Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any tips on an LP560-4 stuck in gear?

Let’s say you thought you blew an egear line. Then found out the pressure reservoir was the issue — was a bit loose and fluid had leaked. After topping off the fluid reservoir, refilling the pressure reservoir and bleeding the air from the bleeder on the top of the trans the car now “shifts” through all gears (more noise than normal) but “neutral” is still in gear — in other words the shifting is not in alignment and no “gear” is actually allowing the wheels to move freely. Effectively no neutral.

Battery fully charged. No error lights on dash. Soft reset using paddles did not help.

Obviously the car needs to be hooked to a LARA system to learn the gears again BUT it’s currently in a 1 car wide stall, nose in and stuck in gear.

The Huracan (and most other cars) have a means of disabling the trans for emergency towing. Does the G have this? No info found in owners manual or interweb. Asking for a friend haha.

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
271 Posts

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sucks....Not sure if it would apply to your case but this is a good read (actuator has been known to cause premature failure not discovered until replacement clutch already installed).... and they leak

Not sure that’s it. Was shifting fine until it suddenly showed egear error on dash. Coasted to side of road and found green pentosin trail under car. Figured it was a common problem with a burst line. Got it up in the air and found the accumulator (pressure reservoir) was only on finger tight. Removed and inspected. Good o ring and threads looked perfect. Reinstalled and filled fluid reservoir. System pressurizes briskly and holds pressure. No leaks anywhere. Bled system from top of trans. Now it “shifts” into each gear but doesn’t seem to be accurately shifting. Wish there was a way to get LARA emulator for a PC without the $14k or whatever stupid cost. The rest of the car is easy to work on.

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
271 Posts
Understood. So you would think all is up snuff now, but somehow have lost synch. Couple key cycles to initialize e-gear. Yep, anything involving LARA is way over my head (for now). Good Luck and keep us posted !

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,315 Posts
I don’t know is I have not serviced mine yet in that area but something in the back of my mind tells me there are multiple bleed screws not just the one you reference. Are you sure you got all the air bled out properly?

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don’t know is I have not serviced mine yet in that area but something in the back of my mind tells me there are multiple bleed screws not just the one you reference. Are you sure you got all the air bled out properly?
I thought so too but the LP service manual only references one. So does the R8 R tronic. There may be a LARA controlled purging process but that leaves me in the same boat — stuck in my garage. I really don’t want to drag the car out with the trans locked. Getting on the trailer is also an issue.
The preLP has 3 bleeders I believe.

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,315 Posts
You should for sure call your nearest Lamborghini service tech. If they have a LARA system, I believe it is portable with a laptop so you might talk them into a house call? Alternatively, you might try to jack your car up and put the wheels on a car dolly so you can roll it out to a flatbed for the trip to the mechanic.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I can only speak for the preLP but there is definitely a bleed screw right near the solenoid valve block that is quite a bit higher up than the trans bleed screw. When I replaced my accumulator this is the only bleed screw I used and was successful in getting all the air out. Maybe you’ve still got some air in the valve block.

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can only speak for the preLP but there is definitely a bleed screw right near the solenoid valve block that is quite a bit higher up than the trans bleed screw. When I replaced my accumulator this is the only bleed screw I used and was successful in getting all the air out. Maybe you’ve still got some air in the valve block.
Looking back I never posted a follow up on this. There is a LARA purge cycle for the LP and it needed to be run to get all the air out. The bleeder screw alone is simply not able to do this. Then the gears needed to be “relearned”. All is well again. Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts