Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah so I STILL haven't managed to sell my car yet. I know it's a bad time of the year to sell a car, but it's a great time of year to buy a bike. I've been trying for MONTHS to sell my car to get the bike I want but to no avail! I cannot seem to sell this thing. I mean nothing is wrong with the car at ALL and what I'm selling with it and for it for the price I don't see how people can complain?

Any strategies when selling a car speaking from experience anyone? This is my first time selling one of my cars, well... a car period.. So I have obviously no experience doing so, as long as I can get my money out of it and get my bike I'm happy but so far nothing. Any ideas?

·
Registered
959 Posts
What kind of car is it? Can you post some pics?
If its the one in your avater - People might not like the stripe look, that would probably be the main reason.

·
Banned
0 Posts
I might be interested. My son's b-day is around the corner. Send some pics and prices, and I'll look into it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No the one in my avatar is my daily and my autocross car. It's a 1978 Mustang II Ghia. Most people hate the II's but this was my first car, it's always been garaged, I took immaculate care of it and never let it get beyond the condition I restored it to. I was going to drop a 4 speed tranny in it, get a new back end and bring the 302 I bought for it up to 350 horse but all that I wanted to do to modify it into the car I want would be very expensive and I just want a bike instead.. But I'm selling the car, the other engine, extra set of tires I got when I bought it and the cover for it. $1700.

Details on the car - the stock engine in it which is a new engine with about 15k miles is a 2.3 and that little engine is running strong as ever, but I'm selling the 5.0 with it. The 5.0 is sitting on a stand, needs cleaned up but was pulled from a '65 Mustang (the actual year of the engine is '78 though, same year of the car) when we pulled the engine it ran just fine, he said it had hard miles on the 5.0 so it'll need a rebuilt but it's complete, not in parts, sitting on the stand. The interior is nearly perfect other than the driver's seat which has a cover on it, as you can see from the pictures I've kept extreme care on the interior. The exterior is great too but the front hood does have some wear on it. I've done urethane performance bushings on the front suspension to stiffen up the car, it handles a lot better and I also put a nice stiff swaybar on the front, however the rear hasn't been finished yet, but it's a start, so expect it to handle much better than what it normally would, I noticed a nice difference. The guages, dash, all of it is complete, nothing is wrong with it and it's all original.

Here's some pictures

Also for cosmetics I did a custom gloss black with "interference red" pearl flames on the air filter cover, the clear coat I put over it will withstand 500 degrees farenheit, so don't expect it to catch on fire :). Has a pioneer deck in it that runs perfectly fine, has the wiring done ready for new speakers.

I hate to get rid of it, it runs perfectly, I've never had a problem with the car and I've done all the maintenance myself and kept her in awesome condition, but I just want to get my bike and right now I can't afford to keep saving for it.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Oh. I thought it was the car in your avatar. Oh well, my son want's a Trans AM 00 possibly, I said hell no, I wanted something... else, your avatar looked interesting. Sorry. Nice car, love the fire resistant coat, and good luck selling it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah the one in the avatar isn't for sale but here's what it looks like anyway.. it's my daily and autocross car, it's much lower now and the suspension has been done with KYB GR-2 Struts, soon to come are new sway bars and bushings on the ZX2. Not worried about modifying the engine right now, I'm kind of enjoying the mileage, all in good time :)

But in regards to selling this car, does anyone have any good ideas, strategies? etc? Seems to be a horrible time to sell a car and a great time to buy a bike... so neither are working hand in hand :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts