I wish they had adorned it with slightly larger wing.
The replacement will be faster, the question is how will it drive and sound.

Speed is good, but I'm trading my 992 TTS for a GT3 Touring because I'd rather have the feel and sound of a naturally aspirated engine.

Then, again, I still use tubes in my audio system - so maybe I'm just old school.
I get it, and I also am a fan of the NA engine and the engine symphony so, I intend to hold on to at least one my Huracans. Though, I have made my peace with the hybrid onslaught..........wheels of progress so to speak.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,660 Posts
Base increased slightly but base includes some extras aswell that isn’t included in evo base + newish design + extra hp
IMO, worth it
If I didn't already have a 2022 EVO RWD I would have tried to get a Tecnica allocation.

It's not a bad looking Huracan plus it has a NA engine and best of all NO GPF.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I was in the same boat a couple months ago. But dealer didn't even offer me the choice of the Tecnica as I didn't have an older Huracan to trade in on it. They offered me an AWD Spyder for $80k more. I wouldn't have taken the Tecnica as I don't personally like the styling and it would be about $40k more than my Evo build. It sucks. I wish Lambo would do another year of EVO or atleast offer Tecnica to new customers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Unless you don’t like the cosmetic changes offered by the Tecnica, I can’t see the downside?
This is the only reason I did not choose to purchase a Tecnica or the AWD. I don't like the front bumper and rear diffuser on the AWD. As for the Tecnica, I don't care for the wing, the oval-ish rear and the way they incorporated the black "Y" designs on the front. I do like the design of the exhaust tips though. It might grow on me in the future. As of now though, I much prefer the EVO RWD styling.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is the only reason I did not choose to purchase a Tecnica or the AWD. I don't like the front bumper and rear diffuser on the AWD. As for the Tecnica, I don't care for the wing, the oval-ish rear and the way they incorporated the black "Y" designs on the front. I do like the design of the exhaust tips though. It might grow on me in the future. As of now though, I much prefer the EVO RWD styling.
I don't think Lamborghini cares about what some of their customers think,

personally I think the Performante coupe was the best looking Huracan .....every other iteration seemed sort of unexciting when it came to styling until saw the STO and then the Tecnica! The Tecnica is not a Performante but it will do for the time being!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,660 Posts
Here is a picture of my EVO RWD and the rear design looks pretty similar to that of the Tecnica.

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yes,

Here is a picture of my EVO RWD and the rear design looks pretty similar to that of the Tecnica.
The only thing that bothers me is how the rear of the tecnica bulges out and then squishes inwards. Exposing the tire similar to the sto but in a less pleasing way. Rear has too much going on and reminds me of Kim K's diaper rear end as it's famously known.

Also I dislike the flat engine cover. Should of stuck to slanted if they wanted the performante style cover.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts