Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone verify what I am noticing. In STO mode on the 2021 it is very quiet at idle. Valves closed.

2022 STO valves stay open in idle, much louder overall in STO mode but still subtle as they close at 2k - 4500k or there about.

anyone else notice this difference in sound between a 2021 and 2022 in the normal STO mode. ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
are you implying the 22 STO will behave like an EVO when it comes to valves being open all of the time in the most aggressive mode? i really hope so!

·
Registered
271 Posts
are you implying the 22 STO will behave like an EVO when it comes to valves being open all of the time in the most aggressive mode? i really hope so!
No, that's not what he said.
On 22 STO the valves open when in idle or driving below 10mph but close after that until you reach ~4500rpm.

I don't know how the 21 STO behaves, i don't think there are that many STOs built before 08/21 ..

·
Premium Member
17' SV Roadster, Performante Spyder X2, STO (inbound), Ferrari 458 Spyder,
588 Posts
Interested to see if others have noted the same thing. This would be big deal. Out of curiosity does anyone know if a company that does tunes to Lamborghini's would have the ability to rewrite the code to mimic the valve opening on a Performante or Evo?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, that's not what he said.
On 22 STO the valves open when in idle or driving below 10mph but close after that until you reach ~4500rpm.

I don't know how the 21 STO behaves, i don't think there are that many STOs built before 08/21 ..
Wonderful, exactly what I had noticed also on 22. Thank you

·
Registered
20 Giallo Auge Urus | 2021 Verde Scandal SVJ | 2021 STO Arancio Atlas/Verde Mantis
329 Posts
My 21 in STO mode valves “sounds like” they close after a minute or 2 at idol. When you switch it into Trofeo at idol valves stay open I believe.
1-5 gear vale’s stay close until after 4500
6th gear in Trofeo valves open at 3000
Never not sure about the under 10mph. Will try and figure it out during the weekend. Weather permitting.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My 21 in STO mode valves “sounds like” they close after a minute or 2 at idol. When you switch it into Trofeo at idol valves stay open I believe.
1-5 gear vale’s stay close until after 4500
6th gear in Trofeo valves open at 3000
Never not sure about the under 10mph. Will try and figure it out during the weekend. Weather permitting.
Exactly what I noticed also.

Thank you all for checking on this. It’s seems to verify what I am seeing also. 21 is quieter in STO mode as valves are closed at idle after warm up, where as 22 stay open at idle and close up at 2k.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Bottom line it looks like an exhaust valve controller is the solution. Unless you're satisfied with stock as delivered.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts