Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Gallardo was just delivered a few days ago and I realized right away that the front lift light was flashing. (It was in the lowered position but had just been taken off the delivery truck, so I didn't think much of it.) This morning, the light wasn't flashing so my husband pressed the button to see how it works and it went up, the light started flashing, and now it won't go back down. I've read it's not good for them to leave it in that position, much less drive it, but what can I do? Thanks!

·
Registered
558 Posts
My Gallardo was just delivered a few days ago and I realized right away that the front lift light was flashing. (It was in the lowered position but had just been taken off the delivery truck, so I didn't think much of it.) This morning, the light wasn't flashing so my husband pressed the button to see how it works and it went up, the light started flashing, and now it won't go back down. I've read it's not good for them to leave it in that position, much less drive it, but what can I do? Thanks!
It should only flash until it completes the operation. I’m wondering if it wasn’t completely lowered or raised when the car was shut off for a while. I think it can flash if the system fails and it can’t reach full height as well, but it should always drop back down. Keep in mind that it will not lower with either door open (crushing risk).

Check your power steering fluid and see if it’s low. The car uses the PS fluid for the front lift system too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It should only flash until it completes the operation. I’m wondering if it wasn’t completely lowered or raised when the car was shut off for a while. I think it can flash if the system fails and it can’t reach full height as well, but it should always drop back down. Keep in mind that it will not lower with either door open (crushing risk).

Check your power steering fluid and see if it’s low. The car uses the PS fluid for the front lift system too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you! It's been flashing since it was delivered, and the seller said "it's nothing to worry about" but clearly it is if we cannot get it to go down now. This morning was the first time it wasn't flashing when we started it, so we thought we'd try it out. As soon as we start the car, the light starts flashing and it won't engage the lift one way or the other.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,687 Posts
Have you noticed any fluid leakage under the car?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Check Fluid level, in a reservoir on the driver side of the engine compartment behind a cover. If it is low you may not be getting the pressure you need. Quick check.

·
Premium Member
12,687 Posts
i believe there is some kind of acuator that controls the hydrolics, perhaps it has failed. Have you done a search. I know this was brought up before.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi

Have you read your manual?
Pg 31 - Front lifting system can only be lifted/dropped when the engine is running. Don't try and operate it with the engine off.

Have you driven the car much, or was it driven much before delivery?
If not charge the battery. Use something like a CTEK or an Accumate.

If you don't drive the car regularly, the battery will be low after 2 weeks and near dead after 3weeks of not driving. Starting the car with a dead battery puts additional strain on the alternator to try and charge it. So keep it charged using a CTEK/Accumate.

Once the battery is fully charged
  • start the car
  • take it for a 45min/1hr drive, then pull over engine still running.
Then...
1. is the Lift light off and the car dropped, no problem

2. is the light on (not flashing) and car raised, then with the engine running, car stationary, press and hold the lift button, the light should flash rapidly, and then go out when the car is dropped.

3. Is the light flashing slowly, like a slow pulse? With engine still running, car stationary, press and hold the Lift button. If it flashes rapidly and the car moves up or down, then you're all good. If it does nothing, turn off, restart, drive around a while again, try it again. If that doesn't fix it, you may have an issue.

I'm not a mechanic just a fellow owner.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi

Have you read your manual?
Pg 31 - Front lifting system can only be lifted/dropped when the engine is running. Don't try and operate it with the engine off.

Have you driven the car much, or was it driven much before delivery?
If not charge the battery. Use something like a CTEK or an Accumate.

If you don't drive the car regularly, the battery will be low after 2 weeks and near dead after 3weeks of not driving. Starting the car with a dead battery puts additional strain on the alternator to try and charge it. So keep it charged using a CTEK/Accumate.

Once the battery is fully charged
  • start the car
  • take it for a 45min/1hr drive, then pull over engine still running.
Then...
1. is the Lift light off and the car dropped, no problem

2. is the light on (not flashing) and car raised, then with the engine running, car stationary, press and hold the lift button, the light should flash rapidly, and then go out when the car is dropped.

3. Is the light flashing slowly, like a slow pulse? With engine still running, car stationary, press and hold the Lift button. If it flashes rapidly and the car moves up or down, then you're all good. If it does nothing, turn off, restart, drive around a while again, try it again. If that doesn't fix it, you may have an issue.

I'm not a mechanic just a fellow owner.
Unfortunately, we don't have the manual, but working on getting one.

I am not sure how often the car was driven before purchase, but I know it sat for several weeks before and during transport.

I will certainly try charging the battery and go from there. I have noticed the flashing does go from more rapid to less rapid, but hasn't stopped at all in several days.

·
Vendor
2,388 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
If the levels are good, and over 40mph (Believe this is were it would automatically lower) it did not drop, you likely have a failure. Hopefully it is not a clogged valve box, heard that is expensive. In my old SuperG had a leaking Steering rack seal that effected the lift as the levels got low. Hope you find the issue, bet it looks funny going down the road "Nose up".

·
Premium Member
12,687 Posts
I would start by making sure the battery is good. Weak batteries can make some crazy things happen.

·
Registered
46 Posts

1. Unfortunately, we don't have the manual, but working on getting one.

I am not sure how often the car was driven before purchase, but I know it sat for several weeks before and during transport.

I will certainly try charging the battery and go from there. I have noticed the flashing does go from more rapid to less rapid, but hasn't stopped at all in several days.
    After you've charged the battery, driven for a while, and before you pull over and try and operate the lift...Make sure the doors are closed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

1. After you've charged the battery, driven for a while, and before you pull over and try and operate the lift...Make sure the doors are closed.
Only problem with that is I read driving with it lifted for any amount of time risks severe damage because of all the pressure involved.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've driven mine a few times for 20mins with it lifted. It's fine. The aim is to ensure a full charged battery.

If you'd rather not do that, then buy a new battery, charge it, then start the car, and with the doors closed, try and operate the lift.

To change the battery, have a search.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Agree with battery comments, car goes wonky with low battery; keep it on a trickle charger at all times, replace early before it dies. Not that expensive of a fix (assume this is it). Battery or fluid levels is my bet to fix this. Also have rode with it up, no issue. Best case is to raise and lower without turning at same time given it all works off same system

1 - 20 of 29 Posts