Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Close to picking up a 06-08 gallardo and debating between hardtop and spyder versions.

Do any of the spyder owners on here experience top problems? Mechanism not working, needing repairs, etc? Anybody that has had both, is the visibility with top up (closed) any better or worse than the hardtop? Thanks for all of your input!

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
weight is a big factor too. spyder is about 300-350 lbs heavier

for that reason alone, i prefer the coupe.

the soft top is pretty reliable though. even oldest spyder is only 8-9 years old so very few have reported issue.

i prefer to have another car that is a convertible.

·
Registered
120 Posts
No problems with mine. LOVE the open air driving on the nice days. I don't race the car so I don't worry about the added weight! IMO you can't beat a convertible!

·
Registered
160 Posts
No problems with mine. LOVE the open air driving on the nice days. I don't race the car so I don't worry about the added weight! IMO you can't beat a convertible!
Totally agree!

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
13,980 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good to know the top is not causing anyone trouble!

Another question is do any of the spyder owners (esp who were in between convertible and not) wish they would have gotten the hardtop? Why so...?

Looks to me can go either way, I love the classic look of the hardtop, but also think the convertible looks racier/sportier if that makes any sense.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The G looks good whether hardtop or convertible. The cars lines are incredible. They look modern and up to date even now over 10 years after it's debut.
That being said, hard top or convertible is a personal preference. I live in NY, north of NYC. Although lately we have had some lousy weather, generally speaking I get to drive with the top down a good 6-7 months a year. During the colder months, as long as the roads are clear, I use the car with the top up and still love it. It's one of the few cars that I feel looks just as good with the top up as it does with the top down. Best of both worlds, IMO.
I'm sure some of the Spyder owners who live in Florida as well as Russ who lives in "Paradise" will tell you how they enjoy their top down driving just about all year long!

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
13,980 Posts
I said this on another thread, but the spyder is like having 2 cars in one. It is just so sexy with the top down. If I were to say one thing that sometimes is uncomfortable, it would be the attention it draws and with the top down, people seem to be more vocal and excited. If I want privacy I just keep the top up. This is my second spyder and I can't imagine not having the choice of up or down.

I got stuck at the intersection of Kalakaua & Lewers (heart of Waikiki) and decided I had enough time to pop the top. Tourist everywhere, and a huge open air tour bus next to me, and people snapping photos like crazy. I heard the tour bus driver announce "and on our left is a half a million dollar Lamborghini", it was quite a scene. I felt like putting the top back up! Lol!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts