Lamborghini Talk banner
381 - 396 of 396 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wao! I ordered a Sprint Booster from Jason Burtman from Burtman Industries and I have to say this thing rocks. My Gallardo is a complete different car now. Take off is fast now; no more lag on 1st gear. You should give it a try.
I got mine 2 years ago from Burtman. Probably the biggest difference out of any other mod I've done. Also got custom floor mats and new Michelin tires from him and he beat any price I could find including Tire Rack!

My car is also for sale in the classifieds. I have a Spyder and now want to try a coupe.

·
Registered
08 SL #07008 in Nero Noctis
73 Posts
For those having surges, pls pls pls check and clean your FUEL PRESSURE REGULATORS.....a dirty FPR will cause surges, cutouts, bogging, inconsistent throttle modulation. The sprint booster will exacerbate those issues if you have them....clean clean clean!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,977 Posts
The only time I was a little embarrassed was when I was coming up to a stop light and had it set at 9, the light changed and I started off a little to quickly and let off, then back on and off, I had one of the jerkiest looking starts of my life. People watching were wondering what the heck I was doing. Actually kind of funny.

• Haha
Reactions: Rcasa20

·
Registered
4 Posts
For those having surges, pls pls pls check and clean your FUEL PRESSURE REGULATORS.....a dirty FPR will cause surges, cutouts, bogging, inconsistent throttle modulation. The sprint booster will exacerbate those issues if you have them....clean clean clean!
I’m pretty sure that the narrow and therefore sensitive throttle window produced by the device causes the surging…..just sayin!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I’m pretty sure that the narrow and therefore sensitive throttle window produced by the device causes the surging…..just sayin!
Never had issues with mine and I still have 100% throttle travel. It's not narrow, it just gives me more control of the power my G makes. The dirty FP regulator does make sense is it is not returning the correct amount of fuel to the tank. Extra fuel= rise in RPMS all while the ECU is trying to lower the RPMS to the factory range. I've seen this happen with IACV when they act up on other cars. RPMS begin to hunt up and down. Maybe the SB exasperates the issue when on?
This kinda makes sense and dirty throttle bodies could also be a culprit. I've seen some people have this "issue" but it is clearly specific to another problem happening since I've seen 100's of people never have an issue (including me) .

interesting to say the least...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Never had issues with mine and I still have 100% throttle travel. It's not narrow, it just gives me more control of the power my G makes.
It definitely compresses the pedal travel to a smaller range. As the SB only interfaces with one system realistically that is all it can do.

·
Registered
08 SL #07008 in Nero Noctis
73 Posts
Never had issues with mine and I still have 100% throttle travel. It's not narrow, it just gives me more control of the power my G makes. The dirty FP regulator does make sense is it is not returning the correct amount of fuel to the tank. Extra fuel= rise in RPMS all while the ECU is trying to lower the RPMS to the factory range. I've seen this happen with IACV when they act up on other cars. RPMS begin to hunt up and down. Maybe the SB exasperates the issue when on?
This kinda makes sense and dirty throttle bodies could also be a culprit. I've seen some people have this "issue" but it is clearly specific to another problem happening since I've seen 100's of people never have an issue (including me) .

interesting to say the least...
this was my fix after cleaning the throttle bodies did absolutely nothing at all except waste time. The Sprintbooster made the issues 10x worse (the hunting,etc) and it makes complete sense understanding the FPR was dirty and not operating as it should. I took the SB out and it has been sitting in a cabinet since (never reinstalled after fixing the FPR later on, maybe will try this eventually), it was better but not fixed.

The FPR was visually dirty, just gave it a wipe down with shop towel and iso to remove and filament and dirt.

Everybody says its the throttle bodies, but what happens when that isn't the case? (Mine were very clean, made them even cleaner and no dice) this made me go down the line to the next possible point.

·
Vendor
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #391 · · Business

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought the sprintbooster from Jason for my Gallardo and it's a game changer. Was really fun having the mechanic test drive it and come back beaming "that sprintbooster really brings the car to life, its a completely different car".

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just ordered my SB from Jason last night! Jason’s forthcoming ness and all the positive reviews are what sold me. Pumped to put it on my 08 SuperG!

·
Vendor
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #395 · (Edited) · Business

·
Registered
10 Posts
Installed mine about a month ago on my pre LP. Had to turn it down some. Right now I seem to like the green setting turned all the way up. Definitely life changing and completely takes the guess work out of the throttle response. I used to hate how I would accelerate from a stop 3 separate times and literally get 3 separate throttle response delays. With the booster it’s extremely predictable now and you can set it to react however you see fit. Definitely made the car feel normal and not so sluggish off the start. Very impressed.

-make sure to take some deep breaths during installation…can be extremely irritating and tedious due to lack of room down there. I absolutely could NOT get comfortable lol

381 - 396 of 396 Posts