Lamborghini Talk banner
361 - 380 of 398 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
can someone direct me to the video showing how to remove the wiring plugs on the throttle pedal. I have seen it but can't find it anywhere now

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
191 Posts
Installed it today. Wow!

I have a turbo G. I was always disappointed in the power under 3k rpm.

This car (LP560) doesn’t have particularly high torque numbers stock so I figured it is what it is. It always felt sluggish at low RPMs. I couldn’t figure out why but just attributed it to turbo lag. I kept thinking to myself, “this must be a very underwhelming car without the turbos.” Now that I’ve installed the sprint booster the car completely comes alive at low RPMs. It’s remarkable how much more torquey it feels.
But here’s the real benefit: it is so much easier to leave from a standstill. As a MT fan I was not sure I’d like an egear car. I have to say it is really a good system once under way. This car is a handful with all the power and speed so having both hands in the wheel is nice. BUT starting from a stop sucked big time. I have a racing clutch that is full of chatter and is grabby. Basically leaving from the start line it either looks like I’m trying to race everybody (take off like a jerk) or that I can’t figure out how to drive my car. There was no ability to ease into it. I put the sprint booster on red 6 and it totally smoothed out the transition from stop to rolling. Unreal.
As for the install — it was a pain getting the plug off. I broke the release tab (must have been brittle). I ended up removing the pedal and it was much easier after that.

·
Vendor
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #363 ·

·
Registered
2006 Gallardo SE
173 Posts
any feedback from E-gear owners? I saw a couple post in here that their cars were even more 'surgey' on take off after fitting this - maybe they had the wrong setting on the SB as it seems far more people have had good results with it on E-gears. (I have a 2006 SE)
thanks

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
467 Posts
My E-gear loves the SB, my tires hate it, not always a win-win for everybody. I think the surge issue may come into play at the more sensitive levels, the red settings, but may be more susceptible to some individuals since everybody has their own driving style and pedal 'feel'. That can even change depending upon what shoes you are wearing...... say you usually wear thin sole comfy shoes and suddenly one day you have to wear your work boots. That's going to feel different and you have to adjust to it. Same thing, that's why everyone's ideal program number is different and why there's a range to enable you to tailor it to your unique feel and driving style. I use Red 3, and if I'm not paying attention and don't have my foot properly mounted on the pedal I've experienced this 'phenomenon' on a rare occasion

Reactions: HonkyLips

·
Registered
2006 Gallardo SE
173 Posts
I dont have a SB, but the surging seems to be dependent on how the car is loaded up by hills when taking off - Ive tried light throttle (hardly getting moving) and aggressive inputs - nothing seems to help much so I'm hoping a SB will.
thanks for the reply. Cheers

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sprint Booster for 04-14 Gallardo and LP, installed! I love it. Video attached

My previous owner, who's on this forum, had this installed before I bought the car. I've also been a dealer for Sprint Booster for over 10 years and have installed them in my own cars. Not every make car benefits as well as others, but there is serious delay in the gas pedal in these cars due to the drive by wire. You may not even realize it, but it's there. I've sold these for Toyoto's, Porsche's, you name it.

When I got the car, I had it turned off for a week as I wanted to see the car in it's natural state. Starting out from a stop in these cars isn't always easy, but I got used to it for a week, then turned on the Sprint Booster. It's freaking a night and day difference! And, if you ever let someone else drive your car (wife, gf, friend) whoever, they aren't going to fry the clutch with this. I can't go back to stock now that I turned it on.

If you watch the video, you'll see foot on the pedal revving, then see the rpm's as they are behind by quite a bit, then sprint booster on, instant response. These have recently been tweaked and updated for our cars, and idle is perfect and you don't know it's there until you hit the gas and feel how much quicker things are.

As I said, I'm a dealer for these as well and don't mind helping the community out. They normally go for around $299, but I'll do less and knock some off for you guys because I love it and want others to see what it does.

Order here:

Burtman Industries Sprint Booster for 04-14 Lamborghini, on sale for Lambo talk members

Edit, watch this new video to see exactly what this does!

Hi there,

Thank you for the video and detailed info. Do you have one for a 2008 Murci LP640?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I dont have a SB, but the surging seems to be dependent on how the car is loaded up by hills when taking off - Ive tried light throttle (hardly getting moving) and aggressive inputs - nothing seems to help much so I'm hoping a SB will.
thanks for the reply. Cheers
The surge is horrible using the red settings. When you think it is adjusted for the right feel, the surge happens with light throttle application….usually up a moderate incline. I’ve had to turn the sensitivity down so far that the benefit of the device is almost nullified. At some point I’ll probably remove it and try something else when I find time. Also, I bought mine from Burtman……cost more than buying it from the manufacturer….just food for thought…

·
Registered
2006 Gallardo SE
173 Posts
The surge is horrible using the red settings. When you think it is adjusted for the right feel, the surge happens with light throttle application….usually up a moderate incline. I’ve had to turn the sensitivity down so far that the benefit of the device is almost nullified. At some point I’ll probably remove it and try something else when I find time. Also, I bought mine from Burtman……cost more than buying it from the manufacturer….just food for thought…
thanks for that info, very interesting.

I have to replace an aircon hose at the motor end of the propshaft tunnel soon as it gets here from italy.

I'm going to remove the propshaft completely & run in RWD mode to see if this reduces the surge

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have the SB installed on my SL and decided after over a year of use to just turn it off as I didn’t feel it helped that much. I didn’t like the way it compressed pedal travel to a smaller range.

You can easily tell what it does by simply holding the RPM’s steady at 2000rpms and switch it on and watch the RPM’s jump up and then jump higher when switched to red and back to 2000rpm when switched off. I also verified this with an OBDII reader which displays throttle position and watched it change. Throttle position will reach 100% well before full pedal travel Is reached. At green 5 the jump is about 25% more.

·
Registered
84 Posts
any feedback from E-gear owners? I saw a couple post in here that their cars were even more 'surgey' on take off after fitting this - maybe they had the wrong setting on the SB as it seems far more people have had good results with it on E-gears. (I have a 2006 SE)
thanks
Think the SB just make the throttle response smoother and reacts sooner on movement, just floor the paddle and it will not surge :) .

·
Registered
21 Posts
Has anyone had an issue with your car surging at idle after installing the sprint booster? Mine started surging anytime I'm sitting at idle. From 1,000-1500 rpm. I turn it off and it stops, so it's definitely the sprint booster.

·
Vendor
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #376 ·
Has anyone had an issue with your car surging at idle after installing the sprint booster? Mine started surging anytime I'm sitting at idle. From 1,000-1500 rpm. I turn it off and it stops, so it's definitely the sprint booster.
I apologize for the delay. I had covid and finally getting back to normal. I will try help you resolve the issue whether it's sprint booster related or not. From what I've seen in the past, you will find dirty throttle bodies can have the same effects on a gallardo. When a sprint booster is on, this can exacerbate the issue before it becomes prevalent. Have you taken look at them yet?

Hi there,

Thank you for the video and detailed info. Do you have one for a 2008 Murci LP640?
Yes, here is Murci unit: Burtman Industries

·
Registered
4 Posts
thanks for that info, very interesting.

I have to replace an aircon hose at the motor end of the propshaft tunnel soon as it gets here from italy.

I'm going to remove the propshaft completely & run in RWD mode to see if this reduces the surge
I have an LP 550-2…….so already RWD….

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sprint Booster for 04-14 Gallardo and LP, installed! I love it. Video attached

My previous owner, who's on this forum, had this installed before I bought the car. I've also been a dealer for Sprint Booster for over 10 years and have installed them in my own cars. Not every make car benefits as well as others, but there is serious delay in the gas pedal in these cars due to the drive by wire. You may not even realize it, but it's there. I've sold these for Toyoto's, Porsche's, you name it.

When I got the car, I had it turned off for a week as I wanted to see the car in it's natural state. Starting out from a stop in these cars isn't always easy, but I got used to it for a week, then turned on the Sprint Booster. It's freaking a night and day difference! And, if you ever let someone else drive your car (wife, gf, friend) whoever, they aren't going to fry the clutch with this. I can't go back to stock now that I turned it on.

If you watch the video, you'll see foot on the pedal revving, then see the rpm's as they are behind by quite a bit, then sprint booster on, instant response. These have recently been tweaked and updated for our cars, and idle is perfect and you don't know it's there until you hit the gas and feel how much quicker things are.

As I said, I'm a dealer for these as well and don't mind helping the community out. They normally go for around $299, but I'll do less and knock some off for you guys because I love it and want others to see what it does.

Order here:

Burtman Industries Sprint Booster for 04-14 Lamborghini, on sale for Lambo talk members

Edit, watch this new video to see exactly what this does!

Just ordered mine. Can’t wait to get it installed

·
Vendor
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #379 · · Business
361 - 380 of 398 Posts