Lamborghini Talk banner
221 - 240 of 335 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Well, yours has to be before mine. Mine was November with a March build date. Did you have a lot of Ad Personam options ordered?
I have special paint otherwise its pretty straightforward. My race car got pushed as well, it was supposed to be November 2021 but now maybe March.

·
Registered
154 Posts
They could and would not submit a spec/Build code unless there was an allocation, and if the SA claimed they submitted it without said allocation I think they were being less than honest with the customer.
This practice may differ dealer to dealer...I do believe some dealers would submit a spec/build code just to get it in the system.

I've been told it reflects favorably on the dealer to have extra orders waiting. This way if an extra allocation pops up, Lambo HQ knows which dealers have high interest and may bless them with it.

I personally don't believe order in =good to go on an allocation. Will probably vary by dealer.
Why would a dealer submit a spec (thereby getting someone’s hopes up) for an allocation that doesn‘t exist? Especially in the uncertainty of the STO? How would Lamborghini HQ view this practice?
For the reason above (more orders = dealer looks more favorable if extra allocations come) but also because there is always a chance someone backs out. There is a chance 1-2 extra allocations do pop up (i.e. if the dealer orders a Super Trofeo, I believe they get a STO allocation) so essentially they are being hopeful. They could also prefer to get you into the system knowing that they may want to offer you a Technica or something else if STO doesn't' work out.

·
Registered
195 Posts
You must have a lot going on! Allocation month is like the birth of a child to me. Don’t think I’ll ever forget the month of either!! 🤣🤣🤣
I ordered several cars recently so I need to go back and check. The one I am hell bent on receiving is my GTS which should be here in a month or two fingers crossed.

·
Registered
598 Posts
They could and would not submit a spec/Build code unless there was an allocation, and if the SA claimed they submitted it without said allocation I think they were being less than honest with the customer.
Not to throw anyone under the bus, but this is inconsistent with some of the statements above.

At least Ferrari has been consistent. You could place a deposit, but are not guaranteed an allocation (happened to me). If you get an allocation, you are ‘guaranteed‘ a car (happened to me).

But the waiting times vary for allocation spots (I’m sure I got pushed back a bit), and build times (factory closing for summer).

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
11,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #225 ·
Not to throw anyone under the bus, but this is inconsistent with some of the statements above.

At least Ferrari has been consistent. You could place a deposit, but are not guaranteed an allocation (happened to me). If you get an allocation, you are ‘guaranteed‘ a car (happened to me).

But the waiting times vary for allocation spots (I’m sure I got pushed back a bit), and build times (factory closing for summer).
I guess it differs between brands and dealerships. Though, Charlotte doesn't fly that way but live and learn.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I ordered several cars recently so I need to go back and check. The one I am hell bent on receiving is my GTS which should be here in a month or two fingers crossed.
If you’re talking about the 812 GTS, there’s one that got away from me. Dealer said that allocations were full but I could place deposit in the hopes more might open up. I said to myself ‘why would I do that’? (though at the time I wasn’t as enamored with them as I’ve become lately).

You can guess the rest of the story.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Lol, some of this dealer talk is making my head hurt.

Maybe the US dealers play too many games but up here in Canada it's pretty simple. Dealer gets total allocations, they assign each allocation to a customer. They spec the car, wait for the allocation to come through and submit the order. If all allocations are spoken for they don't accept any deposits or put anyone on the list.

No idea why some US dealers play so many games when they all know how many allocations they've received.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
11,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #228 ·
Lol, some of this dealer talk is making my head hurt.

Maybe the US dealers play too many games but up here in Canada it's pretty simple. Dealer gets total allocations, they assign each allocation to a customer. They spec the car, wait for the allocation to come through and submit the order. If all allocations are spoken for they don't accept any deposits or put anyone on the list.

No idea why some US dealers play so many games when they all know how many allocations they've received.
Charlotte dealership is the same way. When they have an allocation in hand they marry said allocation up with the next person in line and then the order is submitted.

Reactions: NeedMoreCoffee

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
11,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #231 ·
Repost:

I heard the pricing on the STO has gone up so, does anyone have a current option/pricing guide. Has the base price gone up of late too?

·
Registered
195 Posts
If you’re talking about the 812 GTS, there’s one that got away from me. Dealer said that allocations were full but I could place deposit in the hopes more might open up. I said to myself ‘why would I do that’? (though at the time I wasn’t as enamored with them as I’ve become lately).

You can guess the rest of the story.
My deposit was placed March of 2020 so it will be 2 years from deposit to delivery. I didn't get an actual allocation until late summer last year. This one will also he a keeper, I'm really looking forward to it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Dealers will often take deposits from others even though allocations are spoken for just in case someone drops or the factory rewards them with a blue bird. As long as they are upfront, I don't see an issue.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
11,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #235 ·
What are the best colors for the STO without using a contrast color?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
11,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #236 ·
My STO order was entered into LOOM today and is validated now I am waiting on an allocation. Chase told me I am next in line, fingers crossed either tomorrow or Monday if not February......I hope, I hope.
FYI, the pricing has not changed for either the base price or the options which for those still waiting to place their order should be welcomed news. I will post when the order is submitted but if it's in the next couple of days I am looking at June/July delivery baring any shipping issues.............more to follow.

Attachments

Reactions: Milazzo and Cadster

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
Couple of things that don’t make sense.……several here have posted their dealer has told them no more allocations for STO, so why would a dealer say that to a customer if it weren’t the case?

Why would a dealer submit a spec (thereby getting someone’s hopes up) for an allocation that doesn‘t exist? Especially in the uncertainty of the STO? How would Lamborghini HQ view this practice?

Sorry, tough questions, but I’m beginning to think I don’t understand a darn thing about it.

And yes, Albert did nominate me as new kid on the block.
I asked my Atlanta SA this week about STO allocations and was told they sold out their allocation in 24 hours in November 2020.

·
Registered
220 Posts
My STO order was entered into LOOM today and is validated now I am waiting on an allocation. Chase told me I am next in line, fingers crossed either tomorrow or Monday if not February......I hope, I hope.
FYI, the pricing has not changed for either the base price or the options which for those still waiting to place their order should be welcomed news. I will post when the order is submitted but if it's in the next couple of days I am looking at June/July delivery baring any shipping issues.............more to follow.
Congrats! Now comes one of the longest 6 months of your life…

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
11,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #239 ·
Congrats! Now comes one of the longest 6 months of your life…
I know it just seems like forever but then again maybe it is. :ROFLMAO:

221 - 240 of 335 Posts