Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys does anyone know the part no. for this? I noticed when I put my top down that this happened.

Have you replaced yours??

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,087 Posts
RunDLC, one of mine doesn’t snap up all the way either although it is not as bad as yours. I would like to source the issue and fix it as well, so if you find any more how-to on this let me know. See this part diagram. I believe they are part number 22 and 23 respectively.

it is not clear to me if it is spring loaded or mechanically actuated. I think I might need to stick my phone down there and take a photo from underneath to see. It appears to be spring activated as I can push down on it and it will spring back so in your case if that is correct you’re probably lacking a spring or the mechanism that attaches the spring has broken.

by the way, I also have a silver spider but with black and red interior. Looks like you might have white and black interior?

·
Vendor
1,556 Posts
Thats not what this flap piece is. I sell these pretty often but usually the they snap off and are lost. There is a metal door link piece that attaches to it which moves it up and down. Might just have been popped off.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
Glen, in the diagram you posted above I don't see the flap in question. which part? Also, do you know how to access this area to re-attach to the metal part?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well here is one thing I now know, NEVER, push down on a working one to see if its spring loaded!! Now both are down:(

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
I took photos of mine, drivers side. Looks like plastic parts snap onto the metal rod, another metal rod pushes/pulls it up and down. Stick your phone camera underneath and take a photo to see what is not connected by comparing to my pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What did you have to pull apart to get these pics?? I know that the little rod is not connected. Ive just never pulled it apart and need to know how?

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
All I did was put the top up until that area was exposed. Midway through its cycle that flap will be down and you stop the roof at that point, pull the flap up with your finger and take photos. I’m willing to bet, though I didn’t look at it that closely, that dirt during that positioning you would be able to get in there and re-connect the plastic piece to the metal bar.

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
Well, well, well. See my post #9 above, last pic. I've edited it and re-attached it here. Today, I was out in the sunny gorgeous weather at a stop light and decided it was time to go topless. 90% of the top-down function later I get the buzz and the dreaded "Soft Top Cannot Be Operated" warning in the dash. $#@%. The top was slightly diagonal in my rear view mirror, and about 5 inches up from the engine, where it was stuck. Luckily, gas station 50 yards away..... On/off, re-try, nothing. Nursed it home very slowly. I followed the owner's manual to release the hydraulic top mechanism (written in German precision, way over-engineered of course with a bazillion step process requiring the special tool that comes with the car in the tool kit. DONT EVEN THINK about losing that tool!) Fortunately, I noticed the triangular flap thingy was off the car and stuck in the mechanism. I loosened the top following the owner's manual process and pulled the slightly mangled piece out. Here are pics of the piece.

Now, I noticed my post from October 5th or so showed this same piece taken with my iPhone up under the driver's side triangular flap. Low-n-Behold it was already cracked quite significantly and I did not notice it until tonight in examining my now-mangled broken piece! IF YOU HAVE A DANGLY FLAP (!), BUY A NEW ONE AND FIX IT PROACTIVELY OR YOU WILL GET STRANDED WITH THIS SAME ISSUE.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I guess youll be making a call to Glen?? I need to buy a pair as well. maybe Glen will give us a group buy of 2 ?? LOL,LOL,LOL

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
Glenn says these are $500 for the pair, $250 per piece, and require your Vin number so that they can match the leather. For what broke on mine which amounts to a small piece of plastic, I think I’m going to try to use JB Weld and fix it rather than spend $250 and wait several weeks for Italy.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I was thinking of the same thing! When that time comes, or even to reinforce it now. I also thought about using my 3d printer to make the part, then I could cover it in some pleather (or try to reuse what's there). But I think JB welding it... or reinforcing parts that might crack, before it happens, should be preventative maintenance for all.

I'm going to take my flaps out this week to start looking at options.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts