Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I was realllllllyyyyyyyy excited when I placed my deposit on a 22 or 23 evo rwd. It took me a long time to finally decide on the options and blue Le Mans paint. I was even more excited when about 2 months ago my SA called and told me my order was locked in and accepted by lambo. But now :( I just texted him to check on my order status and was told that I might have to get a Tecnica. I tried to convince him that I want a evo rwd and not a Tecnica he kept insisting that a lot of people would wish to get a Tecnica allocation. He claims that to even get a Tecnica allocation right now the dealership is forcing customers to buy a used huracan from the lot to give them a Tecnica slot. He claims that since my order was accepted I am grandfathered in and will get a Tecnica if I want but can’t get my evo rwd.

here is my question. Do you guys think tecnica is worth it? Or should I try to call Lamborghini and complain and try to strong arm a evo rwd allocation be kept. Is it really that hard to get a technica allocation? I was kinda excited about rwd. What do you guys think? Any of you had the same issue or heard of others in this boat?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
EVO RWD is finished. It’s gotta be Technica or nothing it looks like.
Really? That is really a bummer. I put the money down for a car with their own dealer and got confirmation from Lamborghini. How can they just go back and say sorry you put 10k deposit and we used your money to make more money but now you can’t have the evo rwd. If you want here is a Tecnica or your 10k back. Where is my f’n interest lol.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Really? That is really a bummer. I put the money down for a car with their own dealer and got confirmation from Lamborghini. How can they just go back and say sorry you put 10k deposit and we used your money to make more money but now you can’t have the evo rwd. If you want here is a Tecnica or your 10k back. Where is my f’n interest lol.
Only $10k?? Be thankful of that part of the equation. Some of us have $30k down.....for almost a year, lol
But, just to give you a little hope, my SA told me the EVO red and awd will run 1 more model year, '23. That may not mean much to anyone not already on the list as they probably have enough orders to fill all allocation slots for the '23 model year.
And yes, Tecnica allocation will be hard to get as well. Coming in this late in the game, you'll be lucky if you even get a Tecnica allocation. Maybe things will change in the 3rd or 4th quarter this year, time will tell.

V.

·
Registered
499 Posts
In Italy the dealerships taking orders only for Evo AWD,I don't believe another production year for the Rwd version,at the same time they have two new models that starting production on the Huracan line these months -Tecnica and Sterato

·
Registered
348 Posts
That's definitely aggravating, op. I suppose it depends on whether or not you like the looks of the Technica. I'd personally never take a Technica over an Evo, especially considering potential limitations on interior spec (can only get normal CF weave interior), and I think that the majority of the Technica exterior specs are ugly, but that's all subjective.

·
Administrator
4,019 Posts
If the order was validated I’m pretty sure that means you should still get one.

as far as strong arm, that Isn’t happening. Calling Lamborghini isn’t going to do a single thing.

tell your SA that validated orders should be built, but keep in mind that might make you wait a long time as allocations come for specific cars and the rollout might be for tecnica.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,713 Posts
You should be happy that you’re getting the latest model! If it was me, I’d be bummed if I got an Evo right before a new model came out…..
Ray, you will never have the "latest" model just the next model. The replacements are also coming, and although they will be hybrids, they will get a significant horsepower bump........
As soon, as you get any Lamborghini model it's going to be dated or if your an optimist it's on the road to becoming vintage. Mathematically sort of like N + 1.................♾️

·
Registered
286 Posts
Ray, you will never have the "latest" model just the next model. The replacements are also coming, and although they will be hybrids, they will get a significant horsepower bump........
As soon, as you get any Lamborghini model it's going to be dated or if your an optimist it's on the road to becoming vintage. Mathematically sort of like N + 1.................♾️
The replacement will be faster, the question is how will it drive and sound.

Speed is good, but I'm trading my 992 TTS for a GT3 Touring because I'd rather have the feel and sound of a naturally aspirated engine.

Then, again, I still use tubes in my audio system - so maybe I'm just old school.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am curious about this but isn't there a significant difference in the base prices between the Evo RWD coupe and the Tecnica? everything said and done a similarly spec'd order can be significantly higher?

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
I am curious about this but isn't there a significant difference in the base prices between the Evo RWD coupe and the Tecnica? everything said and done a similarly spec'd order can be significantly higher?
Base increased slightly but base includes some extras aswell that isn’t included in evo base + newish design + extra hp
IMO, worth it

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
If I understand correctly, $10K only puts you on a list, does not get you a valid allocation or an actual build slot from Lamborghini, has to be $30K
I am sure in this case, 10k is deposit to get into allocation queue. Also, not all dealers charge 30k before you get an allocation.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,071 Posts
Unless you don’t like the cosmetic changes offered by the Tecnica, I can’t see the downside?

Reactions: amandeep18feb
1 - 20 of 71 Posts