Lamborghini Talk banner

SVJ wiggles all the time.

1058 Views 17 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  GoPGgo
hello everyone!

I have recently bought used SVJ (1,8k kilometers) from Lamborghini official dealer. The car was approved by them, they provided me with full service and extended the warranty for one extra year. I tried it several times on autoban and I'm really confused. Starting 120km\h the car wiggles every time when I change gear, it also wiggles when I release gas pedal. Sometimes it wiggles on it's own even if the road is straight and there are no visible obstacles on it. I already have Aventador S and drive it often, so I expected SVJ would behave +\- similar, but it's totally different and somewhat unpleasant experience. While Aventador S behaves like an iron on ironing board even with 300+, SVJ wiggles a lot and I feel like I'm driving hellcat, not AWD lambo.
Do you have any idea why?

I tried to turn ESC on\off, Strada, Sport, Corsa mode, nothing changes - it still wiggles.
My tires are Pirelli PZero Corsa, the same I have on my Aventador S.
The temperature outside was +15 if this matters.

Thank you!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
613 Posts
Yup sounds like theres a problem. If its happening on gear changes/letting off the power then it sounds like something on the rebound on the suspension.

Check

1) Tyre pressures, are they all correct and even
2) Alignment
3) Check all the dampers for any signs of dusting or failure. You'll have to take the frunk tub out to get a good look at the front ones.
4) Any signs of play or problems with the controls arms or joints, it will need to go on a ramp for this.

· Registered
Aventador S 2018, Aventador SVJ 2021
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You may have some issues with the suspension or tires. Take it back and have them fix it. It shouldn't pull or wiggle
Thank you!
My first thought was suspension, second - tires. Also I thought there might be some problems with ALA, so I decided to ask here first.

· Registered
1,033 Posts
Early Aventadors have bouncy suspension. However Svj version should have firm position at the speed.
Take a look at the tires and rims.

Reactions: aziral

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you ask if it had been in any accidents ?
Yes, and also checked with database - the car was clean.

I'm quite certain the wiggle is caused by uneven treads on the tires. One of the tires have more rubbers than the other. Change all 4.
Thank you!
I ordered a new set of tires the moment I bought it, but it takes sooooo long for them to arrive :(

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was going to guess on grooves in the highway, but if your other A drives fine, it disproves my theory.
Even if there were some grooves, it does not explain why SVJ reacts with wiggle on every press\release gas.
I mean - it feels like it's the car, not the road, so tomorrow I'm gonna set a date for another maintenance.

· Registered
581 Posts
i had a f8 that did the same thing it was the rear tires
after New tires the wiggle was gone
My f12 did the wiggle stuff but it had aftermarket bigger wheels and also novitec lowered.
My f8 front end was unstable over 80 mph wanted to dart left or right on bumps.. bumpsteer terrible.

· Premium Member
534 Posts
I had a similar experience on my Lotus GT. I know it’s a different beast, but wiggled a lot even when brand new and got worse with higher speeds. It ended up being a simple wheel alignment that was needed and has been rock solid ever since.

· Registered
2020 Huracan Evo with Heffner Twin Turbo
142 Posts
Does the SVJ have all wheel steering? That’s produced some wiggling for me when I accelerate

1 - 18 of 18 Posts