Lamborghini Talk banner

41 - 60 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have the CDN pricing so in Canada the car is around $405k with freight.

With the basic options like free paint, black wheels, sport seats, lift, few exterior carbon options like the wing and interior trim in colour you're in the $450k range.

If you want a paint outside of white and black, full exterior carbon, full interior carbon, contrast package, sticker package you're pushing close to $480k. Add the gold wheels and you're hitting $500k. Yes, $500k for a Huracan.

The STO will not be cheap, in fact I predict most US STOs will easily be in the $380k-$400k range. Some STOs will probably be well over this when you add AdP paints and AdP interiors.

Just a word of caution to anyone spec'ing a STO, go easy on the options. The big unknown right now is MY22 production, Lamborghini could keep allocation limited or they can double or even triple production which means overly spec'd STOs will take a massive hit in depreciation.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Lamborghini will sell as many STOs as there are orders within the time frame which will run until the hybrid models are available.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
14,615 Posts
Lamborghini will sell as many STOs as there are orders within the time frame which will run until the hybrid models are available.
[/QUOTE]

Absolutely, that is what they are in business to do. They will just keep making them to meet the demand as they should.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Good news for any prospective owner that wants one. Bad for resale. Following Ferrari's lead with the Pista.

765 LT will be more limited and numbered.

·
Registered
927 Posts
765 LT limited to 765 units. Coupes have been sold out for some time. I believe the STO should have followed the same strategy. Keeps resale values higher and makes the car more special.

·
Registered
Current: SVJ, Pista, Urus, G80 M3 | Previous: 610, 580, Performante, Aventador
1,052 Posts
The 765LT will drop like a rock. Mclaren is a lost cause, they're building too many models so these limited editions have no value.

The Pista production is well over 5,000, I've taken a sizable hit with my car but I'm keeping it forever. No way STO will ever reach Pista numbers and I doubt the STO will eclipse Perf numbers. I think STO production will be around 1000-1200 cars based on allocation dealers have received for MY21/22.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
765 LT limited to 765 units. Coupes have been sold out for some time. I believe the STO should have followed the same strategy. Keeps resale values higher and makes the car more special.
The 765LT will be like the 675LT and like every other Mclaren LE, iIt'll drop. It's a great marketing gimmick, make number limited and get people to think the car will hold value. Few months later they come out with another special edition.

The days of LE supercars going up in value are gone. Manufacturers are pumping out too many models. The early STO owners will probably be OK if they flip within 6 months, after that all bets are off.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Depreciation is simply inherent in the ownership with all regular production cars. Some depreciate more steeply than others. Spending mid 6 figures for a car is not a fiscally prudent purchase. Buy the car that strikes your fancy and enjoy it.
It is highly probable that the F8, STO and 765LT will be the last of pure ICE super cars. That alone should solidify their place of desirability.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Good news for any prospective owner that wants one. Bad for resale. Following Ferrari's lead with the Pista.

765 LT will be more limited and numbered.
IF I was to get one of these I would buy it used. Someone is going to get it and realize it is a very focused car and not want it anymore. The downside to used is the obvious, I can't spec it. Really not a big deal I didn't spec my current car.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
IF I was to get one of these I would buy it used. Someone is going to get it and realize it is a very focused car and not want it anymore. The downside to used is the obvious, I can't spec it. Really not a big deal I didn't spec my current car.
You'll probably a pay premium for the first year as well.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Same. When I buy used, the cars are more loaded and higher specced than if I were to spec them myself. My 580 had an MSRP over $260K and another $10K in laser jammer/tint/ceramic coating. When I specced my 458, Ferrari options were/are so ridiculous I got the the "must have" options with minimal fluff just to keep the cost from getting outrageous. I've found going lightly used, one owner, low mileage that I'm getting more bang for the buck.

Good thing is I love my loaded 580 so no rush going to HP, EVO RWD or STO.

·
Registered
168 Posts
My Performante coupe had tons of AdP and the total came out to $389k CDN. I sold my car 2 years later for $320k. Friend of mine spec'd his Perf around the same time. He went with white and literally no options and his car came out to $330k. I told him he was nuts because no would buy a no option Perf, boy was I wrong. He sold his car for $325k a year later. Moral of the story, don't over spec.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Did they mention numbers planned for production? I may have missed it.
No numbers, it's a 2 year production but limited production for the first year.

You can average out how many allocations each dealer is getting to get a general idea how many cars will be coming to NA. The number I heard was around 500 total for NA.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Don’t overspec if you care about value. That‘s pretty much the case for any of these cars. McLaren gets hit especially hard with this.

Personally, I will probably hang on to the STO for a long time. It’s likely the last NA V10 Lamborghini will ever make, or any super car manufacturer will make. So, I’m not really worried about resale and will probably spec it to my heart’s content.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I love that Lambo is making a stripped out road racer. I foresee this winning many car of the years, they won't be making cars like this much longer. It is a downward trajectory via turbos, heavy hybrids, gpf's and under ever increasing noise regulations until we are only left with quiet and souless electric cars.

I'm sticking with the rwd spyder but if I had a different stable then the STO would make an amazing addition. For me Verde Scandal with no highlights looks best

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
14,615 Posts
Now that looks incredible! Great color and design.

Reactions: nickorette
41 - 60 of 145 Posts