Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got stopped by the police while driving the huracan. I wasn't really speeding.

But german police is not like others.

The worst thing is car isn't even mine, got it from Lambo dealership.

What do you recommend?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
What was the infraction?
In the states police need probable cause like speeding to stop you. Then they write a ticket. Does not matter who is the owner of the car as long as you can prove you are legally eligible to drive the car and it’s not stollen. Proof of identification and insurance needed.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
14,710 Posts
One thing that we know for sure, it is illegal to drive a car without a valid drivers license. If it is a dealer owned car you can probably get out of the no registration.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,464 Posts
Not sure what the fines/penalties are like in Germany but would an attorney be appropriate to see if it can be pleaded down. I once had a speeding ticket plead down to improper equipment......got to love those lawyers and it cost me a total of $500 which included the traffic fine of $250. I didn't have to appear in court, and no insurance problems either........(y)

·
Registered
69 Posts
In FL we have a one time mulligan you can use if you get caught speeding. By going to online driving school you can get the points erased.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,464 Posts
In FL we have a one time mulligan you can use if you get caught speeding. By going to online driving school you can get the points erased.
Now the rest of the story I was going quite a bit north of 15mph over the posted speed limit and in North Carolina that is a Class 2 misdemeanor. Needless to say it was the best $500 I ever spent.

·
Premium Member
14,710 Posts
I got a ticker for “ Exhibition of speed “ which was a misdemeanor“. Fortunately it was in my AWD Huracan and I proved that my car was incapable of doing what the office said. I even brouget a video of a launch and the tires stuck like glue to the road.

I was accused of spinning the back tires and going all over the road. The officer never even saw me he just heard me I made those assumptions and chased me down. The only thing he could say before was exhibition of speed because he had no idea how fast I was going. It cost me $500 for an attorney and another 200 to get it expunged from my record.

Reactions: wthensler

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,464 Posts
The bottom line is the legal expense saved me money in the long run.

·
Premium Member
14,710 Posts
I know one thing for sure, I didn’t wanna misdemeanor on my record for something I didn’t even do. I was in low gear and the revs were high and the noise was loud, but I sure didn’t do what he said..

·
Registered
791 Posts
I got a ticker for “ Exhibition of speed “ which was a misdemeanor“. Fortunately it was in my AWD Huracan and I proved that my car was incapable of doing what the office said. I even brouget a video of a launch and the tires stuck like glue to the road.

I was accused of spinning the back tires and going all over the road. The officer never even saw me he just heard me I made those assumptions and chased me down. The only thing he could say before was exhibition of speed because he had no idea how fast I was going. It cost me $500 for an attorney and another 200 to get it expunged from my record.
I am surprised it got that far, as in innocent until proven guilty. If he didn't see you commit a crime and there were no tire marks on the road???

·
Registered
791 Posts
Have you ever been pulled over and the cop was so mad, as in red-n-the-face-spitting-mad? I have, twice, both times I was driving my truck. One gave me a ticket(Austin) the other let me go(New Mexico somewhere).

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,464 Posts
Have you ever been pulled over and the cop was so mad, as in red-n-the-face-spitting-mad? I have, twice, both times I was driving my truck. One gave me a ticket(Austin) the other let me go(New Mexico somewhere).
What did you do run over their feet? 🤣

·
Registered
69 Posts
Passed a cop In my truck on 211 in VA. This was 12:30 at night - no one else on the road. He was in the fast lane, me in the slow, I nudged up beside him, and as soon as my rear bumper cleared his....POW! Lights on, pulled over. This guy was PISSED! I’d had the audacity to challenge his authority (his words).

Screamed at me and issued me a ticket for 57 in a 55, which I contested.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Passed a cop In my truck on 211 in VA. This was 12:30 at night - no one else on the road. He was in the fast lane, me in the slow, I nudged up beside him, and as soon as my rear bumper cleared his....POW! Lights on, pulled over. This guy was PISSED! I’d had the audacity to challenge his authority (his words).

that guy was having a bad day

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,464 Posts
Our last interaction with LEO was quite good. My wife obey's 99.9% of all traffic laws always coming to a full stop at stop signs but whenever she strays she get caught. It's as predictable as law of gravity. She decided to make a U-turn in a restricted area and we get less than 100 feet from said turn and the police came up right behind us. The officer was very polite and asked did she realize why she was pulled over and she acts like the innocent lamb and he advises us to be careful and off we go...........the female discount strikes again. That and it doesn't hurt to have specialty license plates. ;)

·
Registered
791 Posts

You got pulled over for going 2mph over??? Maybe your truck looked like his ex's boyfriend/girlfriends truck.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
All right all right, the title and the text sounded a bit dramatic, I must confess. And thank you all the cool advice, the story is a bit different though.

I actually managed to get away.

I had a nice try of the EVO RWD for the last couple of days. Great car. Nice slides. I may write more about it.

I suddenly noticed the blue flashing lights in the rear mirror. Now the coupe's rear visibility is terrible. So I don't know how long they have been there.

I also remembered that I don't have my backpack with me. I had the docs of the dealer including registration papers and my wallet in it. Not good to sit inside a lambo in the middle of the night where my current appearance with corona hair&beard is not the image i need right now especially when not having any papers or id.

The police came to the car looking a bit suspicious at me with pointing his flashlight and trying to see inside the car.

He asked me for my license and registration. Asked me if this is my car.

I told him this is not my car and mine actually looks nicer. He was a bit surprised. Perhaps not an answer he is used to.

I said let me show you officer. Then we looked at the photos on my iphone. Arancio borealis really looks cool. he said does top open. I said yes it is a cabrio. All girls look at it.

He said this one looks much better. How much did you pay for it.

Then we had a short conversation. At one point he asked me to open the door of the huracan. This got me surprised. I said do you want me to get out of the car. He said no just open the door.

He said he was very curious how the door opens upwards. I said no this one doesn't have it. Little bit of more chat, and they let me go.

Now, they forgot to check the license and the registration. And I didn't get a fine. But the butterfly doors broke my heart.

End of story.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,464 Posts
@MPLC, hmmmmmmmmm we thought there was cause for alarm. So in the end you were pulling our collective leg.🦵 or 🍗

1 - 20 of 39 Posts