Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
So did they pull you over for a specific reason or was it just a routine traffic stop ?

And was it in the city or somewhere else?

·
Registered
904 Posts
Got stopped by the police while driving the huracan. I wasn't really speeding.

But german police is not like others.

The worst thing is car isn't even mine, got it from Lambo dealership.

What do you recommend?
So you made up the original story? Something smells fishy here. You specifically ask what we recommend implying you were ticketed for driving without license and registration. Then you change your story about how cop is super cool, you bond over iphone pics and he lets you off no strings attached?

Either youre a drama queen trying to embellish or something legally transpired to make you change the story.

Likely on the advice of your attorney.

·
Registered
904 Posts
OP noticed you edited your original post to take out the missing license and registration.

You are a liar or following your attorney's advice.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
14,615 Posts
I am surprised it got that far, as in innocent until proven guilty. If he didn't see you commit a crime and there were no tire marks on the road???
The 2 cops were sitting in their car in a parking lot when they heard me and decided to go after me. The only citation he could give me was exhibition of speed. They do that when they can't prove you were speeding.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
The 2 cops were sitting in their car in a parking lot when they heard me and decided to go after me. The only citation he could give me was exhibition of speed. They do that when they can't prove you were speeding.
I got one of those once. In the Diablo cruising below the speed limit on city streets and the cop just wanted to see the car. No biggie.... license, registration, and proof of insurance. I was on my way after a friendly handshake. I guess it’s to be expected

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,328 Posts
OP noticed you edited your original post to take out the missing license and registration.

You are a liar or following your attorney's advice.
Dude......relax we are talking about frivolous stuff, sh*t it's just car banter. ;) Though, I was taken aback a tad as well.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,328 Posts
My friends I have a beautiful Rosso Mars Huracan in my garage, a glass of RED wine........................life is good.🍷 There are people in this world with real problems be thankful for what God has blessed you with there are many, many people in the world that are far less fortunate.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
So you made up the original story? Something smells fishy here. You specifically ask what we recommend implying you were ticketed for driving without license and registration. Then you change your story about how cop is super cool, you bond over iphone pics and he lets you off no strings attached?

Either youre a drama queen trying to embellish or something legally transpired to make you change the story.

Likely on the advice of your attorney.
Take it easy. There isn't really anything fishy. No tickets or attorneys involved neither.

The moral of the story was that german police may also be stunned by huracan sometimes. I find it cool. Didn't think it would happen.

Asking advice part wasn't really right perhaps. because when I wrote it already happened.

I'd say bad story telling :)

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,328 Posts
@MPLC, glad to hear it all worked out but inadvertently you may have gotten a few people worked up because they felt they were misled. Though, being more precise in your communications would go a long way going forward.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
@MPLC, glad to hear it all worked out but inadvertently you may have gotten a few people worked up because they felt they were misled. Though, being more precise in your communications would go a long way going forward.
Mistake from my side. My sincere apologies to everyone.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,328 Posts
No worries. I was honestly concerned about your predicament and what your legal alternatives are.
I sensed you were expressing genuine concern..........(y)

·
Registered
780 Posts
Well to be fair our cars do look fast sitting still, you just got a ticket for it. The other day I was leaving a red light and made some noise for these kids in a Jeep and yup, there was a cop coming from the other direction. He didn't stop me. I was probably around the speed limit, I just got there fast.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Shortly after buying my Lambo I attended a local car show here in small town NC. I made very good time getting there and had just parked when 2 officers showed up and walked directly over to me with very stern looks on their faces. They commented on how the car looked like it was speeding even when it was parked. I was waiting for the lecture and a possible ticket. They both started to grin then told me they had seen my car earlier in the week and took selfies with it. After some good car banter one identified himself as the chief of police, gave me his business card and told me to call if I ever needed assistance.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,328 Posts
Shortly after buying my Lambo I attended a local car show here in small town NC. I made very good time getting there and had just parked when 2 officers showed up and walked directly over to me with very stern looks on their faces. They commented on how the car looked like it was speeding even when it was parked. I was waiting for the lecture and a possible ticket. They both started to grin then told me they had seen my car earlier in the week and took selfies with it. After some good car banter one identified himself as the chief of police, gave me his business card and told me to call if I ever needed assistance.
Great story! I always support our local law enforcement and in the vast majority of cases they are hard working decent people dedicated to the mission of keeping us safe.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I once got pulled over in the G doing 125 in a 45 at 2AM in FL...with 2 tipsy girls in the passenger seat from the club (unbuckled of course). When the cop approached, he got a big smile on his face, looked in the car, and fist bumped me.

I notified him of my Glock in the glove box and handed him my info. After about 15 minutes running my info, he walks back and says "I've got to give you ticket for 99 in a 45 so I don't have to impound the car". I said thank you so much! As he walked away he said "And you girls should wear your seat belt. Have a great night". It's a 2 seater, mind you.

I put my lawyer on the case and got it dismissed for $350 court fees! I don't know how they do it.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts