Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SV owners with catless exhaust, what did you do to protect your bumper from melting? Or did you not have to worry with this? Anyone can chime in if you know anything on this.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Is this a thing? I have the Sv bumpers on mine with IPE exhaust shooting flames and haven’t had any issues yet

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
People talk about this on the forum. Just go to the parts ad section of this forum and you'll see a member selling a Capristo catless and warning SV owners that Capristo makes a special guard for them against this. Question is, is it really not an issue and Capristo just playing it safe?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I remember buying the extra heat shield IPE suggested with my set up. But wouldn’t a stock Original SV have one as well?

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If there are no cats then there should be less heat.
Interesting. If that is true, then that would mean this topic is more about over-reving to shoot flames than it is about heat from the system. Which further means the only part to protect is where the flames come out at.

·
Vendor
1,158 Posts
People talk about this on the forum. Just go to the parts ad section of this forum and you'll see a member selling a Capristo catless and warning SV owners that Capristo makes a special guard for them against this. Question is, is it really not an issue and Capristo just playing it safe?
Thats correct. The Capristo tip box has heat wrap inside of it to protect the bumper. People have installed the Capristo exhaust where they left the tip box off and melted the bumper slightly so its an important piece.

-Chris

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats correct. The Capristo tip box has heat wrap inside of it to protect the bumper. People have installed the Capristo exhaust where they left the tip box off and melted the bumper slightly so its an important piece.

-Chris
Can I use a stock box from an LP700?

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Interesting. If that is true, then that would mean this topic is more about over-reving to shoot flames than it is about heat from the system. Which further means the only part to protect is where the flames come out at.
There are different types of flames between catless and catted. Both require the exhaust to be hot. Generally you'll see fire coming out of a catless car off throttle and a catted car on throttle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts