Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 41 of 145 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
14,615 Posts
Front Lift is included so it is not an option - it is standard.
That makes sense as this car will come in at a higher $ point.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,328 Posts
Didn't watch the reveal, so did they mention pricing?

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
14,615 Posts
Only weighs 95lbs less... That’s the most disappointing aspect about the new car.
Yes, I thought it was going to be 300 pounds lighter. They stripped everything out of it but added a lot of aero.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Performante is still looking mighty attractive. 350k USD is a pretty penny for a car with no trunk space at all
Yeah...I agree. And when it comes right down to it, I don’t know whether I‘ll be able to let the Performante go. To my eye, the STO is better looking, but that is where the advantages stop. Sure it weighs 95 lbs less, but it‘s much slower accelerating (0-124mph is 9.0 seconds versus 8.3 in the Performante or even sub-7.0 seconds in the new 765LT) and obviously more expensive. It won’t be especially limited. Again, beautiful car, but I might struggle to give up my Performante and $125-150,000. I suppose if running the car on the track is your intended purpose, this car would make more sense.

·
Registered
38 Posts
For some reason the 765LT just doesn't excite me like i thought it would. I already have a 600LT and to be honest feel that the 765LT just isn't different enough. Sure, the specs on paper are great, but I'm not sure it would translate into a much better driving experience. I also have a GT3/RS, which sounds amazing. I've always wanted a V10 Lambo and I think this is the ticket. It will be a good variety to drive. I can see if I already had a Performante how this might be not as exciting though.

·
Registered
Current: SVJ, Pista, Urus, G80 M3 | Previous: 610, 580, Performante, Aventador
1,052 Posts
I don't think you can compare the Performante with the STO. I put my order in for the Perf after the LA preview event and was the first ones to get the car. I used mine as a DD and it was brilliant to drive but it didn't feel special to me. It was just a normal Huracan with a few aero mods and I always felt it was missing the WOW factor.

If you dig deeper into the STO you'll realize there's a lot of new features that we haven't seen on any other road legal Lamborghini model. New brakes, magnesium wheels, functioning roof scoop, calm shell bonnet, carbon body panels and the list goes on. Compare the STO to the GT BS and the 765lt and it's a bargain and it'll have lower production numbers compared to the GT BS. I really can't find any negatives about the STO.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Also, another bit of info. In Shmee's video (iirc) he said the STO was 2sec faster around Daytona than the Perf. That's a pretty big difference. Clearly the car isn't meant for just straight line performance, but track performance. And when it comes down to it, for my personal taste, I put more stock in the overall experience of a car than the numbers on paper. Many of the things listed by Huracaan above I think add to the experience of this car and I think will make it special to drive and own.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Notice that STO torque has reduced from 443 lb-ft to 417 lb-ft . Wonder if that translates to less acceleration/fun on the street.

·
Registered
Current: SVJ, Pista, Urus, G80 M3 | Previous: 610, 580, Performante, Aventador
1,052 Posts
Notice that STO torque has reduced from 443 lb-ft to 417 lb-ft . Wonder if that translates to less acceleration/fun on the street.
New driving modes via the Lamborghini Veicolo Dinamica Integrata (LDVI) puts down power better.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Torque was reduced to deal with traction issues due to RWD. For whatever reason, Lamborghini does not do as well with wheel spin upon launch compared to Ferrari and Mclaren which launch comparable to AWD. STO drag times will be compromised compared to the tenacious grip of the Performante.

21 - 41 of 145 Posts