Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So I know there isn't too much info on the smart top - which I'm surprised with because to me it's a no-brainer mod for $375 and can completely reversed if needed.' There are no wires to be spliced or anything needed to be cut.

Install (difficulty level 4 / 10)

The smart top comes with a module and a new wiring harness. You plug your car's cables into the new harness, and the new harness goes to the module and has new cables to plug into your car. It's a simple install - took me about 40 minutes and I was being super careful and OCD about everything. I would say installation difficulty is 4 out of 10 difficulty level - you can do it even if you have little to no experience.

The reason I installed it myself is because the retailer told me I should - and since not a lot of Huracan has this mod, every car audio shop I called said they have never done it and would be their first time doing this install as well. Since that is the case, I'd rather do it myself and take the time out to do it right. All you need is a 25 and a 30 torx screw driver. No other mods necessary.

Install instructions: mods4cars product manual

I bought the module here: SmartTOP Roof Top Control Lamborghini - no affiliations - its $325 for the gallardo and $375 for huracans.

Feedback

Absolutely an amazing mod! I don't know why every car don't have this from the factory. Besides the cool factor, it also conveniently allows for 1 click operation of the roof (instead of having to hold down the button every time). I love walking up to the car and opening the top remotely. Similarly, leaving the car with the roof open is nice so you can get out easier, once you're out of the car, simply press and hold the lock button for 5 seconds and the top will close itself and locks the car.

My car with the smart top in action:

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
13,089 Posts
I’m definitely adding it to my EVO when I get it. Couldn’t get the video to open on my iPad.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts