Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I forgot to remove the car key from my jeans and the missus put it through a complete wash cycle.
I am very pleased to report that other than an exceptionally clean and fresh smelling key, it still works.
I pulled it apart straight away and stuck it in the hot water tank cupboard for a couple of days.
The electrics part actually has a good seal, there was no water in there at all - probably lucky she does a cold wash cycle, the key folding mechanism was full of water though.
Put it back together, it wouldnt unlock the car so I had to use the spare key, put the dried out key in the ignition, started the engine and now the dried out key locks / unlocks the car.
And that should also answer " How to reset the key" when changing the battery - without the submerged part of course, lol.
Ciao.

·
Vendor
2,621 Posts
Awesome. Maybe all of our keys need a good washing

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,576 Posts
Brings to mind the old Timex jingle......it takes a lickin and keeps on tickin. I guess that can now appropriately be applied to Lamborghini keys as well. ;)

Reactions: XSNRGY

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,330 Posts
For future reference another trick with accidentally wet electronic parts is to put it in a bag of uncooked rice for a few days. The rice will draw out the moisture. But they won’t smell “Bounty fresh”!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Brings to mind the old Timex jingle......it takes a lickin and keeps on tickin. I guess that can now appropriately be applied to Lamborghini keys as well. ;)
Wonder how many members on the forum remember those old Timex ads with John Cameron Swayze. Classics.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,576 Posts
Wonder how many members on the forum remember those old Timex ads with John Cameron Swayze. Classics.
Growing up it was so pervasive on the airwaves, and I must say, convincing that whoever developed that slogan was a genius. Leaves one with, Timex = durability and toughness. Alas, a much simpler time.........

Reactions: DucFiend

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
That's a great day! You got a clean key and avoided the Lambo tax on a replacement! Woohoo! Gotta take the little things as they come along. Life is short, enjoy all the little blessings!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts