Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replied to a car wash thread in another sub forum and it reminded me to share a VERY important alert for any Spyder owners. Last year, I was spot washing the back of my Performante. Top was down but I wanted to rinse the rear and dry. I’ve done this many many times. I proceeded to rinse the back, and then dried it as I normally do. As I was walking into the garage I heard my car beep, the frunk opened and the lights started to flicker. I thought the car was possessed. The keys were on the drivers seat. I went to open the car and the door was locked, I reached over and grabbed the key but ALL electronics were shut down. Nothing. Once again the car started this odd ritual, lights flickered, frunk latch opened (the frunk was already opened but the latch activated) and them stopped again. I called a friend that worked for used Lamborghini for many years and he said “I know what it is, I’ll be right over”, this happened to another Huracan in our lot. Here’s the warning: when the top is down, the back window is down water CAN leak in the gap between the engine firewall and interior. And, believe it or not, the main electronic console (the cars brain) is right there, and it’s not in a waterproof location. So, I fried this console. The other Huracan my friend told me about was an even crazier story > the console fried because a water bottle was in the center console and spilled backwards and leaked into that same area. (When he told me about this my first reaction was “maybe the cup holder isn’t so expensive after all”< lol). The electronic emergency breaks were on so they had to put the car on skid plates to load. Crazy!! Anyway, it was a $2000+ repair with a fair amount of back and forth with the dealer to cover under warranty.

Be extra careful about getting water in that area with the top down. So much for our afternoon thunderstorms here in FL. Kind of shocking it’s not engineered to be waterproof.

·
Registered
2020 Huracan Evo with Heffner Twin Turbo
81 Posts
Ok that is crazy..and confirms that I LOVE the bucket wash/rinseless car wash now. No spraying water into the unknown, and I get to wash it in an A/C’d garage and avoid the rediculous heat this time of year in Fort Lauderdale.
Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Same exact thing happened to my bro in law with R8.. which is what he bought right after selling his performante that is the car in the picture of your little avatar

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,482 Posts
Ok that is crazy..and confirms that I LOVE the bucket wash/rinseless car wash now. No spraying water into the unknown, and I get to wash it in an A/C’d garage and avoid the rediculous heat this time of year in Fort Lauderdale.
Thanks for sharing!
Yep, I’m with you on this one. Never take a hose to the topside of the car, and rarely the bottom.

·
Registered
Huracan Performante Twin Turbo
1,300 Posts
What? How slow? So detailers all over the globe are deteriorating rubber? I’m close to several detailers and this is a new one.
My car is 3.5 years old (purchaed new) and I am starting to see it...my detailer told me not to use it
Could be a Lambo issue?

·
Premium Member
1,978 Posts
I hand wash my car Spyder every week but have never done it with top down so guessing no issue this way? I do use a foam cannon sometimes but not on a pressure washer
Shorts Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Tire

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,545 Posts
My car is 3.5 years old (purchaed new) and I am starting to see it...my detailer told me not to use it
Could be a Lambo issue?
I use PH balanced shampoos with a power washer on all our cars and I have not observed any rubber deterioration. I use a Kranzle K1122TST plus MTM soap cannon and I never leave home without them.

Attachments

·
Registered
Huracan Performante Twin Turbo
1,300 Posts
I use PH balanced shampoos with a power washer on all our cars and I have not observed any rubber deterioration. I use a Kranzle K1122TST plus MTM soap cannon and I never leave home without them.
Yes I use only Mac products too, especially PH balanced car wash to protect the ceramic coating and PPF.
The window rubber deteriation is only mild but I have decided to stop using foam wash on the Lambo. I still use it on all my other cars though ( RR, SRT etc )

Reactions: Lambo2018
1 - 20 of 42 Posts