Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 541 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Start of the restoration of my 15184 Urraco.

Last year I bought this Urraco from somebody who had been working on it since 1980 but was not able to finish the job.
This week I started with the preparations, I placed a second hand elevator in my garage.

Attachments

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Alfa Romeo

Before starting the job on the Urraco I first have to put back on the road my Alfetta GTV 2000 from 1976. Here you see it on the lifter. I restaurated this car from 1984 to 1991 and then drove it for about one year, since then it has been waiting. Now I am almost ready, next week I think. On the left in the background you can see the red baby bull waiting for restauration.

Attachments

·
Registered
591 Posts
From the picture you've listed on your profile it looks like the body is in great shape Pollus. Good-luck and have fun with it! Keep posting with photos.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
From the picture you've listed on your profile it looks like the body is in great shape Pollus.
It does! Nice red color too. Also like the Alfetta btw, those cars are usually a pleasure to drive.
Succes ermee, keep us posted! :wave:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
From the picture you've listed on your profile it looks like the body is in great shape Pollus. Good-luck and have fun with it! Keep posting with photos.
The body is OK, only a few minor rust problems. It was originally brown as you can see on the picture but was repainted. Probably because it has been driven only for 7 years I think and 37000km. As far as I know it was sold in Spain, it was imported in the Netherlands in 1980 and the last owner bought it in 1983. Anybody who knows more about its history, please let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
thanks for posting

captivated with urraco resto stories...

cool you have and old gtv.... i use dot have one too but now ive have an old 105 gtv

cheers

rs

·
Registered
260 Posts
The Euro 3 liter cars had it for spark plug access

Im pretty certain that all not all P300 had this access hole cut out in the firewall.

Contrary to some of your earlier absolute statements regarding urracos, i have a P300 windshield with tinted glass and inset antenna. also some of very early production P250 engine bays where painted body color rather than black.

For future personal reference, please correct me if im wrong.

respectfully.

rs

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
reminds me of my lm002 full rebuild... good luck.. i would sugest taking your time..becouse allotcomes up at the wierdest times.... like just when your done with one part.. later you get an issue with it... verry frustrating.. but in the end , hopfully you get what you want..
good luck and show lots of pics.. lool

also my advice.. use new insulation were you can,,, heat and sound.. it will help allot.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Pollus,

I am curious...what sort of disk did you strip the car with and did you find lead on seams or polyester ?

Paul

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Pollus,

I am curious...what sort of disk did you strip the car with and did you find lead on seams or polyester ?

Paul
See the pics foor the tools I use. These are a drilling machine with a steel brush for small corners, a grinder with a disc nr 80 for let's say medium corners and for the big surface a drilling machine with a speed of about 1000rpm and 3m paper nr 40, see the pic.
I noticed that on the places were they welded together the car they used a kind of lead, I think it is an alloy lead/tin.
Maybe old fashioned nowadays but there are still people who use it.
GRS Paul

Attachments

1 - 20 of 541 Posts