Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! @daniel.in.la and I just shot a video with our friend @effspot in DTLA. The cars were echoing off all the buildings (and videos don't do it justice)... but it was just so much fun and sounded like an old F1 racetrack downtown this past week one night haha :D

Thought you guys might enjoy watching.

Good flyby and in-car sound of my custom long-tube AGX Straight-Pipe setup too. We (Mark & Mitch at AGX) nailed the Kreissieg sound (which is what I wanted, just without valves):

More videos to come!

Alex

·
Registered
50 Posts
White Murci

Hi Alex
Did I hear correct that this white Murci crashed and caught fire not long after the video and is no longer amongst us?
Thanks
Ramin

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, that is incorrect. The car that crashed was an LP640 roadster (the one that burned up on the highway last week). Not my car. It was a white one though. And it is totally destroyed beyond repair.

My car is a coupe and is 100% fine.

The car that crashed can be seen in the latest Daily Driven Exotics YouTube video.

Glad to know no one was hurt in that accident!! Not sure if the owner is a member here or not though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Glad no one was hurt, also that your car is safe too. I did see that DDE video, what a great shame there were no fire extinguishers, these cars are getting rarer all the time. I have a 2005 Manual coupe and am about to convert to rear wheel drive. Have you converted yet?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Glad no one was hurt, also that your car is safe too. I did see that DDE video, what a great shame there were no fire extinguishers, these cars are getting rarer all the time. I have a 2005 Manual coupe and am about to convert to rear wheel drive. Have you converted yet?
Sounds like that car burst into flames on impact, so it might have been hard to win the battle with a fire extinguisher before enough damage was done that you would have wanted the insurance to total the car instead of fixing it.

But I have added fire extinguishers to all my cars now that I found a smaller, longer lasting alternative to pressurized fire extinguishers:

·
Super Moderator
3,154 Posts
Sounds like that car burst into flames on impact, so it might have been hard to win the battle with a fire extinguisher before enough damage was done that you would have wanted the insurance to total the car instead of fixing it.

But I have added fire extinguishers to all my cars now that I found a smaller, longer lasting alternative to pressurized fire extinguishers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBjXecsF860
This is really cool. I would've liked to see them demonstrate it on an actual fire though.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Just search Element Fire Extinguisher on YouTube. Plenty of real fire demos.

·
Registered
2004 Lamborghini Murcielago in Rosso Andromeda
602 Posts
Might have to get some of those. I carry a bottle extinguisher now.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes! I am going to order 2x the 50 second ones. Great insurance.

Thanks for showing us!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 - 17 of 17 Posts