Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently I started hearing some type of snapping/popping noises coming from the center console, just below the e-brake. It is constant every 2 seconds. If I hold the e-brake I can feel the vibration from the noise. Does anyone have the same problem? I only have 1600 miles. What could this be???

·
Registered
76 Posts
If it's a ticking noise coming from under the centre console, and can be felt when you have your hand on the hand brake, then it is coming from a water valve in the cooling system that is bolted to the transmission tunnel.

Nothing to worry about - this is normal. Doesn't do it all the time, and is dependent on temperatures and air-con settings etc.

Just turn the radio up, or drive faster. :)

My trusty lambo tech at my dealer is looking at remounting the valve so as to "isolate" the noise from the transmission tunnel which seems to amplify it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
clear said:
Just recently I started hearing some type of snapping/popping noises coming from the center console, just below the e-brake. It is constant every 2 seconds. If I hold the e-brake I can feel the vibration from the noise. Does anyone have the same problem? I only have 1600 miles. What could this be???
My G-car also have that sound "sometimes". I had it checked at the dealer, but seems no problem found. The sound is just coming right below the hand brake.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the info. I have a G car...I did not think that I had to mention what car as this thread is listed in the V-10 section. Anyway your help is much appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts