Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Sad. :(

If an aventador is in neutral rolling backward and you press the up shift paddle, will it engage into 2nd gear?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Sad. :(

If an aventador is in neutral rolling backward and you press the up shift paddle, will it engage into 2nd gear?
That's a very good question.. It's got to be able to upshift while reversing, in the cases of cars rolling on an incline, but to try engaging a forward gear for a single clutch transmission while the car's reversing over ~20mph like in the video can't be good and surely there's a lockout.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
I don't plan on experimenting with this to find out, lol When stopped, have to be on the brake to shift into 1st. When rolling forward the car chooses a gear. Car in video should never have been in neutral, but if you find yourself in that situation... press brake and shift (goes into first with wheels locked up I assume), or just pull paddle and I assume it goes into second?

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Seems like the slide was forever for that speed even on the wet surface
I don’t think he was sliding backwards.He let off on the brakes (brake lights went off) and then started revving it in neutral while not even attempting to turn to give more room before he ran into something. Hence the lack of talent comment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.