Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any body know of a way to increase cubic inches on a anniversarry countach motor like bigger crank or increasing bore size if so were would u go to get theses things want to start performance work on engine

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
To be honest, forget this nonsense.

Tune the carbs well if it's a carbed car or replace the Bosch injection with a modern Motec unit.

What you can also do is replacing the cams with hotter ones (Factory option), also do the american cars have other pistons because of the lower fuel rate, but I've to check this in the spare parts manual.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
raymond said:
To be honest, forget this nonsense.

Tune the carbs well if it's a carbed car or replace the Bosch injection with a modern Motec unit.

What you can also do is replacing the cams with hotter ones (Factory option), also do the american cars have other pistons because of the lower fuel rate, but I've to check this in the spare parts manual.
wanting to build a crazy motor its injected so i know this is problem i know the marine enjines are bigger cubic inches but dont knoe were to get crank or parts for this

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
herck said:
wanting to build a crazy motor its injected so i know this is problem i know the marine enjines are bigger cubic inches but dont knoe were to get crank or parts for this
i think there is no way to use marin parts on your car, and there is no reason to

you could try hig compression pistons, special cams, modern injection, filter and sport exaust
or you could try to build a charged or turbo engine
most of these things are so expensive for a V12 you should better save your money and buy a murcie

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
You can't use any parts of the marine engine, no chance...

Install a sport exhaust f.e. Larini System's copy of the Ansa in stainless steel, replace the injection system with a motec and finally get some high compression pistons. That's what you can do if you leave the engine uncharged.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
maybe ill just look into turbo charging i guess then .love to by a murcie but all ready have this car but i cant leave well enough alone and love the countach reminds me of when i was a kid its a beast to drive im never been in a murcie im shure it probably drives wicked the countach is a fight to drive no maners but love it any ways

·
Registered
228 Posts
Don't do it!!!
Heavily modifying a Countach is a sin.
Herck check your private message.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Hi Herck,
Raymond almost banned me for just thinking about lowering a LP500S to the LP400S S1 specs...for your own sake, please don't do it ! :p
Seriously, these cars are as they are, just because, at that time, designers and technicians thought it was the right balance. 20+ years later, you should take it as it is, and for what it is. Modifying so much a Countach will surely be fun, but the car would not deserve to be called a Countcah anymore. First you'll have to deal with all other components (gear, brakes, chassis...) which may not stand so much mods and find yourself in an endless process of changing the original parts for better or modern ones, but also, once you want to sell it, you may loose a lot of money. Countach are not to be considered as good old time ''American muscle cars'', which seem to have been design for the only purpose of having weekend genious modifying it all. Countach are Italian cars, designed and made in Italy, and are much less reliable, and much more fragile than the golden years' Mustangs or Corvettes.
There are basic mods which can be made on a Countach, but are only supposed to improve cooling, ignition, insualtion...which are now too old to be reliable enough.

...just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hy guys
i've blow my countach up.....so what?
after some troubles at the beginig, runs now without any problems.
I got up to 100 hps more and its great to drive my car.
the lamboengines are not so breakable how anybody think.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I agree with Raymond.
You will get a huge smile if you can get a countach working properly. Read his thread here:
http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/showthread.php?p=20090#post20090

Countach IMHO is not properly made by the factory, yet it still is my dreamcar. If you want to make a 25th anniv CT better you can follow ALL of Raymond's mods, and if I were you I would add these:
- Engine balancing and blueprinting
- Cams
- Titanium con-rods (if available / money permits)
- Change all hoses to aeroquip ones (saves you troubles later on)
- Heat insulate the engine bay, exhaust headers,
- Better brakes, eg Movit (essentialy it is a Porsche brakes system)
- Carbon clutch
- MoTec ECU
- Last, if money permits, Cryo-treat the engine block and other parts
http://www.300degrees.com/motorsports.htm
http://www.onecryo.com/onecryo/latemodel1.htm

You will essentially have a bulletproof Countach if you do these.

Edit:
In other boards, when people ask for modifications on of the first answer they got is :
**Get into a driving school / racing school**
It's the best gift money can buy for yourself / your car. Learn about how to drive better at speed first, then modify your car.

Cheers,
Taffy

·
Registered
688 Posts
terryjoint said:
Either that is a kit car or you have made it look like one :p
...very cruel...sometimes.. :D :D ;)

·
Registered
688 Posts
Well...second thought...
It's not really what a lambo freak would call a... collectible Countach, but..I kind of like it ;) Really impressive ! Aesthetic is not that bad after all (I would have kept the 4 exhausts though..)..And, engine wise..well...again, nothing to do with a Countach, but waoowww, that must be tough :)

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
I know Mr.Lambo's Countach, we are friends in the swiss club, his car is fantastic in his own way, it's like the Rambo Lambo Countach.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
mr.lambo said:
the lamboengines are not so breakable how anybody think.
2[/IMG]
right, i have seen many turbo or charged countach and only few had big failures
basically because of too hig compression, bad made works or maintenance
p.s. i like mr.lambo's countach, the engine is wonderfull, i love the cabon parts(
where do you found it?)

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
mr.lambo said:
I make them myself...
I'ts my Job. I work at the Sauber Petronas F1 Team.
:eek: great job
let me know if you'll ever sell the air intake near the ears, or other carbon things
like these

1 - 20 of 37 Posts