Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m taking delivery of an SVJ soon and would like to know if anyone here knows or can measure the dimensions of the SVJ 63 side decals (the gold stripes). I saw some cars on instagram replicate those in many colors and would like to do them to mine as well. Would really appreciate your help!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Are you talking about the 63 blocked design on the door or hood? Or are you referring to something else?
Just out of curiosity why do you want to do that exactly? Are you going for the look exactly of the svj63? Does that not run the risk or being slightly like putting the m badge on a non m car? If it’s not that version just curious why do it? It is a loud part and what’s wrong with the clean beauty of the paint?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you talking about the 63 blocked design on the door or hood? Or are you referring to something else?
Just out of curiosity why do you want to do that exactly? Are you going for the look exactly of the svj63? Does that not run the risk or being slightly like putting the m badge on a non m car? If it’s not that version just curious why do it? It is a loud part and what’s wrong with the clean beauty of the paint?
I was referring to the side aero with black and gold trim on the white SVJ 63 debut car. I’m not going for the exact look of the 63 which includes all the carbon roof and 63 decals, I agree that’s not very tasteful when my car isn’t a 63 edition. I just think the side aero part looks really nice and a lot of SVJ owners have done it on Instagram.

50A7F359-0370-4A4E-8936-94888C1958FB.jpeg

·
Registered
207 Posts
Easiest way is to just have a shop do it that's already done another, the dimensions change throughout the line. Also, it is very difficult to wrap the front intakes as you have to take off the winglets to get behind them, most shops won't do it. My car is 100% wrapped with PPF, then we did STEK black PPF film over it to give the bottom portion the 63 look - they color matched the stripe with a wrap then did a ceramic coating over the entire car. The black PPF looks like paint and the coating makes it SUPER easy to clean.

Good luck, definitely sets off the look of the SVJ properly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Easiest way is to just have a shop do it that's already done another, the dimensions change throughout the line. Also, it is very difficult to wrap the front intakes as you have to take off the winglets to get behind them, most shops won't do it. My car is 100% wrapped with PPF, then we did STEK black PPF film over it to give the bottom portion the 63 look - they color matched the stripe with a wrap then did a ceramic coating over the entire car. The black PPF looks like paint and the coating makes it SUPER easy to clean.

Good luck, definitely sets off the look of the SVJ properly.

View attachment 285940
Thanks for the advice, unfortunately my country (Thailand) has yet to receive a 63 edition, I'm one of the only four SVJ owners so far. Your car is actually the one that inspired me to do only the bottom half as well but I want the stripe in gold to match my calipers. Your stripes are so well done I thought you just cut part of the black PPF to show the body color :LOL: My shop advised me to do a similar setup of PPF first then black sticker then gold stripes, they said the black PPF they stock is too smooth to stick the stripe on to. If it doesn't bother you, could I please have measurements for certain sections of the line? I'd really like to know how thick it is at these spots.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts