Lamborghini Talk banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
Are you sure he can upgrade the evo sensonum? a company I spoke to which also did LP610 told me it is very very difficult to upgrade the sensonum soundsystem on evo because everything pretty much uses the new digital infrastructure on evo and there is not much documentation about it.

All thoughtful and good advice but @achawla10 there is one other thing you probably already have thought of, but I will mention it, is that this kind of upgrade would be hard to recoup when you resell the vehicle. I have noticed people that buy these supercars change them often and although I understand you want the best sound system it may not be that much better to warrant incurring the added cost and potential loss on resale. I also read in your post above that you asked if the car could be returned to stock but also be aware that you may not be able to use this system in your next car.
I guess what I am asking, and only you can answer, is the delta in sound improvement worth the added cost, cost you may not be able to recoup?
Please understand I am not tying to dissuade you but rather I am trying to help you see some of the variables that potentially could bare on your decision. Best of luck!

Thanks for your reply. Overall this guy seems trustworthy and it seems that 5k is actually modest, considering the 10k for your system. It seems that everything will fit where the old stuff was so I’m hoping it will not have any rattles. I’m leaning towards going ahead. But still a little on the fence since I don’t listen to the radio that often anyhow.
If the installer use the same nm torque on all the bolts as the oem, I'm sure there won't be any rattles. A lot of installers over-tighten screws & bolts creating creaks.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Yes, all good points. At this stage in my life, I have no intention to sell the car, hopefully ever. In life things change so I like having the option to return the car to stock. In the unfortunate situation I would need to sell the car, at least I have some bases covered.
while I have the car though, I want to enjoy it to its fullest!

Are you sure he can upgrade the evo sensonum? a company I spoke to which also did LP610 told me it is very very difficult to upgrade the sensonum soundsystem on evo because everything pretty much uses the new digital infrastructure on evo and there is not much documentation about it.
All thoughtful and good advice but @achawla10 there is one other thing you probably already have thought of, but I will mention it, is that this kind of upgrade would be hard to recoup when you resell the vehicle. I have noticed people that buy these supercars change them often and although I understand you want the best sound system it may not be that much better to warrant incurring the added cost and potential loss on resale. I also read in your post above that you asked if the car could be returned to stock but also be aware that you may not be able to use this system in your next car.
I guess what I am asking, and only you can answer, is the delta in sound improvement worth the added cost, cost you may not be able to recoup?
Please understand I am not tying to dissuade you but rather I am trying to help you see some of the variables that potentially could bare on your decision. Best of luck!

Basically it only does matter if the stereo system also have a low-level output for an amplifier or only high level for the speakers. Even then the speaker outputs may already be equalized so there is no output that provides the full 20Hz-20kHz spektrum.

Often, systems like the Sensonum, Harman-Kardon or JBL have their own amplifiers for the sub, low and mid/high range speakers integrated. The mid/high range are only devided by a passive crossover. The amps have their own active crossover that are controlled by Surround processors.
In this case one can only amplify the high level signal with an amp and maybe lower or enhance the frequency level provided by the original amp.Mostly this only makes sense for a larger subwoofer or if one likes to add two low level chassis for a clean kick-bass.

If one has found the amp inputs or even a low-level signal on the unit then all the possibilibities in the audio world are possible. An external DSP with 7 or 9 channels can easily be integrated together with speakers from the brand you like (I prefer Phonocar Carbon/Kevlar kick-bass for 16cm).

In our cars the speakers may be worth to be upraded but then don't forget to add some damping to the doors as well. I often hear a rattle when the top down and hard bass reaches the door speakers. But dampenign also means more weight and thsi is not what we want in such cars. Ok, 2-4kg more dampening material means less food to me to loose these kg. You see there is always a drawback and when one does the steero upgrade then all important areas must be considered.

@ the OP...price is ridiculous for what you're getting...I did the upgrade, as I had written to you....for a fraction of that cost with much more equipment too.

Here was what I built and posted -

I owned card audio shops back in the 80's, so I have some kind of clue - lol

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Hey Blown,

Yes I agree he is charging a premium for what I am getting. In this situation however, I think finding someone I am comfortable with to do the work is worth the extra few thousand. Also, I am fortunate where the extra cost is not causing any sacrifices in other parts of my life.
I’ve reached out in the forum for any recommendations for stereo install in Southern California, and I have only gotten one response, which led to this guy.
If there are any other suggestions, I would be happy to listen to them!

@ the OP...price is ridiculous for what you're getting...I did the upgrade, as I had written to you....for a fraction of that cost with much more equipment too.

Here was what I built and posted -

I owned card audio shops back in the 80's, so I have some kind of clue - lol

There are a plethora of audio dealers there, and a good number of high end dealers within that. Honestly, there is no reason to fork out what you're planning to to get a high end system...

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.