Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Lamborghini Diablo SV
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the SV logo come standard on the OEM 3 piece OZ wheels or was it an 'option'? Are they painted or some type of decal?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Painted. Really terribly.

Here is what I mean using my SV-R wheels for example. The smudged ones are the factory fresh wheels. The other is right after I re-did them.
20160920_162432.jpg
20160920_162353.jpg
20160920_162432.jpg
20160920_162353.jpg

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I reproduced them as a decal in orange. Not sure how it was from new.
Vinyl decals? How's the durability? I'd imagine they would start peeling with all of that rotational force.

Painted. Really terribly.

Here is what I mean using my SV-R wheels for example. The smudged ones are the factory fresh wheels. The other is right after I re-did them. View attachment 292431 View attachment 292432 View attachment 292431 View attachment 292432
Yikes. The befores are terrible. How did you reproduce the logo? Stencil?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Andrei, also on regular SV painted? Or just on SVR?
SV painted too. Unless they are decal underneath the clear. Certainly can't feel any edges. At least the SV ones look perfect from factory not like the SV-R.

I need to buy more of the OZ Racing decals off you as I kill mine every time that I polish the wheels.

·
Registered
343 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yeah the problem is, the script is so thin, hard to keep in place when you use too much force with the towel. But i know exactly what you mean. I have a set of SVR wheels too and note its painted.(y)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@andecorp or any other member here have a stencil or could share a hi-res pic for the 'SV' wheel logo? Paint would probably be the more durable (albeit, more expensive) option. There's a seller on eBay from Sweden selling a stencil. Unfortunately, it's for some absurd amount of money for a piece of plastic or cardboard.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Here:

DSC00766-1.jpg
sv rear wheel.jpg
IMG_20140620_162001.jpg

Reactions: bonehead

·
Registered
425 Posts
or try Blu SV on Silver wheels..

photo taken part way through replacing wheel bolts with clear zinc bolts.

Note SV sticker should be opposite air valve (thanks Lemacc for making me aware of this)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
or try Blu SV on Silver wheels.. View attachment 293229
photo taken part way through replacing wheel bolts with clear zinc bolts.

Note SV sticker should be opposite air valve (thanks Lemacc for making me aware of this)
Great tip on the placement. Would have never thought of that.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Finally got logos on. Don’t know how long decals will last though. Have a friend locally that can make a stencil. Will just need to find someone that can paint and clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts