Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, Lamborghini changed my STO order without letting me know. I ordered the Magnesium wheels and now all the sudden my order got updated to the aluminum wheels. You can’t even configure the STO with mags anymore. Anyone have info on this? I rather wait and get what I ordered. Will call Lamborghini tomorrow about this.

·
Registered
17' SV Roadster, Performante Spyder X2, STO (inbound), Ferrari 458 Spyder,
392 Posts
Same thing I was told today by my SA he said they were having QC issues and no longer offer them.

·
Registered
123 Posts
This happened months ago. Those of us with early orders were told. I have correspondence from Lamborghini that my car ships with aluminum and will be changed to Magnesium as soon as available. Supply issue several months ago.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This happened months ago. Those of us with early orders were told. I have correspondence from Lamborghini that my car ships with aluminum and will be changed to Magnesium as soon as available. Supply issue several months ago.
I would be ok with this. I'm trying to confirm that.

·
Registered
17' SV Roadster, Performante Spyder X2, STO (inbound), Ferrari 458 Spyder,
392 Posts
My local Lamborghini sales associate just got off the phone with the rep for the entire North American continent as he speaks to him everyday and confirmed that the Magnesium wheels are not currently available because of quality control issues and they're not holding up to the standards that Lamborghini has for them.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My local Lamborghini sales associate just got off the phone with the rep for the entire North American continent as he speaks to him everyday and confirmed that the Magnesium wheels are not currently available because of quality control issues and they're not holding up to the standards that Lamborghini has for them.
does that mean we still pay for it and it’ll ship later? Or will they force us to pick the aluminum wheels and give us a price reduction because of the SC pack?

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I doubt they'll ship the wheels after the fact and it's very likely they'll discontinue the mag wheels.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That would be very disappointing. :( I wonder how they will handle credit back money for the order.

·
Registered
123 Posts
If you got it as part of the SC pack it should be $15,500 or around that off the MSRP. That’s the cost listed in the order guide when ordered with the Sc pack. If ordered as a stand alone it was $16,800 or around there.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok I got an update from my rep. The wheels I'm getting with the car will be temporary. The magnesium wheels will arrive at a later date. When they arrive they will take back the aluminum wheels and swap the mags on. So Mags will eventually deliver later.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Ok I got an update from my rep. The wheels I'm getting with the car will be temporary. The magnesium wheels will arrive at a later date. When they arrive they will take back the aluminum wheels and swap the mags on. So Mags will eventually deliver later.
I've never heard of the factory sending out wheels after a car has been delivered. I would get this in writing from not only your dealer but Lamborghini North America.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I've never heard of the factory sending out wheels after a car has been delivered. I would get this in writing from not only your dealer but Lamborghini North America.
I believe Ferrari did this with the Pista when they had early supply issues with carbon wheels.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well my info comes from my Lamborghini sales rep saying that is what Lamborghini is telling him.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My understanding is that the car will come with black rims and when the magnesium arrive they will swap them out at no cost.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Maybe not relevant but Litespeed Racing in California makes badass magnesium wheels for $8-10k a set. Getting a set for my RWD EVO.

20s are around 17lbs. 19s around 16lbs.
never heard of them, like to see if anyone has run them yet and proven quality?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts