Lamborghini Talk banner
61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
someone today in one of my chats said buy the dip.

bro its been dipping for the last 6 months, at this point you can’t lose
Cramer has been pounding the buy, buy BUY!!! table for the last couple months . Does he honestly think anyone has any more money if they took his advice????

CNBC must have a great CGI department… as I can’t see the cast on his broken hand

·
Registered
2022 Blu Cepheus Urus
23 Posts
So...what about these cars? do you buy, hold, or sell?
There are just as many reasons to bail as there are to buy now (the right ones). Not even so much to make money but to hedge from not losing your shirt.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
My son is in university and has invested his money well. This month however, he lost $40k and has been very depressed. Good learning experience for him I guess :LOL:
The number one trait of a great investor is… being stubborn. Being a pit bull on your convictions. Don’t get flushed out of positions… averaging down is an investor’s best friend. Remember to tell him, “invest in what you know, not what people tell you”. Every year he should keep putting cash into his account. I used to put 10-20% of my paycheck into my brokerage. Like clockwork, irrelevant of the beatings I used to take.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
20,998 Posts
I started playing with the TQQQ and it has been so much fun up until 6 consecutive down days. The bounce back today was nice, but far from repairing the damage done since Monday.

·
Registered
180 Posts
You guys have a lot of fun on this page!

I too, have been keeping most of my $$$ under the pillow, but after spending a few days researching GFS (GlobalFoundires) I broke down and bought a bunch at 46. Keeping my fingers crossed,... Only bad thing is Cramer likes it,...

·
Premium Member
20,998 Posts

I too, have been keeping most of my $$$ under the pillow, but after spending a few days researching GFS (GlobalFoundires) I broke down and bought a bunch at 46. Keeping my fingers crossed,... Only bad thing is Cramer likes it,...
I enjoy Cramer and signed up for his investing club.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts

Word of caution about goflo

they are in an intense capex industry. They acquired AMDs factories. That move allowed AMD to focus on design not factories. Got AMD out of bankruptcy.
GoFlo competes against all the cellphone manufacturers (TSM & Samsung). Brutal business if you don’t have volume contracts.

if you think the semi space will rebound, micron and NVidia are better bets(higher Cigma)

·
Premium Member
20,998 Posts
I have been looking to take a position in OXLC which has a 13% dividend. I know it sounds crazy but I think this might have merit. Like everything else it is trading at a huge discount now and still paying that dividend.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Word of caution about goflo

they are in an intense capex industry. They acquired AMDs factories. That move allowed AMD to focus on design not factories. Got AMD out of bankruptcy.
GoFlo competes against all the cellphone manufacturers (TSM & Samsung). Brutal business if you don’t have volume contracts.

if you think the semi space will rebound, micron and NVidia are better bets(higher Cigma)
Thank Angel, I truly appreciate! You too, GH0st0!

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I have been looking to take a position in OXLC which has a 13% dividend. I know it sounds crazy but I think this might have merit. Like everything else it is trading at a huge discount now and still paying that dividend.
Juicy dividends… but what a hard sell to investors “The fund primarily invests in securitization vehicles which in turn invest in senior secured loans made to companies whose debt is rated below investment grade or is unrated.”

yikes.
It would be interesting to see a pareto of all of its investments.

61 - 80 of 98 Posts