Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience w/ Symbolic on their service department?
I want to take my Gallardo in to check Egear problem?

Positive and negative feedbacks if any?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought my 04 G-car there and had the 1,500 mi service there, including e-gear software upgrade. No problems to report.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alexmo said:
I bought my 04 G-car there and had the 1,500 mi service there, including e-gear software upgrade. No problems to report.

How many days did it take your car to get the software upgrade? If you don't mind me asking.... I saw that you live in Pasadena, why did you service the car in San Diego?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Hi Kalvin,

This is a LAMBORGHINI not a Honda!

There is no in by 9 out by 5 if you want REAL Service!!

If the car needs service, which it sounds like it does, then make the neccesary arrangements. Symbolic has a pretty good reputation over a long period of time, but like many other service establisments of the Real Type, their Magic died with Merlin!

·
Registered
104 Posts
the e-gear sucks and is hopeless, i'm a Lambo guy to the bone, but to get out of a g-car I was tired of loseing $1000/week on a POS e-gear i ended up with a 6 speed gallardo, a good car. i didnt want want a 6 speed cause i needed it as a daily driver and i have a murci etc. so a 6 speed g-car wasnt my plan.

i ended up with a F-Car Challenge Stradale (SP?). got me out of a car costing me $$$ that wasnt properly working, I like the car but the F-1 gear box works perfect. too bad the g-car isnt like that, there isnt any software change going to make that happen, i'd rather have the g-car with the correct gear box that the ferrari, I think lambo rolled them out a bit soon and with audi backing them the problem will be sorted out in time, if so give me the g-car!!!

given the choice as a one car buyer the 6 speed g-car is the way to go if a murci is out of range. if you want a paddle shift wait a while or get a different brand.

I bought a car from symbolic years ago good guys decent price for showroom guys but dont know about the service dept, i like platimun, the whole operation there is first class, sometimes a bit slow they have a lot of cars to work on but only use top shelf tech's so i dont mind waiting, they dont hire guys who worked at Saturn last week i like that,

·
Registered
13 Posts
For me the e-gear upgrade was done in half a day, but since I had to drive 110 mi, wait, and drive back, I decided to make it an overnighter.

The 1,500 mi service took a day more than they promised, just to apply a different lubricant on the acclerator pedal. Huh?

There are obvious advantages to servicing where you purchase, but I need to find a closer alternative.

I have had no egear problems YET, but I worry about clutch wear. It engages much less positively and the driver would. It's got to be wearing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I thought we were here to give advise and answers, not to categorize cars, some may think the e-gear sucks but I guess people have the right to their opinion. I love mine and by the way, the same guys make the F1 gear box and the e-gear (Magneti Marelli) so I would assume that if the E-gear sucks, the Ferrari F1 would not be much better.

Our Gallardo e-gear had the first generation computer in it and during the Run last year we were deciding whether to upgrade to the second generation we were told by Jeff of Platinum that the third generation has arrived and it should solve all existing e-gear problems. After talking to Valentino and testdriving Wayne's e-gear we were very happy with the changes so we confirmed with Platinum to do the change, the computer had to be ordered and it did take some time since the software was new, but once it arrived, it was a half day job. It may be in stock nowadays but do check with them first.

Our car was bought from Symbolic and I think they can provide as good a job as Platinum (We use Platinum Orange County since it's closer). But as a word of advise, call them or if you're close by, bring it in. It's absolutely not necessary to leave the car with them but then again, do not expect to bring your Gallardo in without advance notice and expect them to have a computer ready for you.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have owned both its perfect in the CS end of story, go drive one abd see, no amount of words will describe the difference after driving the two. Breaks my heart cause im a lambo guy, they'll get it right, i thought it was ok until i drove the CS, i dont care who makes what it what happens afterwards that seems to matter in this case.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Okay, so we should just all sell our gallardo's for F360CS, I'm not saying it's not a good car, actually, the CS is one of my favourites, but from the way that you just stated the fact that no software will make any difference no matter who makes it, can I ask you whether you've tried the latest upgrade for the Gallardo, if not, go test one and come back and tell me about it. I am just a guy that loves cars, Lamborghinis, Ferraris but I think not you or me can make the decision that any particular one of these brands or models suck. As a matter of fact, I love our e-gear gallardo and I think many members here will second that opinion. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
These tech glitches are a result of the growing desire of car manufacturers catering to the desires of customers wishing to have their cars control them, instead of vice versa. The writing was on the wall when ECU's became commonplace on cars due to smog laws. This type of tech is merely a branching off from computer control technology on autos. Increasing complexity will result in increased training for technicians/mechanics that must decipher this complexity. someday, factory techs will undoubtedly have to become EE's and even software programmers to work on these reasonably well and to insure further support after the 10-15 year mark when the factory ceases support of both the mech and electrical systems of the particular car. Just look at the telephone. Then the cellphone. Now cellphones will someday replace the laptop and camera and God knows what else. If I wanted to take pictures while I am talking on the phone, I would have asked for it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
eetjw said:
Okay, so we should just all sell our gallardo's for F360CS, I'm not saying it's not a good car, actually, the CS is one of my favourites, but from the way that you just stated the fact that no software will make any difference no matter who makes it, can I ask you whether you've tried the latest upgrade for the Gallardo, if not, go test one and come back and tell me about it. I am just a guy that loves cars, Lamborghinis, Ferraris but I think not you or me can make the decision that any particular one of these brands or models suck. As a matter of fact, I love our e-gear gallardo and I think many members here will second that opinion. :)

no, sell the gallardos and buy murci's forget the ferrari's.

and yes i have driven all the gallardo's and they all suck compaierd to the CS gear box,otherwise for the most part i like the g-car better except the turning radius in theferrari is better. the 6 speed g-car is great!!!!

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
LV Eric said:
no, sell the gallardos and buy murci's forget the ferrari's.

and yes i have driven all the gallardo's and they all suck compaierd to the CS gear box,otherwise for the most part i like the g-car better except the turning radius in theferrari is better. the 6 speed g-car is great!!!!

The things is that the guy is asking for a service reference. Instead of just answering his question you are telling him is car sucks. Who wants to buy a car for the price they are to have someone tell them the car sucks? It's like if you asked where there is a great Salon for your wife to get her hair cut and someone told you she's ugly?!?!?! Kalvin is only interested in the quality of the service at Symbolic. Not whether the CS is better the the G-car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for the support, that's what I wanted to say but didn't think what I was going to say next was going to be appropriate for this forum.

·
Registered
104 Posts
thanks dave, people like you make the world a better place. People like me give you something to do to better your self and serve others for that I thank you too. Since your "doing my part" tough guy i'll just shut up and keep a wealth of knowlege and let you uninformed but "correct"folks just wallow in your own limited world. big help you are.

I made it listening to others not policing the world. And I promis you I got it Waaaay better thabn you do. enjoy yourselfs.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It is pretty interesting how a question in regards to quality of service at symbolic motors turned into some debate about Egear, six speed G car and CS.

Maybe we should have a forum for the V10 or Gallardo and seperate the Egear owners from six speed owners.
Maybe that will make everyone a little bit more comfortable.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm not sure if you understand the process, I admit that the 360 CS is a great car but it has its faults as well as all other cars but if you love it, you will learn to live with its problems and enjoy owning a beautiful car, as with owning a Gallardo. I've driven my friend's 360 F1 and to me the car is a bit too sensitive going into corners as compared to the Gallardo and it also has the glitches for the gear shift. But is the 360 a piece of s**t? Absolutely not.

I would assume that you would not like an owner of a Murcielago to tell you that your CS sucks while you're trying to obtain service information on a Ferrari forum.

The whole point here is to try to give guidance to future Lambo owners and best possible ways to resolve problems to current Lambo owners and not to tell them that their dream car or the car that they currently own sucks. This is the last message I'll write about this topic. No hard feelings.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
LV Eric said:
thanks dave, people like you make the world a better place. People like me give you something to do to better your self and serve others for that I thank you too. Since your "doing my part" tough guy i'll just shut up and keep a wealth of knowlege and let you uninformed but "correct"folks just wallow in your own limited world. big help you are.

I made it listening to others not policing the world. And I promis you I got it Waaaay better thabn you do. enjoy yourselfs.
I am sure you do have it better than me, The point of my message is to get to the point of this thread. No one is trying to be a "tough guy" we are trying to find out about Symbolic NOT E-GEAR!!! As for your "wealth of Knowledge" please by all means share it with us in a constructive way. Like I have always said if you take offense to something it must be true.
:confused:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've had no issues with Symbolic service. They are curtious and timely and have always resolved my issues. (04 Gallardo)

-Paul

1 - 20 of 29 Posts