Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, are there any preferred “kits” to convert a 640 to a 670 ascetically? I absolutely love the 670 but don’t want to buy a car that, in my opinion, shouldn’t be driven as much as a 640 due to its specialness and rarity. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
revoz on my yellow murcie, same as revoz but gloss on my red murcie.

Attachments

Reactions: Stunnerable

·
Registered
298 Posts
$23k for a kit? GTFO
What do you expect it to cost? That is the price of one OEM Murcielago bumper and this kit has a LOT of parts all made in tooling that will make very few sets in their lifetime. Compared to many other kits out there for cars made in much larger numbers this one is not terribly expensive.

Reactions: tres55

·
Registered
191 Posts
Less if it's from an unknown aftermarket supplier with parts that are not TUF approved etc

·
Registered
33 Posts
How does the Revozport compare to the DMC SV kit?

Furthermore, who includes or makes good SV conversion parts for the front fenders and rear windscreen? From what I’ve noticed, it seems as though most kits do not include these parts.

·
Registered
2005 Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster & 2007 Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Coupe
300 Posts
Faithful rainbow is just as nice as Revozport. Both pay a lot of attention to detail. Unfortunately each doesn’t have all parts. So
I had to source three different kits to complete mine. I’m planning to sell the unused Sv parts in near future.

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
Revozport is matt finish and has the original straight OEM weave on the carbon so it looks exact. Faithfull rainbow is gloss finish and has twill carbon weave/diagonal pattern. Looks like for the price the FR kit offers great value, fitment looks on point.

·
Registered
2007 LP640 Balloon White
179 Posts
Which wing options don't require drilling on the body? I presume any that don't come with the cover for the area that includes the factory 'wing' that comes up at speed? I don't think I'll go full SV but would like to start with a rear wing.

·
Registered
2005 Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster & 2007 Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Coupe
300 Posts
Which wing options don't require drilling on the body? I presume any that don't come with the cover for the area that includes the factory 'wing' that comes up at speed? I don't think I'll go full SV but would like to start with a rear wing.
I have same concern with mine. The Sv kit I just finished installing didn’t require any drilling. I can restore back to stock anytime

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Anyone take it to the next level? Heads, complete interior in SV guise, suspension, etc?

There are what; 3 gated SV’s in the US? I would think it would be cheaper to start with a manual 640 and make it a 670 vs converting an egear 670 to a gated manual.

The 670 is just so awesome but buying one as a driver seems unlikely.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Anyone take it to the next level? Heads, complete interior in SV guise, suspension, etc?

There are what; 3 gated SV’s in the US? I would think it would be cheaper to start with a manual 640 and make it a 670 vs converting an egear 670 to a gated manual.

The 670 is just so awesome but buying one as a driver seems unlikely.

Since a pre-LP manual just sold for $440K with 15K miles on it, you can bet a nice LP640 manual is going to be $700-$1M now.

If you can buy a 670 egear for around $500K (haven't kept up to see if they are still in that range), you will definitely come out ahead converting that to a manual then starting with a manual 640 and trying to find all the little bits that they changed to make the 670.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Drift Works on youtube did it with a highly modified system. Underground Racing converted an SV. I asked Ed Bolian about the SV UR car a while ago, if I remember correctly he said it must have a completely custom engine management system. Others will be able to answer with details on why it hasn't been done in "stock" form.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.