• Diablo SE30

Votes: 25 42.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys thik is better to fix up?
An SE30 or 98 or 99 SV?

I want to do a Twin Turbo conversion on one of them but I was concerned with the all the internal parts needed for SE30 being too expensive.

The other thing is since the car is so rare I don’t want to do all those mods on it. I want to leave it as stock as possible but the car is made for racing and is so light weight it would only make sense to do it on the SE30

Any Comments

·
Registered
165 Posts
I would never modify a Lambo, all stock for me ;) But I were to choose one it would be the 99'SV

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a severe inferiority complex when it comes to my car. I never want a POS Ford, Porches, Vette Etc..
A Lamborghini should never lose to any car on the road.

Has anyone noticed that CGT owners have an attitude? I’ve seen a few and most of them seem to think that their Sh*t don’t stink

·
Administrator
5,166 Posts
Sha, it shouldn't take too many mods on your exsiting car to keep those inferior brands in your rear view mirror.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
The SV, specially the MY99 is for sure the better car, the SE30 is very expensive with it's special parts but not faster...
SE30 for the collection, SV for the road

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see CGTs almost Every weekend and I know there will be a ton of SLRs in the streets once they start to come into the market.

Do you guys really think an exhaust, air filter and 2 cat delete will be able to keep up with those cars?
Don’t forget how heavy a roadster is in comparison to an SV

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
raymond said:
The SV, specially the MY99 is for sure the better car, the SE30 is very expensive with it's special parts but not faster...
SE30 for the collection, SV for the road

Thats what I thought Raymond.
Why would you say 99 and not 98SV? Is it becasue of the weight savings with the headlights?

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Well, I thought of the bigger brakes, but I can't remember if they already came with MY98 or MY99.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a 98 roadster and its all the same as the 99 except for the interior and the headlights

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Tom

99 has ABS, upgraded larger brakes, larger cross drilled rotors and the Variable Valve timing for the 530HP

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
sk90077 said:
Hi Tom

99 has ABS, upgraded larger brakes, larger cross drilled rotors and the Variable Valve timing for the 530HP
98 SV came with those upgrade as well. My suggestion is buy a 98 SV then mod it. Like my namesake said, SE30 for collection, SV for the road. If you are just worried about keeping up with the new supercars, an inexpensive nitrous setup can fix that. No need to spend a ton for a twin turbo or twin supercharger setup.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
speed2 said:
Raymond: I thought the SV did not get ABS until the 99 model year, along with the new interior?
As far as I know the differnce between the 98 and 99 is as follows. Of course the obvious are the dashboard shape and the headlights. What is not too obvious are the following.

1. Carbon-fiber interior pieces in the 98. The 99 I compared my car to did not have carbon-fiber door sills and center console.

2. The engine compartment latches in the 98 are two external race type latches. The 99 latch is interior operated remote lever like the other Diablos.

3. The 98 headrests are embroidered with a bull and "SV" logos. The 99 are just embossed with a small bull logo on each headrest.

4. Guages are white faced in the 98 and black in the 99.

5. Some of the 1998s were manufactured before Audi took over Lamborghini.

Other than those differences, I can't think of anything else that are different. The bigger brakes, ABS and Variable Valve Timing all came in the 1998 model year.

If there is anything I missed, please add to the list.

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
speed2 said:
Raymond: I thought the SV did not get ABS until the 99 model year, along with the new interior?
nope my 98SV has ABS. and it is lighter than the MY99 becouse it dosnt have the lifting system :wave:

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
wiz357 said:
As far as I know the differnce between the 98 and 99 is as follows. Of course the obvious are the dashboard shape and the headlights. What is not too obvious are the following.

1. Carbon-fiber interior pieces in the 98. The 99 I compared my car to did not have carbon-fiber door sills and center console....
actualy i dont think any 98SV 's came with carbon fiber intirior..... i think it was special order...or after maket.... they usualy came in plain plastik intirior ..with out even an ashtray....

but i could be wrong... i would love to know :wave:

my car was bought ithink before audi took over... but im not sure...

·
Registered
142 Posts
I agree that the sv is for modding. The se30 is made to be similar to what the gt3 is to porsche: without forced induction. Despite my opinion, there is a se30 in germany with a light weight super charger kit that is the bomb. 640hp. The piping are all dry carbon that shields the heat, and keeps weight gains at a minimum. The only things that would be the major weight gainer is the supercharger at 30lb and intercooler... se30 supercharged

Notice that it looks very stock looking...

Plus, at total of 25 cars imported and number of cars that havent crashed at one point or other... you probably dont want to modify an se30... The one thing recommended for modding would be the exhaust :whip: much better sound and power...

An SV on the other hand has that bad boy image like it needs to be modded more.. A single supercharger would be sufficient to power the car up enough probably to be on the same power level and fast enough to surpass perhaps the 640... of course due to lighter weight and 2wd and much better power to weight ratio...

·
Registered
283 Posts
I just saw this pic while looking at the SE's. To each his own...... :eek:

Ok, I just realized that they came with this interior. I thought this guy had it custom made..... still it looks kinda bad.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts