Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SMH (and laughing at myself)

I just bought my first Gallardo (used) and I'm loving it - BUT - I'm already I'm drooling over cars that are in price ranges 5 and 6 times above where I started...

Am I normal???

It's like reading Hotrod or CarCraft - there's always SOMEONE who's got something bigger, louder, badder, faster, newer than yours...

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Normal. And congratulations!!

Reactions: Dee Zed

·
Registered
974 Posts
Thats totally normal, don't worry! One thing to keep in mind is that Gallardos are wonderful supercars and they're special in their own way(s). There's always someone out there with more money and a car that's practically unobtainable. I watched a gentleman take delivery of a Pagani Huayra Roadster after getting full PPF and ceramic coating...I couldn't dream of ever affording one but that doesn't mean our Gallardos aren't also cool

As long as you're enjoying your car, nothing else matters :)

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 Gallardo SE
173 Posts
Congrats! Yes I have had similar experiences with cars - its an addiction!
But I've never owned a Lamborghini before & hopefully that will be changing very soon with respect to a nice silver SE.
I'm telling myself this one is a keeper - I'm sure a Gallardo is the cure for this addiction & the fact of their being so few for sale or available in my city seems to back this up!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks folks!

I really do love the car - and its not lost on me how special an experience - and how unobtainable for so many - owning one of these is.

My father-in-law has a GORGEOUS 1974 911, upgraded with a rear wide-body kit, and the engine is a dual carbed flat 6 but upgraded to a 3.4.
Its quite a machine, and he's attentive in his upkeep - it is IMMACULATE.
He's owned it and loved on it since 1990 - has taken it to Guam, New York, Virginia, Mississippi, California, and now Hawaii (military.
Fortunately - no one else in the family drives stick. So I'm not casting lots or anything, but if he wants to leave that car to my wife (ahem), well, who am I to complain...?

Where I was going with this is, I like his car - and it is HIGHLY desirable - but I LOVE the Gallardo - and I hope I can give it some of the love he's given his Porsche.
Yes - you are ABSOLUTELY correct - there will ALWAYS be someone with more money to spend and a more rare car - so I'm just going to smile every time I turn the key and count my VERY lucky stars.

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
This is the one thing that keeps me awake at night when it comes to soon becoming a Huracan owner. Will I shortly thereafter want to go to an Aventador! Please...no!!! Although my wife thinks a Huracan isn't a Lambo since it doesn't have scissor doors so she would be all in!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Started in a G, you eventually get the bug to get the V12 with the doors (got a 15 Roaster), and then ........... dreaming of an SVJ next. BUt did you see the McLaren 765LT Spider...........WOW

Completely normal, Pagani is the current unobtainable dream car for me.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,833 Posts
OP, don't listen to all previous posts it's definitely you. I would never do anything of the sort and I speak from experience with 3 years in the Sports car realm (2018 Cayman S, 2019 GT3-RS, 2018 GT2-RS, 2019 580-2, 2021 EVO RWD and ordered a 2022 EVO RWD). Well, maybe it's not entirely you :unsure:, though, it's all good. :giggle:

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
My super car adventure began at the age of 18 with a 91 Honda CRX. If you love cars you will always love cars.
I was 13 when I think the first one came out around 1984. My best friend's older sister's boyfriend had one and I was drooling all over it!!

·
Registered
969 Posts
It's normal.....it's more of a pain when it occurs during a look/buy phase, because the budget never goes down. Between cars it is less of an issue because it always takes me YEARS to save up.

·
Premium Member
97.0 Diablo VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,597 Posts
This insidious condition also occurs in the world of boating. A friend of mine calls the disease “2-foot-itis”. Symptoms include an itch every year for the next boat two feet longer than the one you already have.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,833 Posts
This insidious condition also occurs in the world of boating. A friend of mine calls the disease “2-foot-itis”. Symptoms include an itch every year for the next boat two feet longer than the one you already have.
My feelings exactly, except in the Lamborghini realm it's "vertical-door-itis" or "2-cylinder-more-itis".

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Definitely not normal. Get a second opinion from a board certified doctor. Whatever you do… DO NOT PICK AT IT. Let it heal. Give plenty of fresh air.

good luck

·
Registered
248 Posts
Forget cars that cost 5X as much. You can run Nurburgrings around them with intelligent building, aero, and research.
"Nice Koenigsegg. I thought those things came faster."

PS there are few things that double the horsepower and a ton of downforce can't fix.

PPS: got empty spots in the car chassis? Find a way to fill them with more fuel storage. You don't want WOT to mean a runtime of 10 minutes.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts