Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well the STO being a track focused car, doesn’t have the option for upgraded sound system. Therefore the simple solution to enhance the audio with the given wattage from the infotainment system was to find a good speaker that wasn’t rated too high wattage, but not super cheap low wattage either, I tried three different sets of speakers and found the Focal brand to be a perfect speaker for loudness, clarity, and sound. The model is either a Focal Iss200/or iSU200(newer). The factory speaker is an 8inch midrange speaker and tweeter in dash. Just swap these out and it sounds so much better! Here are some
Pics of the factory speaker and the speakers I installed . You can get adapter for vw 8 inch speaker on eBay. Happy audio listening.
Grey Font Material property Silver Rectangle

Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior Rim Bumper

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Plant

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Might need to try this out. Thanks.
Just make sure to install the passive inline crossover for the tweeter that comes with it….as the factory one also has one on the speaker itself. Otherwise those lil tweeter will turn to fairy dust. Lol I learned the hard way, lolol

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you! It the easiest door panel I have ever removed. Star bolt inside handle strap, loosen that apart. And pry the panel off with something none marring. Goes on very easy. Done it so many times.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,529 Posts
I wonder if you purchased the speakers + adapter X2 if the dealership would install them prior to delivery. This is the newer version........

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,529 Posts
Just make sure to install the passive inline crossover for the tweeter that comes with it….as the factory one also has one on the speaker itself. Otherwise those lil tweeter will turn to fairy dust. Lol I learned the hard way, lolol
Help me out, passive inline crossover?

·
Premium Member
1,075 Posts
There is a factory amp with one huge signal (essentially one plug), and we use the passive crossover to split the huge signal into two or more signals to go into the tweeters. It can also be used to reduce the huge signal (unwanted freq) to avoid frying tweeters with different / lower freqs.

I think maybe just bring the STO to an audio shop since the dealer isn't exactly an expert in installing audio systems. It's just a straight out replacement with tiny crossover device. The dealers may outsource the work to their local audio shops which in this case shouldn't be problem.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,529 Posts
There is a factory amp with one huge signal (essentially one plug), and we use the passive crossover to split the huge signal into two or more signals to go into the tweeters. It can also be used to reduce the huge signal (unwanted freq) to avoid frying tweeters with different / lower freqs.

I think maybe just bring the STO to an audio shop since the dealer isn't exactly an expert in installing audio systems. It's just a straight out replacement with tiny crossover device. The dealers may outsource the work to their local audio shops which in this case shouldn't be problem.
Thanks my friend. I will run that by my SA and see if they can have a local shop handle it. Though, I would prefer, if possible, to have the dealership handle any required disassembly of the STO.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It’s a small capacitor that comes with the speakers. I tossed it to the side and ran it straight. But after I blew a set of tweeters I looked closer at the factory tweeter and realized there is a small crossover in the tweeter . That acts as a filter for it. In-line meaning it goes inline of the speaker wire , comes with the speakers. . I installed a new set of tweeters with the crossover it came with and it was golden. Again it comes with the speakers. A wire for each speaker that has a small diode/crossover in the wire. This is necessary for the tweeter. The door speaker was fine without it as the factory door speaker doesn’t have one inline or on the speaker itself.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks my friend. I will run that by my SA and see if they can have a local shop handle it. Though, I would prefer, if possible, to have the dealership handle any required disassembly of the STO.
Give me a holler when your ready. I can easily walk you thru it or bring it over and we can hammer it out real quick. It’s super easy.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It’s literally as easy as popping off the door ones which is the easiest door panel I have ever removed. Take apart the strap, pull off the panel. And disconnect one wire for the pull strap, and one plug to the small brain in door. It comes off easy as that. And install is just as easy.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Same offer stand for oil changes?
Sure, I do those also, easy. Just 50 fasteners, three panels, 8 drain plugs. Lolol

it’s actually not that bad at all and saves me so much money, I also have the software to reset the interval . So yea. We can get an oil change done. I use all oem filters, crush washers, and oil

·
Registered
96 Posts
What about to tweeter in the dash? Was that as easy as the midrange driver in the door?

For the speakers, definitely match the impedance and power rating, but look for a higher sensitivity level. This is what will give you the louder more bright audio sound. Focal is a great brand though. Not surprised at all they sounded good.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What’s crazy is the stock tweeter is 8 ohm and the door is 4ohm. Putting a set of matching 4 ohm midrange and door speaker kicks down the overall ohm impedance down maybe a point, therefore not only is the tweeter slightly louder and better matched to the door, but the over all output volume is slightly higher . Not sure if this is the speaker, the slight decrease in ohm load or combination of both. But it work very well. The bass is not as great as I would like but the overall sound and clarity and volume is much much more enhanced. Yes the tweeter is not bad. There are three screws holding down the factory tweeter under the cover. Unscrew the factory tweeter , use it housing to secure your new one. Done!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The factory door speaker is a 4 ohm 20watt paper speaker. With a magnet the size of a quarter, lol but again this is a track focused car. All about light weight. No Amps, no extra speakers, enough for voice
Command and some slight music. That’s what it’s designed for. So I wanted to keep it simple and not over do the audio. This works very well with just a speaker swap

·
Registered
123 Posts
I know the factory tweeters are 8 ohms 10 watts. Door speakers are 4 ohms 20 watts.
The focal tweeters are 4 ohms tweeters and will draw twice as much power from the stereo. Can this overheat or burn out the stereo?

Just a FYI. The sensorum tweeters are 4 ohms 20 watts. Door speakers are 8 ohms 100 watts.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts